AE AE17 Launch & Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

MNFwk12Wrap_zpsxdbsnxs1.jpg

MNF Week12 wrap: Aside the promising Texans first drive start that was assisted with a DPI call deep in Ravens territory that allowed the Texans to score from the 4 by RB Lamar Miller, there wasn't much to celebrate for the few who required the Texans to save them even though WR De'Andrey Hopkins (7 catches / 125 yards) did his job ok but the Ravens had too many playmakers on the night to keep the Texans at arms length for much of the game as Justin Tucker banged in three from three FG's including a 53yarder. Midway thru the third Q, the Texans got another DPI call deep in Ravens territory when the score was 20-13, but a holding call on TE Fiederowicz set the Texans back to force a FG that wasn't enough to put the scoreboard pressure on.
In the last five minutes, two costly turnovers by the Texans basically ruined their hopes as Terrell Suggs wrapped up and forced a strip sack fumble on QB2 Tom Savage who then threw into triple coverage at midfield only to hit the veteran safety, Anthony Levine Snr, between the numbers. Joe Flacco got on his bike on the Ravens next drive to scamper for a first down to swallow down the contest and give the 74% who tipped the Ravens plenty reason to enjoy.

Those who felt the bitterness and disgust in the Texans loss includes: 11sjw, BabyGotDak, BeLikeMike, Broken, Chism, Demonic Ascent, Hide & Zeke, Marklar33, Rashmanadon, SimonOz and Statsman74. Bad Luck fella's and lady.

I won't say it. ;)

In my defense, I was suggesting a rule change for future seasons, not any change to the result or rules for this year - I was perfectly happy to wear that.

But if we're talking karma, perhaps you're right, it got me good. I wont even ask what you did to end up a Browns fan. :p

In my defense, I was suggesting a rule change for future seasons, not any change to the result or rules for this year - I was perfectly happy to wear that.

But if we're talking karma, perhaps you're right, it got me good. I wont even ask what you did to end up a Browns fan. :p

Pretty clearly I did some pretty evil s**t in my past lives. :)

Have you seen next week??

Go for it!!

I think you should all go for it! Only 2 behind now, may as well tick them off this week....

TENTH DZE PLUNGE

anigif_sub-buzz-20533-1497019168-2.gif

Week12
94 Baby Got Dak
103 Broken
104 Statsman74
108 Hide & Zeke
109 Danielz_23
110 Tcol (11 winners)
--------------------------------
110 Sodapop (12 winners)

DZE%20Wk12_bigscalps_zpsgpkgmnif.jpg

TENTH DZE PLUNGE

Week12
94 Baby Got Dak
103 Broken
104 Statsman74
108 Hide & Zeke
109 Danielz_23
110 Tcol (11 winners)
--------------------------------
110 Sodapop (12 winners)

DZE%20Wk12_bigscalps_zpsgpkgmnif.jpg

110 points and still sucked into the drop zone. Damn that's savage.

LamarHuntConfDivChamps_zpslb9hqi3l.jpg

Congrats to the Lamar Hunt Conference Division Champs and two wildcards who have earned the right to qualify for this years Next Duel Play-Off Championship Series.
ChafingTheDream and pedge7 claim their first Division titles whilst the CR reigning champ, peterbuch74 knocks up Division title #3, also having been a finalist of SBII / 2009.

bgt2110, makes it back to back Division titles after sweeping his Divisional opponents, to be one of three to do so. Pedge7 & BornAgainIdiot, the others.

Billiever snatched his second division title whilst Fuey notches up Division title #4, going back to back this season but has yet to win a Play-off contest.
The two time Next Duel Champ, Superfreak, is seeking ND bling number #3 after his '12 & '14 triumphs. In 2014, he needed to go thru the WC Qualifiers to attain his wildcard. Superfreak also claimed the Double Crown in 2014, having shared the CR spoils with Island Bomber . In 2012, Superfreak was seeded #6 from 10th on the CR standings, that's exactly the same CR position he find himself this season. Definitely the danger. The 2017 3XKO Champ, PHX, also a wildcard. There are a total of 9 AE titles won by the Lamar Hunt Conference Play-Off representatives.

Pedge7 will earn the #1 seed with the best record, 10-2 of the LH Conference meaning it's a deadly first up assignment vs superfreak who is his John Randle Division foe. Pedge7 won their Week 5 meeting 65-55. The curse of #1 seed is real. Nobody has won the ND championship yet even though Moo (2010) was pipped in OT against Dirty Bird. Can Pats fan, Pedge7, defy the odds and be the first top seed to go all the way?

No WCQ round this year which was reserved for Week 13. The Next Duel Play-offs will commence in week 14. So rest easy this week.

EnjoyWeek13_zps1yjg94as.jpg

Last edited:
WellingtonMaraConfDivisionChamps_zpsnghejldh.jpg

Congrats to the Wellington Mara Conference Division Champs and two wildcards who have earned the right to qualify for this years Next Duel Play-Off Championship Series. No WCQ round which was reserved for Week 13.

It's a heavy loaded cast representing Wellington Mara with four of the six champs ensconced on the CR Leaderboard and Broken as a wildcard makes it five. First time Division winner, aussiedude (#2 CR) is in sizzling form but could the snag be that all that momentum could be stopped with a Week 13 bye and his first AE Play-off experience? Time will tell. Also the 2015 3XKO Champ, Starlin Castro has claimed his first Division title but it's not his first play-off appearance, having squeezed out an upset first round win in OT from 2015 against #4 seed, Oscarman.

BornAgainIdiot has back up from last season's Dan Reeves Division title to make it back to back Division titles. The Steve Young Division had some hefty opponents to contend with who had a total of Five AE titles between them. Also Sven and Chism having ten Division titles between them was another immense hurdle to overcome. Last season, BornAgainIdiot took down Texan fan, bgt2110, in the first round but tripped up against Jets fan, simonoz, in the Divisional round (but BAI knocked him over in Week 2).

prawnographer has snatched back the Walter Jones #1 mantle in the final week defeating upstart rookie Jatz after leading for much of the first half of the season to claim his second Division title since 2013. Prawnographer will avoid his ND play-off nemesis, TCol, in the first round, who knocked him out at the Divisional play-offs in 2013. Also, last season bloods33 eliminated Prawnographer in the WCQer.

Speaking of Bloods33, the #1 CR will be the top seed of the Division with the ND regular season best 11-1 record, surpassing Sven's 2013 (10-1) campaign and edging out Galactic's superb 10-1-1 campaign of 2011. Having already taken down Broken in week 2, Bloods33, (115-113), this could be the toughest first up assignment as Bloods33 is still searching for his first play-off victory (0-3) despite having claimed the Ray Lewis title (2014).

Finally, ND Beast Mode, TCol. The aberration of last season's shame to be relegated to last in the Junior Seau Division where 2nd to 5th had all the same 5-7 record, only TCol not getting enough Division victories to finish last, has inspired him to rebound hard to clinch his fourth division title, first since the Terry Bradshaw Division title of 2012!! In his eighth ND Play-off series in nine campaigns, his Play-off record stands at 12-6 which includes his 2011 SB IV triumph over Galactic.

The Next Duel Play-offs will commence in week 14. So rest easy this week all.

2017NDPlay-Offs_zps1iavozku.jpg

Seedings will be revealed Tuesday 5th December along with First Round schedule.

Congrats to the Lamar Hunt Conference Division Champs and two wildcards who have earned the right to qualify for this years Next Duel Play-Off Championship Series.
bgt2110, ChafingTheDream and pedge7 claim their first Division titles

Second division title for me, won the Marshall Faulk division last year :)

TNF13_zpszgla5tfk.jpg

Upset brewing as the Cowboys take a 17-7 lead in at HT. Also 17 LIVE Hot Streaks set to be snapped if the 'Skins can't get their game together.

TNF13_zpszgla5tfk.jpg

Upset brewing as the Cowboys take a 17-7 lead in at HT. Also 17 LIVE Hot Streaks set to be snapped if the 'Skins can't get their game together.

Can’t believe that so many people took the road team on TNF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AE17%203XKO%20Champ_zpstguweomb.jpg

PHX Please send me an email at ae17clubhouse@gmail.com

3XKO%20Aftermath_zpszmbfhdkr.jpg

Seahawks FO have themselves to blame.. what idiots.. never seen a team bring in such a HACK kicker esp when he is ridiculed out of the the same stadium he screwed the Vikings in.. *smh*

BlairWalshBlues_zpsejqlrh1i.jpg

RavenLunatics_zpsne37igtk.jpg

Been away for a month in the USA so this is a nice trophy to come home to!

Can’t believe that so many people took the road team on TNF.

For the record, its a 8-7 split for ROAD teams this year. Dallas were in a world of hurt with abysmal second half fade outs whilst the 'Skins were taking it right up to the NFC SB contenders like N'Awlins and knocked over the Rams earlier on in the season. It was a 50/50 toss up at best as 77% had this contest at low CR.

In other news, I've granted the AE ten year veteran, NakedDeadGuy, a late replacement for Smiths who has sunk to the bottom of the CR standings barrel. Usually, I don't worry about replacing anyone after the ND regular season is one n' dusted but during the registration period, NakedDeadGuy, put up his hand to join but didn't come thru with the coin in time as we got the 74th registered and then NDG by-passed the invitation to join mid-season as a replacement for Kelzi.

BornAgainIdiot has back up from last season's Dan Reeves Division title to make it back to back Division titles. The Steve Young Division had some hefty opponents to contend with who had a total of Five AE titles between them. Also Sven and Chism having ten Division titles between them was another immense hurdle to overcome. Last season, BornAgainIdiot took down Texan fan, bgt2110, in the first round but tripped up against Jets fan, simonoz, in the Divisional round (but BAI knocked him over in Week 2).

Why do I have a warm and fuzzy feeling reading that? ;)

ELEVENTH DZE PLUNGE

Week 13 after TNF

0-Sodapop (16)
0-11sjw (6)
0-Walesy (6)
0-simonoz (5)
0-Papa Juggs (4)
0-PeterBuch74 (3)
0-Showbag (3)
0-Demonic Ascent (2)
0-Superfreak (2)
0-Woodson (2)
0-Aussiedude (1)
0-Born Again Idiot (1)
0-Chafing the Dream (1)
0-pedge7 (1)
1-Bloods_33
3-Nobbyiscool
4-Balmainforever
5-crowman_23

ELEVENTH DZE PLUNGE

Week 13 before SNF (magic number 114)

76(29)-Sodapop
77(27)-Walesy
79(28)-Papa Juggs
80(26)-Demonic Ascent
83(31)-11sjw
88(21)-pedge7
91(22)-Nobbyiscool
91(31)-Aussiedude
95(19)-PeterBuch74
95(19)-Showbag
98(16)-simonoz
99(17)-Superfreak
100(21)-Born Again Idiot
101(16)-Balmainforever
102(14)-Bloods_33
102(20)-Woodson
107(17)-crowman_23
108(17)-Chafing the Dream

Last edited:
ELEVENTH DZE PLUNGE

Week 13 before SNF (magic number 114)

76(29)-Sodapop
77(27)-Walesy
79(28)-Papa Juggs
80(26)-Demonic Ascent
83(31)-11sjw
86(21)-pedge7 *-tbc
91(22)-Nobbyiscool
91(31)-Aussiedude
95(19)-PeterBuch74
95(19)-Showbag
98(16)-simonoz
99(17)-Superfreak
100(21)-Born Again Idiot
101(16)-Balmainforever
102(14)-Bloods_33
102(20)-Woodson
107(17)-crowman_23
108(17)-Chafing the Dream

s**t :(

Thanks for the confidence boost! Couldn't have done it without you! :)

You'll want to start adding more than 2 per week, I'm rolling back up that leaderboard and coming for ya!

You'll want to start adding more than 2 per week, I'm rolling back up that leaderboard and coming for ya!
why do I get the feeling that you're going to run 2nd and 3rd:drunk::)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back