AE AE17 Launch & Discussion thread

Sorry, but I believe I'm the highest CR in my division.
Will fix up... the spreadsheet is full of VLOOKUP formulas, there must be a mistake somewhere in the linking.

Update: just checked, seems Woodson went through and put spaces in some of the names (as per BF alias), but the formulas don't like spaces. Will try and fix up tonight.

Anyone else having problems putting in their tips? Tried to select my 3XKO and only accepted 1 of the 3. I didn't tip the other two teams last week. When i went back to double check, I saved first, then selected Week 2. Got a message that said if i leave page may not be saved.

When I went back to week 3 tips were only partially saved and re-ordered and some of the numbers (1-16) were in the browny yellow colour.

JeffDunne when you have a minute...cheers

This week :eek:

Woodson - what's the record for LOWEST score in a week? And lowest score in a 16 game max week?

Wouldn't at all be surprised if this week pushed some of those records....

I went 10 away and 6 home

And I felt 2 of those home teams were forced because I know the stat GG.exe sprouts of 10home 6 away is the norm and I didn't want to tempt fate going 12 away and 4 home (it was the jaguars and colts I flipped to try and get some sort of balance.)

full

TNFWk3_zpslxhx9l0j.jpg

Island Bomber leading the charge with a 3XKO and 16 BIG ONES. Also 21 HOT STREAK nominations with 18 loaded up on the Rams.

Also GG taking the challenge right up to one of the CR Ringleaders. Ol' fashioned shoot-out it seems.. the Raiders make the visit to the National capital where the Raiders have scalped the 'Skins on their last three visits even though the Skins have won the last two encounters. H2h, Swannies leads 1-0 (2013).

Last edited:
TNF%20Wk3%20Summary_zpsmkco4r5n.jpg

An extraordinary wild finish nobody in their wildest dreams could anticipate before the game started but within four seconds into the game.. the ball was at the snap on the Rams doorstep after a first play interception by Hoyer. Both teams running games opened up the passing game and before you could fall asleep at another trashy TNF snorefest.. this game provided a pulse and MORE.. it wasn't until five minutes into the last Q, when the Rams scored on a Sammy Watkins stretched goal-line TD, the result seemed a formality but the Niners were not done yet. They scored almost immediately in less than 90 seconds on a four play 64 yard drive then the first twist in the tail occurred as a muffled KO return slipped thru and the Niners gained possession and Niners RB Carlos Hyde punched the ball into the end zone (on 4th down) to make it a two point game. The two point conversion however was the Niners stumbling block as DT Michael Brockers makes the crucial interception play to deny the Niners those points. With just over two minutes remaining, could lightning strike again for the pesky Niners? You betcha... a Robbie Gould onside kick is recovered by ST journeyman, Raheem Mostert, which gave the Niners a sneaky chance to steal victory from the jaws of defeat.. a FG would be enough here (just a mere 20 yards) as the AE consensus gallery were on their feet and the posterior of Island Bomber feeling the pressure pulsate. A controversial/ soft OPI on Niners WR3 Taylor which denied the Niners of a first down but a dropped catch also didn't help the Niners advancing the ball in Rams territory in the critical stages. In the end, the Rams D stood up finally... Aaron Donald closed the game with a 8 yard sack to give all in sundry a breathtaking finish for a change.

Last edited:
Oh boy, RIP week 3.

Make it a survival story to remember. Billiever has the record to pull out a 23pt dumpster truck TNF result into a MNF chandelier swinging win. You've just gotta nail at least 12 winners in which no double digit can be dropped points. It's possible but you'll need a stack of luck.

Last edited:
I exist to give hope to others

You exist because you LOVe the idea of making 2017 your own.. scalps are a far and few between thing for you.. but this week you've started on the right foot.. swannies is clearly the big show strutter atm.. but I think if you can reel in 'winners'.. (you're currently on 17 / Eq third worst) you could be doing some strutting of your own if you take down the likes of Swannies. Good Luck.

mc.gif

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
You exist because you LOVe the idea of making 2017 your own.. scalps are a far and few between thing for you.. but this week you've started on the right foot.. Swannies is clearly the big show strutter atm.. but I think if you can reel in 'winners'.. (you're currently on 17 / Eq third worst) you could be doing some strutting of your own if you take down the likes of Swannies. Good Luck.

mc.gif
I'm addicted to chandeliers, must fight the urge

full

The AE17 Big Dawgs (read: Leaderboard Consensus) have a 6-0 sweep (avg: 9.66) on the Ravens who are without key linemen on both sides.

Flipped late from Jacksonville to balimore
Admittedly.
I initially had Baltimore until I realised I had twelve away teams.
Went Jacksonville (and colts) to give a slightly better balance home/away balance
Then found out this was in London about 5 minutes before kickoff.
Flipped late.
Stupid.
Should have only flipped once, not the double flip.

Back