AEW All Out 2021 - NOW Arena Chicago - September 6th 10:00 am (local)

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Stuff like this always makes me cringe, whether it's said by fans or wrestlers.

Both companies are in the same business - making money. They just go about it in different ways.

Agree. It's all entertainment to me. It ain't the 20s-70s etc. where all promotions are desperately and literally trying to protect and portray it as real. It's entertainment and like all forms it can be good or it can be bad.

to me it was only the women's matches that were a let-down (I'm not counting the Paul Wight-QT match, because it was just filler). Everything else was great.
I thought Britt vs Statlander was great

MirosWife

All Australian
Jul 31, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
to me it was only the women's matches that were a let-down (I'm not counting the Paul Wight-QT match, because it was just filler). Everything else was great.

You didn’t like the Britt match? I thought it was really good. She’s improved out of sight. Kris was also really good I thought.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm

Brit v Stat a let down? I was definitely prepared for it to be but this completely overrachieved and I actually liked this more than the Rosa v Brit match and possibly any women's match (yea not necessarily a high bar) AEW have had except maybe Deeb v Riho. Stat kicked out of too much but was still very good and crowd were hot as hell for it by the end.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Most of them had been released with the exception of Cole and Bryan. Baffling
Not really
Hardy, Mox, Jericho, FTR, Cole, Christian, Danielson, Cody, White, Henry all had offers on the table to stay as they were wanted.

only Brodi, Spears, Soho & Miro were cut. Good Brothers were as well, but officially they aren’t AEW but impact.

Can’t remember about Dustin.

Not really
Hardy, Mox, Jericho, FTR, Cole, Christian, Danielson, Cody, White, Henry all had offers on the table to stay as they were wanted.

only Brodi, Spears, Soho & Miro were cut. Good Brothers were as well, but officially they aren’t AEW but impact.

Didn't Brodie want out and they froze his deal for a year and made him sit at home?

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I really enjoyed the Women’s title match. I think that’s one of the best women’s matches I’ve seen in quite a while.
The battle royal was pretty standard besides the Soho debut.

I skipped right over the Paul White match. I assume I didn’t miss anything.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
What a freaking show. Had a s**t of a day yesterday but was so amped after watching All Out I couldn't sleep.

Won't bother with a a full run down, but I enjoyed practically everything. Also can't help but what wonder what this show would have been like with Andrade vs Pac on it.

THAT ending. Far out.

MirosWife

All Australian
Jul 31, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Not really

I was thinking more of the recent names. Black was cut too.

In Jericho’s case… Vince told him to sign haha.

MirosWife

All Australian
Jul 31, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Two points Britt is there.
Also, apparently one of Coles big sticking points was he would stay if he could keep his Twitch channel going and keep producing content there. WWE said nope.

Such a short sighted bozo decision to not let them do their own side hustles

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Such a short sighted bozo decision to not let them do their own side hustles
It's a bit about control.
But also Breeze spoke about it on an interview recently with Chris Van Fleet.

Obviously, everyone threw their hands up in the air when they stopped everything. It's one of those things where it's a saying that lasts for a long time, 'The boys will always mess it up for the boys.' I was streaming on Twitch for two years and nobody noticed or paid attention because I was doing it properly," he said. "When you're under a certain banner, and this is media training, if I'm live and I represent myself horribly when you're with a company, the headline doesn't read Matt Clement. It now says 'WWE superstar' or 'AEW superstar.' Now, you have to be mature enough to realize you represent a bigger entity and you have to conduct yourself accordingly, which I did, so nobody noticed so for two years I was doing my thing. Then, people noticed and were like, 'Oh, we can do this or do that' and they jump on and don't do things according to how they should, whether it's using intellectual property or giving away things they shouldn't be giving away, they violate certain things and eventually the guy who is in charge of everything will say, 'You know what, everything is stopped, you've ruined it. I can't go case by case.' From a business standpoint, would you let everything go or would you blanket it?

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
The twitch was only a small element of it, I'm sure. The reality is Cole's best place was NXT, which wasn't an option anymore. The main roster would have been a complete lottery for him given his size, I'm sure he would have done something with Kevin that was great at some point but between that, who knows how that goes. So AEW offers working with his partner, a return to something he was a big part of (Elite) but left a year or so prior to the All In show, the formation of AEW, etc, the possibility of returning to PWG and other indie bookings if he wants....and then the Twitch thing too.

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
Screenshot_20210907-123814_Twitter.jpg

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Best PPV I’ve seen for a very very very long time.
Loved every moment. Danielson saying he is not like Punk and doesn’t want to pass on and teach the young blokes but kick their heads was great.
Two points Britt is there.
Also, apparently one of Coles big sticking points was he would stay if he could keep his Twitch channel going and keep producing content there. WWE said nope.

Watch the press conference after the show. His twitch is important but he was always coming over. Had great love for his time in WWE but wanted to go to AEW.

Back