AE AE17 Launch & Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Duel Standings after Week 1

26202g2.jpg

30i8k1i.jpg

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE - 3XKO

I refer to my previous post on page 10 where i informed everyone that burningleviathan had been eliminated for failing to submit any tips in the 3XKO competition. I misunderstood the wording " Default 3XKO picks for your weekly selections submitted, if overlooked, shall be the last three games of the week being notably MNF, SNF and the most western located venue game of the late Sunday games " and assumed that meant giving burning the away teams from NYG v DAL, NO v MIN and LAC v DEN. Our wise commish has advised me that as burning submitted tips in the CR competition that those tips were able to be used in the 3XKO competition. Hence burning in the CR comp had tipped DAL, NO and DEN that he has in fact only lost the one life despite not tipping anyone in the 3XKO competition.

Apologies to the commish and welcome back burningleviathan.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE - 3XKO

I refer to my previous post on page 10 where i informed everyone that burningleviathan had been eliminated for failing to submit any tips in the 3XKO competition. I misunderstood the wording " Default 3XKO picks for your weekly selections submitted, if overlooked, shall be the last three games of the week being notably MNF, SNF and the most western located venue game of the late Sunday games " and assumed that meant giving burning the away teams from NYG v DAL, NO v MIN and LAC v DEN. Our wise commish has advised me that as burning submitted tips in the CR competition that those tips were able to be used in the 3XKO competition. Hence burning in the CR comp had tipped DAL, NO and DEN that he has in fact only lost the one life despite not tipping anyone in the 3XKO competition.

Apologies to the commish and welcome back burningleviathan.
I've updated the site to reflect this.

Burningleviathan let me know if there's any issues.

HOT STREAK UPDATE

Hot Streak got off to an inauspicious start this season. Firstly Hot Streak didn't feature on the AE promo truck and then the season started with 64 red crosses as the Patriots failed those confident they'd win the season opener. Only one man stood tall after that game : GG.exe - the sole Hot Streaker to correctly add the Chiefs.
GG took his streak to 3 before bombing out as the Bengals bungled. The Ravens victory saw GG joined, on 3, by five other tipsters. The following game, Steelers over Browns, saw 4 become the leading score for the new season with four Hot Streakers tied for the lead.
paultheokay took his streak to 5 to be the Hot Streak leader during the early week 1 games, but that ended with the Texans loss littering the Hot Streak board with red.
The Titans-Raiders, Redskins-Eagles and Colts-Rams games provided a mixture of results. arakaan and Walesy avoided the clutter and picked wisely to take their active streaks to a competition leading 5.
The last 5 games saw some clear air for swannies , PHX and Jatz as they rattled off 5 straight winners to be among the sextet leading this competition and the quintet riding active streaks.

oIWbH2F.jpg

Hot Streak got off to an inauspicious start this season. Firstly Hot Streak didn't feature on the AE promo truck and then the season started with 64 red crosses as the Patriots failed those confident they'd win the season opener. Only one man stood tall after that game : GG.exe - the sole Hot Streaker to correctly add the Chiefs.
GG took his streak to 3 before bombing out as the Bengals bungled. The Ravens victory saw GG joined, on 3, by five other tipsters. The following game, Steelers over Browns, saw 4 become the leading score for the new season with four Hot Streakers tied for the lead.
You could take a cue here Woodson from this excellent journalistic effort ;)

Sorry folks. Cheers for the update. I honestly didn't see the other tab when submitting my tip. Will make sure to do it right this week. A big thanks to the commish for picking up on the technicality

ND_DD_Week2_zpsxcql2qst.jpg

NEXT DUEL WEEK 2 SCHEDULE
Note: First listed is ahead of the opponent on CR standings

INTERCONFENCE STOUCHES (5)
GRIDIRON WARRIOR (1-0-0) vs SVEN (1-0-0)
ISLAND BOMBER (1-0-0) vs RASHMONADON (0-1-0)
SIMONOZ (1-0-0) vs BORN AGAIN IDIOT (0-1-0)
SHINY ON TOP (1-0-0) vs DIRTY BIRD (0-1-0)

STARLIN CASTRO (1-0-0) vs SUPERFREAK (1-0-0)

ND%20DD_Wk2_LamarHunt_zps02bkmvjd.jpg

LAMAR HUNT CONFERENCE WEEK 2

DIVISIONAL DOGFIGHTS (4)
CHAFING THE DREAM (1-0) vs PHX (1-0)
HIDE & ZEKE (0-1-0) vs LICORICE ALLSORTS (0-1-0)

RASKOLNIKOV (1-0-0) vs TGBB (1-0-0)
SERGIO’s REALM (0-1-0) vs MOUNTAIN DEW (0-1-0)

CONFERENCE CLOUTS (12)
11SJW (1-0-0) vs BALMAINFOREVER (0-1-0)
CROWMAN23 (1-0-0) vs BILLIEVER (0-1-0)
BIPOLARBEAR (1-0-0) vs KELZI (0-1-0)
BUCKETSS (0-1-0) vs NOBBYISCOOL (0-1-0)
DEMONIC ASCENT (0-1-0) vs GG (1-0-0)

FUEY (1-0-0) vs OSCARMAN (0-1-0)
PEDGE7 (1-0-0) vs WALSEY (0-1-0)
PETERBUCH74 (0-1-0) vs BABY GOT DAK (0-1-0)
RIGGO DIESEL44 (1-0-0) vs BELIKEMIKE (0-1-0)
SHOWBAG (1-0-0) vs SMITHS (0-1-0)

SWANNIES (1-0-0) vs TOMATOSAUCELING (0-1-0)
WADW (1-0-0) vs BGT2110 (1-0-0)

ND%20DD_Wk2_WMC_zps0nucyaah.jpg

WELLINGTON MARA CONFERENCE WEEK 2

DIVISIONAL DOGFIGHTS (8)
ARAKAAN (1-0-0) vs PRAWNOGRAPHER (1-0-0)
BIGREDMACHINE (1-0-0) vs AMERICAN CROW (0-1-0)
BPG (1-0-0) vs KNACKERS (0-1-0)
CHISM (0-1-0) vs FLETCHER (0-1-0)
GALACTIC (1-0-0) vs JEFFDUNNE (0-1-0)
JATZ (0-1-0) vs MATT897 (1-0-0)
McGARNACLE (0-1-0) vs KADOG (1-0-0)
OSMODAIR (1-0-0) vs MARCUZ (0-1-0)

CONFERENCE CLOUTS (8)
AUSSIEDUDE (1-0-0) vs JME (0-1-0)
BLOODS33 (1-0-0) vs BROKEN (0-1-0)
BURNINGLEVIATHAN (1-0-0) vs TCOL (1-0-0)

DANIELZ23 (0-1-0) vs CAMSMITH (0-1-0)
MARKLAR33 (1-0-0) vs WOODSON (1-0-0)
PAULTHEOKAY (0-1-0) vs JAYZAH (0-1-0)
SODAPOP (0-1-0) vs PAPA JUGGS (0-1-0)

STRIKER475 (0-1-0) vs STATSMAN74 (1-0-0)

Last edited:
Sorry folks. Cheers for the update. I honestly didn't see the other tab when submitting my tip. Will make sure to do it right this week. A big thanks to the commish for picking up on the technicality

It's nice when you get off on a technicality, just don't go trying it in finals :p

You could take a cue here Woodson from this excellent journalistic effort ;)

You've already got some mentions on social media @ae17clubhouse Facebook page. Also updated much of this weeks comps.. only the full wrap is (over)due. I've made mention behind the scenes to GW that SIX of his recruits have failed to fire a SHOT.. all below you on the standings. Only ONE rookie had a victory and LicoriceAllsorts needs to pull up his socks as he has GG's snack from Week 1 waiting to devour.

Last edited:
HOT STREAK UPDATE

paultheokay took his streak to 5 to be the Hot Streak leader during the early week 1 games, but that ended with the Texans loss littering the Hot Streak board with red.
The Titans-Raiders, Redskins-Eagles and Colts-Rams games provided a mixture of results. arakaan and Walesy avoided the clutter and picked wisely to take their active streaks to a competition leading 5.
The last 5 games saw some clear air for swannies , PHX and Jatz as they rattled off 5 straight winners to be among the sextet leading this competition and the quintet riding active streaks.

Yay, fluked a temporary lead in week 1!

Having had a closer look at the leaderboard on the site, do you not have to tip every game in hotstreak?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having had a closer look at the leaderboard on the site, do you not have to tip every game in hotstreak?
No you don't. Or is that yes you don't?

Being able to selective tip is where the strategy comes into it.

What in THE HELL is up with only being able to pick against the Browns three times in 3ko???!!!

That franchise is a complete disaster and if I want to pick their opponent for 12 of the 16 available slots...that is an automatic 12 right for me!!!

I am against this new rule change....bad bad bad!!

full

Gridiron Warrior has come out BIG for a awkward TNF match up with a tactically risky 16CR AND 3XKO pick on the Bengals who have struggled to knock over their nemesis.:eek::eek: (Texans are 7-1 since 2008). Three of the five Hot Streak leaderboard front runners have a 2-1 push for Cinci. It's a 19-1 count on 6-9CR with Cinci.

Last edited:
What in THE HELL is up with only being able to pick against the Browns three times in 3ko???!!!

That franchise is a complete disaster and if I want to pick their opponent for 12 of the 16 available slots...that is an automatic 12 right for me!!!

I am against this new rule change....bad bad bad!!

But more 'EARN the 3XKO title' with credence instead of many feasting like vultures on the basket cases this year.

But more 'EARN the 3XKO title' with credence instead of many feasting like vultures on the basket cases this year.

Oh I know, I just wanted to rant :)

By the way, it's 9:58pm eastern us time and Pittspuke still sucks :)

part of the reason I changed last second to Bengals and put them up to 16. Houston let me down last week, might do the same thing this week.
Time to get on the front foot and take a risk :)

part of the reason I changed last second to Bengals and put them up to 16. Houston let me down last week, might do the same thing this week.
Time to get on the front foot and take a risk :)

It's a BRAVE call considering the Texans have been the Bengals nemesis. Also noted that Island Bomber seemingly, isn't happy with slow start (#45) opening week CR ranking. Has pledged a gutsy 10CR on the Bengals against a rookie who perhaps IB feared may have pulled off the same stunt. Sven also taking the Bengals higher than expected. I'm actually surprised the consensus has too much love for Cinci.

Last edited:
Island Bomber has pledged a gutsy 10CR on the Bengals
Some of us put 10CR on the correct team ;)
The Bengals have scored half of what the Browns have in 2 games, when the Browns have played 1.
Whitworth and Zietler, what were they thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back