AEW All Out 2021 - NOW Arena Chicago - September 6th 10:00 am (local)

Remove this Banner Ad

In the last 20 years, I can't think of a better PPV than that just was. Great wrestling, and insane shock value. Most people may have known Bryan Danielson was coming, but the double debut with Adam Cole was perfection. A moment I will remember for a long time.

Punk with minimal ring rust, get some condition into him and he will be firing on all cylinders once again.

Christian proving he can still hang with the likes of Omega.

A good time to be a fan of AEW, with a good mix of homegrown indie talent and people from the E.

Massive Call

Im agreeing with Punk on this one.
Whilst Hogan Hall and Nash was huge at the time and created the Monday Night Wars most of the talent that jumped ship after it were going for the easy money working less. Most of them gave zero *s.

Punk , Bryan and Cole in particular have gone there to wrestle and it will probably open up a whole group of guys whether it’s Balor Owens Cesaro Dolph AJ etc who knows but those kind of guys strike as wanting to put on great matches and have some freedom in what they do inside the ring and outside (gaming, comedy etc)

It will bring people across that want to wrestle in front of fans and for the business not to pick up a cheque for doing stuff all like the WCW guys.

Speaking of cringe

its probably the biggest defection since then.

In ring Talent wise Punk, Danielson and Cole are by far superior. Charisma/personality you have to give to Hogan, Hall and Vinnie Vegas/Diesel/Nash/Roman Reigns‘s greasy long hairEd brother just. Name recognition and main stream recognition Prima Donna Hogan gets them over easily.

So I’m going to have to disagree with punk on this one.

I'm blowing this up and putting it on my wall. This man is my new god.
EvM35_TXcAA3_yn.jpg

First wrestling show I've watched in about 3 years. Used to be a massive fan then the pandemic hit and I gave up. Can't believe how many ex-WWE guys they're rolling with now. Hopefully the AEW talent don't get lost in the shuffle (like what happened in TNA), but I can't see them making that mistake. Was shocked when I heard CM Punk was making his in ring return.

- Opener was okay. Miro (Rusev) as a heel was a surprise. Always thought he was a natural face.
- Moxley vs Japanese dude was okay. Did its job I guess. Moxley does nothing for me. Post match was fun but that dude looks old AF.
- Jericho vs MJF was solid. MJF carried a little, big call to have him lose. Really like what he offers. Good heel and can wrestle too. Jericho is just about done you'd think.
- Tag match was insane. ******* love the Lucha Bros. My favourite team in wrestling.
- Skipped the womens matches as I don't have the stamina to watch a 4 hour wrestling show.
- Punks return was cool. Darby Allin is pretty awesome. I'm kind of surprised they eased Punk back with a match like this. You'd think they'd have thrown him in the Main Event against Omega.
- Omega vs Cage was actually really good. Omega is probably the smoothest wrestler I've ever seen. Deserves best in the world title.
- Post match was fun. What has WWE done to lose all this talent? Adam Cole was their next big thing a few years ago. Are guys jumping ship because AEW is cooler? Do they pay better? Will be interesting as they've nabbed Bryan, Cole and Punk. WWE will need to step up its game. I tried to watch SummerSlam and turned it off after 30 minutes. It was painful viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how Karl Anderson avoided bumping for Bryan and poor Nick Jackson had to do it.

Haha, was thinking the same thing. Nick Jackson just had a gruelling steel cage match with blood and high spots and is the chosen one to get beat up by Daniel Bryan when there's 3 other blokes more fresh than him.

First wrestling show I've watched in about 3 years. Used to be a massive fan then the pandemic hit and I gave up. Can't believe how many ex-WWE guys they're rolling with now. Hopefully the AEW talent don't get lost in the shuffle (like what happened in TNA), but I can't see them making that mistake. Was shocked when I heard CM Punk was making his in ring return.

- Opener was okay. Miro (Rusev) as a heel was a surprise. Always thought he was a natural face.
- Moxley vs Japanese dude was okay. Did its job I guess. Moxley does nothing for me. Post match was fun but that dude looks old AF.
- Jericho vs MJF was solid. MJF carried a little, big call to have him lose. Really like what he offers. Good heel and can wrestle too. Jericho is just about done you'd think.
- Tag match was insane. ******* love the Lucha Bros. My favourite team in wrestling.
- Skipped the womens matches as I don't have the stamina to watch a 4 hour wrestling show.
- Punks return was cool. Darby Allin is pretty awesome. I'm kind of surprised they eased Punk back with a match like this. You'd think they'd have thrown him in the Main Event against Omega.
- Omega vs Cage was actually really good. Omega is probably the smoothest wrestler I've ever seen. Deserves best in the world title.
- Post match was fun. What has WWE done to lose all this talent? Adam Cole was their next big thing a few years ago. Are guys jumping ship because AEW is cooler? Do they pay better? Will be interesting as they've nabbed Bryan, Cole and Punk. WWE will need to step up its game. I tried to watch SummerSlam and turned it off after 30 minutes. It was painful viewing.

Vince has stifled wrestlers creativity for far too long and Tony Khan is nurturing it.

Wrestlers want to be more than their finisher, a good rig and a couple of corny one liners. Any wrestler worth their salt has story line ideas, promo ideas, spots in matches.. Khan is listening to his talent.

The trick for Tony Khan is now managing that locker room, some big egos arriving and the OG's who might feel a little unloved at the moment with the influx of WWE talent who seem to be getting the rub.

Vince has stifled wrestlers creativity for far too long and Tony Khan is nurturing it.

Wrestlers want to be more than their finisher, a good rig and a couple of corny one liners. Any wrestler worth their salt has story line ideas, promo ideas, spots in matches.. Khan is listening to his talent.

The trick for Tony Khan is now managing that locker room, some big egos arriving and the OG's who might feel a little unloved at the moment with the influx of WWE talent who seem to be getting the rub.
Darby was in CM punks first match back and Jungle Boy was in the main event segment.

he knows what hes doing with the day one guys

Cole wanted to keep twitch and Bryan wanted to work a few dates like New Japan. Probably helped the decision to.

Cole immediately becoming an Elite lackey is a bit… meh. But I guess it helps stack the mid card. Gonna miss Da Party.

Also MJF losing the final (hopefully for *s sake) match of the feud is weird.

But exciting times nonetheless.

What an amazing show. Mixture of good storytelling and good wrestling. Usually spot-fests like the cage match aren’t for me, but as far as spot-fests go even that was pretty enjoyable.

Punk showed enough for his first match back. MJF is the best thing the company has moving forward. He can definitely be ‘the guy’.

The end of the night was perfectly done. They made both guys feel like massive deals, which they are, and left you feeling like you have to watch Dynamite this week.

What a show. Amazing. 5/5. This is why i love AEW.

Top talent is defecting over at a rapid rate. To me that's a sign of where the talent think the future is going to be.

That cage match was something else. The Bucks are honestly the best in the world and have been for years. They have now had 4 absolute classics in AEW now.
Lucha Bros well deserved. So good to have the whole crowd really behind the faces and wanting the win. Ditto Jericho match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back