AE AE17 Pre-Launch / Discussion-Vote Thread

CONFIDENCE RATING Stand-alone & CR Values increase during Bye Weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Records are likely to be broken, sure. Historical comparisons might be out of whack, true. Woodson rarely goes into historical CR numbers until the end of year. If people are concerned, create a split. Records with the old scoring system, records with the new scoring system. It keeps the history, prevents any scores from having an asterisk next to it and is the same amount of work as adding this year's scores to the current books at the end of the year.

Yup, there are always a katrillion stories every week about how ND competitor A getting screwdrived into his 16th vertibrate because a certain NFL player dropped the catch or fumbled the ball... the heavier the CR, the more punishing the BODY BLOW (CR swing games can prove fatal) during the early games... that's gotta HURT!!

I choose to bring the makita drill set come the ND play-offs, climax stage.

We're only 80 hours away from the CR Max poll closing... doesn't seem like there will be a change this year... just pitching the idea raised by the esteemed JD is all I can do. He knows that we need the majority... I ask for a 60% minimum. 44 is the target number.

As long as I get fuey or aussiedude in week 2 I'm happy (I'd prefer aussiedude, as losing to fuey would hurt)
And a shot at chrism in week 10 would be lovely.

I'd also like to play jeffdunne in my return.
But he'd have to make nd playoffs first ;)

Ps. If you can entice him out of retirement I'd love whyalwaysme in week 7, if not him, anyone but papermate. If I'm going to banter, at least give me an intellectual arguement. Papermate does not provide that.

Some serious knots in knickers around the NFL section lately.

Must be the pressure of training camp. Or
BPG's raving making everyone uneasy.

Oh rite, so it is all my fault.

Oh.
Kay.
Then.

KovRb7o.gif

Damn, was looking forward to setting a new highest CR mark this season... ah well, will just have to go and do it in the existing format and go for my third CRown! :D

Gridiron Warrior has informed me about his network of 100+ wanting to participate meaning it's a going to either be SPLIT Leagues or a ALL-IN- CR cash grab.

Might be worth mentioning Woodson that Gridiron Warrior isn't looking at bringing a further 100+ people into our AE comp, but more a separate comp for Gridiron Victoria past and present players.

Yes sorry I'll still be part of AE but having a seperate Comp for my gridiron community and helping donate funds to Gridiron clubs around Australia.
Not looking to sabotage AE!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damn, was looking forward to setting a new highest CR mark this season... ah well, will just have to go and do it in the existing format and go for my third CRown! :D

Beware the CR CHAMPIONSHIP HANGOVER CURSE:;)

Recap:
2015 Champ: Nobbyiscool finished 38th in 2016
2014 Co-Champs: Island Bomber (eq44th) and Superfreak failed to squeeze into the Top Ten (11th) finish in 2015
2013 Champ: Crowman23 tripped on the podium last step.. finished fifth in 2014... 13pts short.
2012 Champ: Ac83 finished Eq29th in 2013
2011 Champ: PeterBuch74 missed the Top 10... finished 12th
2010 Champ: Moo finished 22nd in 2011
2009 Champ: Clash Hendrix finished 39th in 2010
2008 Champ: Sven pushed it close ...13pts short to finish 5th.
Inaugural 2007 champ: Sodapop finished 21st in 2008.

No Woodson a hangover is what you call my 10 year effort in AE. One long stupor.

You & me (because I'm no genius) need to STICK to a formula... spoke to Sodapop about his strategy which enabled him to achieve what he did was more about going with the favs but letting the gut feel take that outside step once in a while. In the 3XKO, he said he was always wary of the obvious favourites. So he went with teams who were a solid chance without being overwhelming. It's a simple philosophy from one of the AE proven champs.

When is the big AE17 launch happening ? Always a highlight.

The C's at Photobucket have put a gun to my head regards to third party hosting meaning NO more free pics.

I've paid the photo bucket subs so just awaiting or them to flick their switch... yes, I used fighting words in a email to these scroungers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back