AE AE18 Launch & Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

HOT STREAK UPDATE

9JqNPCa.jpg

Last weeks leaderboard would have been feeling quite confident following TNF, the Patriots moved some of them closer to the magical streak of 10 - in fact the Patriots helped boost all but 14 streaks.
Next game up was the Titans-Bills game and there always seems to be something screwy when these two franchises meet. The Bills upset over the Titans snuffed out 21 active streaks, including GG.exe whose streak ended at 9.
The savvier tipsters, who avoided the Titans-Bills game benefited greatly and this weeks leader board is full of streakers who didn't nibble at that game. Chism went from 6 to the largest active streak of
9 via wins to the Pats, Graham Gano and the Chargers. Joining him is Oscarman who also went from 6 to 9, but chose the Rams squeaker instead of the Chargers.
simonoz added 4 (Pats, Panthers, Chargers, Rams) to also join the head of the chasing pack on 9 and A11dAtP0w3R went number 1 with a bullet rocketing from 2 to 9 - to be within one correct tip of joining the overall lead with pedge7.
Close behind that quartet sitting at the head of the pack is another quartet sitting on 8, including pedge7 who has a chance to make sure any challenge to his current lead is short lived.
Small fish that taste really good are the keys here when you are near the lead.

Going for that big fish and to many teams in the 1 week spells disaster and a snapped line when they are nearly in the boat leaving you feasting on the bait! ;)

Small fish that taste really good are the keys here when you are near the lead.

Going for that big fish and to many teams in the 1 week spells disaster and a snapped line when they are nearly in the boat leaving you feasting on the bait! ;)
The last couple of weeks have seen a lot more taking this approach. There's been far less red Xs these past two weeks than the previous three.

My "strategy" (implies that I've sat down and come up with something ground breaking, which i clearly haven't) is go gung-ho til I'm somewhere near 10 then back off.

This weeks games provide only a few certs, at least in my eyes. Def won't be going with 7 teams again this week.

Question. How long does this mulligan last for? If he’s still alive going into the second last week and hasn’t been in the bottom 5, is he going to have the mulligan then to automatically be in the final 6??

I've already stipulated to him in an email that the mulligan will be off the agenda come Week 13. If he survives the Week 14 thrust, I'll pitch him a HRSQ pass for week 17. Lots of ugly results until then so don't worry.. I'll be sure to have Bill Lawry on my speed dial :) when the moment comes.

ND6BowlenConfPP_zps0hgs18ix.jpg

NEXT DUEL SCHEDULE WEEK 6
PAT BOWLEN CONFERENCE
Divisional Dogfights (12)
Arakaan (3-2-0) vs Hide & Zeke (2-3-0)
BigRedMachine (1-3-1) vs Rashmanadon (0-5-0)

Burningleviathan (3-2-0) vs Bipolarbear (3-2-0)
Chism (3-2-0) vs Knackers (2-3-0)
Galactic (3-2-0) vs WADW (2-3-0)
Gridiron Warrior (2-3-0) vs Raskolnikov (2-3-0)
Island Bomber (4-1-0) vs RiggoDiesel44 (3-2-0)
Jatz (3-2-0) vs TCol (3-2-0)
PeterBuch74 (3-2-0) vs Bloods33 (2-3-0)

ShinyOnTop (4-1-0) vs McGarnacle (2-3-0)
Statsman74 (5-0-0) vs Jayzah (2-3-0)
TGBB (4-1-0) vs BeinPurplenGreen (0-5-0)

Conference Clouts (4)
BabyGotDak (2-3-0) vs The Red Goldmine (0-5-0)
Billiever (2-2-1) vs Osmodiar (2-3-0)
BornAgainIdiot (5-0-0) vs Fuey (2-3-0)
Marcuz (3-2-0) vs Swannies (3-2-0)

Wk6_MSchottenhiemerPopcornPearlers_zpsvlofn444.jpg

MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER CONFERENCE
Divisional Dogfights (9)
American Crow (2-3-0) vs DarkKnight (1-4-0)
Balmainforever (3-2-0) vs SimonOz (2-3-0)
Crowman23 (3-2-0) vs Marklar33 (3-2-0)
Danielz23 (3-2-0) vs Superfreak (2-3-0)

JeffDunne (4-1-0) vs Woodson (2-3-0)
JME (2-3-0) vs PowerRanger (0-5-0)

Matt897 (4-1-0) vs Showbag (2-3-0)
Moo (3-2-0) vs Tomatosauceling (1-4-0)
Pedge7 (5-0-0) vs Aussiedude (2-3-0)

Conference Clouts (7)
A11datp0w3r (3-2-0) vs Broken (1-4-0)
BeLikeMike (4-1-0) vs Kadog (2-3-0)
Camsmith (2-3-0) vs Demonic Ascent (2-3-0)
GG.exe (3-2-0) vs sblack (2-3-0)
Nobbyiscool (2-3-0) vs 11SJW (1-4-0)
Oscarman (4-1-0) vs Bgt2110 (2-3-0)

PHX (4-1-0) vs Starlin Castro (4-1-0)

TNFWk6_zps3dptlnmq.jpg

As we creep closer to the mid-way stage of the ND regular season, there is still real hope for 14 of the 16 division cellar dwellers.

It's all hands on deck with 21 Divisional Dogfights to sort out this weekend. The NFL schedule has rattled the dice a few times already with some weird and wonderful results that could well become another 'don't look now' kinda week.

The Popcorn Pearler specials of this weeks bunch are the
TY LAW Divisional Dogfights with a three way split at the top. crowman_23 (10th) goes h2h with Marklar_33 (eq37th) for a second time since the season opener of 2013 when Crowman23 proved too strong to come away with a comfortable 113-86 result (in his CR triumph season).

The Honey Badger (eq32nd) and simonoz (8th) face off for the very first time. They'll meet again in the regular season finale so this could well shape their campaign with the consistent Jets fan being an CR Top Ten finisher twice in three campaigns (3 x Top 20) whilst the Honey Badger is on a roll with four consecutive
ND winning seasons.

The
Sterling Sharpe Division unleashes it's first Powerplay with the winner to go outright first. And what a re-match it will be with the Wellington Mara Conference first round play-off opponents going around a second time as the 7th seed JATZ upstaged TCOL with a 67-64 result. TCol was on seven game winning streak going into the play-offs as the #2 seed. Jatz shined in the early season to start 7-1 but hit a tough run down the stretch to drop 3 of his last four, limping into the ND play-offs as a Wildcard.

TCol (31st) will be READY for revenge here. Can Jatz (eq26th) spike him another time to juice up their next meeting in Week 12?

3XKO Champs, PHX ('17) & Starlin Castro ('15) go h2h for the first time as leaders of their respective divisions a game clear.

Last time seasoned veterans, Danielz23 and superfreak met in an ND match up was back in Week 6 of 2009. It was a Danielz23 victory 72-56, his first after starting 0-5, however they have gone seperate ways since with Superfreak reeling in 3 SB titles whilst Danielz23 hopes to snap his 9 year ND play-off drought. In the (now-defunct) Last Chance Saloon in 2011, Superfreak squeezed out a first round 85-82 win over Danielz23. With the Randy Moss Division being as tight as it is, this first meeting has plenty riding on the tie-breakers come season end and with them due to meet in Week 11, this has buttered popcorn scrambled all over it.

The defending CR Champ, Bloods33, and two time CR Champ, peterbuch74, will meet for the first time in an ND match up as Drew Brees divisional foes.
Last season, they competed against each other as Ripcord Super Six finalists with Bloods getting the better score 116-113 but it was Superfreak who snaffled the DZE Ripcord Glory with the winning score (125).

The LaDainian Tomlinson Division has an very intriguing match up between the leading Island Bomber (4-1) and RiggoDiesel44 (3-2). Only one measly point separates them on the bottom end of the Top 20 and just the one game between them in the division. This will be their first meeting with the return fixture in the final week (week 13). As shiny_on_top (4-1) has taken down RD44 in week 2, RD44 won't be topping the division this week.

The Marv Harrison Division also a closely knitted Division with one game separating 1st to last. Galactic (3-2) heads the division on a tie-breaker from Arakaan (3-2) as the slipping wce_all_da_way (2-3) needs to desperately stop the three game losing streak.Galactic has a 2-0 lead h2h dating back to 2010-09.

The Michael Strahan Division features the B-brothers club with 3XKO survivor, Bipolarbear (eq45th) and the inaugural LCS Sunset Bowl champ of 2011, Burningleviathan , locking horns for the second time this season. Both are 3-2 and a loss for Bipolarbear can harm his tie-breaker options after dropping the second week meeting (93-66).

Last edited:
TNFwk6twitter_zps1zpkjpcx.jpg

Worth noting: TCol coming out moderately confident on the Eagles (7CR) whilst Jatz is happy to sit back and let OBJ pull the trigger on this contest. A shootout is brewing between Ty Law Divisional foes, Marklar33 and Crowman23.

TNF6Bufferzone_zpswdyynkui.jpg

For the record: Eagles become the first ROAD team to win on TNF this season.
The AE consensus has nailed FIVE of the Six winners so far the season.
The strike rate for BufferZone (double digit) leaders is just a touch under 70% (25.5 from 37)
Last week we had a season low of 50% clinching victories.
American Crow has featured the most (4) for his 2-3 record.

Had Miami locked and loaded at 2CR all week long... saw Osweiller was starting at 3am this morning. Switched to Chicago... and gave them 7CR.. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had Miami locked and loaded at 2CR all week long... saw Osweiller was starting at 3am this morning. Switched to Chicago... and gave them 7CR.. :rolleyes:
I had Chicago locked in all week at 7CR, saw Osweiler was starting and flipped to Miami at 3CR

How different grains work.

ND6_EARLY_PBowlen__zpswlnolh7q.jpg

BornAgainIdiot overlooked the EARLY games.. so this is his pecking order picks:||
*Selected picks. To be eligible for ND victory, need to pick FOUR HOME teams. Already has 3.
Either prime time game home team will qualify him. fuey is his opponent :

15: ??
14: ??
13: Dal*
12: Ten*
11: LaR*
10: Sea
9: Buf
8: Arz

7: Pit
6: TB
5: LaC
4: Chi
3: Car
2: Ind
1: Nyg*

Score: 22 (Max:87)

ND6_EARLY_MSchottenheimer_zpsmxmjmbyh.jpg

Was looking great in the early games when the Bungles took the lead and the Bears were driving in OT! How quickly things change. Well done Bloods_33

BornAgainIdiot overlooked the EARLY games.. so this is his pecking order picks:||
*Selected picks. To be eligible for ND victory, need to pick FOUR HOME teams. Already has 3.
Either prime time game home team will qualify him. fuey is his opponent :

i didn’t forget at all. Put tips in yesterday. Saved both on tips page and then saved again after entering hotstreak.

i didn’t forget at all. Put tips in yesterday. Saved both on tips page and then saved again after entering hotstreak.

I'll have to check this out with JeffDunne so fuey.. this game is 'TBD upon further review'

I can't win a damn game outside the division

I can't lose inside division

I am the Cleveland Indians

Can we just schedule me in for another go around my division please??

full

SNF week 6 update: With the Pats leading 24-9 at HT, their winning streak is at 88 games when leading by 14+ points at the half. Their last loss when leading by at least 2 TD at halftime was Week 13, 1987 to the Broncos and the NFL’s Most Valuable Player: John Elway. Hot Streak count is 4-3 NE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back