AE AE17 Launch & Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The key for Cleveland to have any chance this weekend is to not turn the ball over as this team has been plagued by turnovers. DeShone Kizer, has thrown 4 touchdowns to go along with 12 interceptions and three fumbles lost...cmon man...that is just bad football. Not only does Cleveland need to protect the ball, they are going to have to make the Jaguars pass the ball. The Browns need to stack the box, stop Fournette running wild, and make Blake Bortles beat them with his arm.

Jags are also the No.1 rushing team in the league and have the No.1 ranked defense.

You don't need to convince me the Browns are horrible

I just think random variance dictates they must win a game

(Take that analytical backers!!) :)

Reasons why Browns could win?....

No Fournette
Browns Run D is actually good
Kizer has played better each game (slowly reducing amount of turnovers, and slowly increasing amount of good drives)
Bortles always has it in him
Jaguars complacency

Feel free to add

Fournette is a game time decision and Yeldon went for 122 and a TD in Week 7 when Fournette missed and in Week 9 Ivory got more carries as Yeldon was banged up then.

Browns can stack the box and will need to but Bortles will still beat em through the air IMO.

Kizer is rubbish /discussion.

Bortles is capable of a shocker but the Jags D will put this game out of reach themselves.

Besides maybe the Pats every team can be complacent at stages and the Jags are well coached so i doubt this comes into it.

If the Browns are smart they are drafting the kid on ESPN now in Josh Rosen from UCLA and he is going to be a beauty.
Did you see the pick he threw? ******* horrible and every bit as bad as Mariota's on Friday. Also kissed on the dick by one that bounced off two defenders.

If the Browns are smart they are drafting the kid on ESPN now in Josh Rosen from UCLA and he is going to be a beauty.

I don't like him

Watching Darnold and Rosen......neither one of those guys looks like a first round pick to me. They should both stay in school another year.
-----
Watching the game and we are all agreeing to that and you typed it!
-----
They'll probably both go pro early, get thrown into games before they are ready, and then have disappointing careers. That extra year in school would really help.
-----
I think both talking heads said the same, but darnold looks like the real deal

Far be it for me to point out that neither of them understands thing one about scouting college kids ;)

Watching Darnold and Rosen......neither one of those guys looks like a first round pick to me. They should both stay in school another year.
-----
Watching the game and we are all agreeing to that and you typed it!
-----
They'll probably both go pro early, get thrown into games before they are ready, and then have disappointing careers. That extra year in school would really help.
-----
I think both talking heads said the same, but darnold looks like the real deal

When have USC ever produced "The real deal" at QB???

Do not say Carson Palmer either!

When have USC ever produced "The real deal" at QB???

Do not say Carson Palmer either!

Both you boys have hit on exactly why the Browns plan was completely flawed. You can't assume good qb's will be available the next year or the one after that.

It is imperative you scout well immediately and when a guy has a rocket arm, tall, stout build--you pick him

Yes Wentz looking at you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bill Parcells' 7 rules for drafting a QB:

1. Be a three-year starter
2. Be a senior in college
3. Graduate from college
4. Start 30 games
5. Win 23 games
6. Post a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio
7. Complete at least 60-percent of passes thrown

That is such a 90's way to look at it and college has changed immensely since the dinosaur Parcells was scouting.

That said great throw

Just think he would get broken in half in AFC North

I wouldn't draft him to start in his rookie year unless absolutely needed and he would be a perfect fit for the Giants team to sit under Eli next season, as i reckon he is going to be real good and Eli is going downhill fast.

But no arguing in our division you need a tall, strong, tough, rocket armed prospect.

Defenses are tougher than anything a college kid sees

Weather is a huge factor from November on

Accuracy is essential

Ability to make quick decisions is vital

And I like a kid that wins games

There is no substitute for WINNING ;)

TNF11Wrap_zpsmmds2l1b.jpg

TNF week 11 wrap:
After last weeks scare against the Colts, the Steelers responded accordingly with one of their better all round team performances with team / player performances (mainly in the second half).

The Steelers got on the scoreboard early on their first drive with Big Ben firing a downfield end zone strike to Antonio Brown who continues to perform at an 'elite' level and were never headed even though the Titans had their moments to keep the game within reach but the Steelers kicker Chris Boswell knocked in three field goals in the first half to give the Steelers a 16-7 HT lead.

The Titans opened up the second half with a big TD pass play to open up the second half which was as close as they got, to trail 16-14 as the Steelers then got to work and unlike much of the first half, Big Ben started to get his passing rhythm together and connect on 20 of his next 23 passes for 185 yards and three more TD's as Antonio Brown had another night out with 144 yards and his second career 3 TD game.
The Steelers running game wasn't required as the no-huddle offence torched the Titans. Three consecutive TD drives broke this contest wide open to have the Steelers 37-17 ahead before Chris Boswell knocked in his 4th FG of the game to bring up the Steelers highest score of the season and first time they surpassed 30 in a promising 8-2 campaign which is the best start under Coach Tomlin's tenure. The Steeler D purged with plays which included FOUR Interceptions, FOUR sacks (first time this onslaught occurred in tandem since 1984) plus a blocked FG in the second Q.

somehow im only down 6, with 27 to play.

And somehow i tipped Miami? i was cheering for the Bucs when i would see the score thinking i tipped them.

KC killed just about everyone in HS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back