AE AE17 Launch & Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Final%20CR%20LeaderboardWk17_zpsvsfd1avz.jpg

Rams%20Celebration_zpsvax9adi8.jpg

Well done Bloods_33, too good this season!
But like the '72 Dolphins team, I quietly celebrated this morning when my CR High Score still stood.
Having said that, I was waiting for you to slip up week after week, but your tipping was consistent meaning the chasing pack needed to take risks. Awesome job matey.

Well done Bloods_33, that was a very convincing win this season! Well done to the other winners as well.

Thanks to Woodson, JeffDunne and all the other people who run the various games. It was another fun, professionally run season.

I'll be back to donate another $40 in August!

I'll be back to donate another $40 in August!

Think that's the only reason they let me keep logging in.

Congrats to the all the winners and prizemoney receivers.

Also huge thanks to JeffDunne for the website, Woodson for all the weekly roundups and setup work and the others who run and update all the minor comps in AE.

It makes the NFL season all the more fun for me and I'm sure many others. It is appreciated. :thumbsu:

Thanks to Woodson, JeffDunne and everyone else that contributes to running the comps. Congratulations to all the (other) winners - always good to get a collect. Think I have had a 3rd place finish and a LCS final in the past.

MostAETitles_Superfreak_zpsozsllorh.jpg

LEADING AE TITLES LIST:

FIVE TITLES
SUPERFREAK (4 majors)
THREE TITLES
FUEY (1)
PETERBUCH74 (2)
COUPLE TITLES
CROWMAN23 (1)
ISLAND BOMBER (2)
MATT897 (no majors)
MOO (2)
NOBBYISCOOL (2)
REDRAGGER (2)
SODAPOP (2)
SVEN (2)

Leading ND Divisions:
FIVE Titles
Chism & Sven
FOUR Titles
Fuey & TCol
THREE Titles
Galactic, Marklar33, PeterBuch74

Last edited:
Damn - 4th last year, 10th this year........going the wrong way !!!
Congrats to Bloods_33, Superfreak and the other winners. Big thank you to Woodson, bgt/brett and jeffdunne for all the work you do.
If I don't freeze to death this winter, see you next season. Enjoy the Summer ya bastards !!!

Danielz23story_zpszh5lz1et.jpg

It was fairytale finish for one of the original members of the 2007 class who has had pretty much a (tragic) Bengals run in the AE until the last minute of the one of the late nine games that needed to determine the fate of Bengals HC Marv Lewis and whether the Ravens were returning to the play-offs. The Bengals opened the game with a TD and despite the next nine drives being punts, the Bengals held the lead until middle of the last quarter when Joe Flacco connected with Mike Wallace to push the Ravens ahead 27-24, having rallied from a 14 point deficit twice. However, the much maligned QB Andy Dalton, took it upon himself to rally the Bengals in the closing stages of the final quarter that needed some luck in a way of a Ravens penalty to negate an interception inside the two minute warning. With the clocking ticking and the Bengals unable to cross midfield, they used their last time out as it come down to a 4th & 12 play inside the last minute.
Live%20AE_zpsmxbnv07k.jpg

It was now or never for Marv Lewis' tenure which seemed certain to cease.. Andy Dalton had targeted his gun WR AJ Green ten times with little success, (2 catches for 17 yards), so with a downfield receiver seemingly covered in zone coverage, Dalton rifled a bullet to second year WR Tyler Boyd who had only averaged 8 yards per his 5 catches until his made the game breaking play that needed him to weave around three defenders and he takes it to the house for a 49 yard TD to give back the lead to the Bengals.. the Ravens were unable to move the chains on their next four plays which sealed an overtime (tie-breaker) victory for superfreak in the Next Duel SB X as well as rewarding danielz_23 his first AE title plus a equal second boost on the final CR standings to boost his final AE dividend to half a gorilla. No Guts No Glory.. Danielz23 was the only one to select the Bengals!! Congrats on a much deserved AE triumph. Sergio's Realm was in position to snare HRS Raffle Romp AE Glory if the Ravens could make that 4th down stop.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back