AEW All Out 2021 - NOW Arena Chicago - September 6th 10:00 am (local)

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Best PPV I’ve seen for a very very very long time.
Loved every moment. Danielson saying he is not like Punk and doesn’t want to pass on and teach the young blokes but kick their heads was great.

Watch the press conference after the show. His twitch is important but he was always coming over. Had great love for his time in WWE but wanted to go to AEW.
Don't underestimate how much he loves his Twitch stuff, more-so the money he makes there. He genuinely loves doing it.
And to be fair, of course he is going to say all that in an AEW press conference with his boss sitting right next to him

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Don't underestimate how much he loves his Twitch stuff, more-so the money he makes there. He genuinely loves doing it.
And to be fair, of course he is going to say all that in an AEW press conference with his boss sitting right next to him
He does, doesn’t mean it was the reason or a recent decision.
To be fair Everyone has been fairly honest especially Punk and Danielson (who said the opposite) in their media commitments on why they signed.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I can't let the shine of this show wear off (if that's possible) without specifically mentioning Darby Allin.

There was a BIG fight feel when Punk entered the ring and Darby was sitting in the corner staring at him. It was so surreal knowing this was the moment we thought we may never see, which was Punk wrestling again. The incredible part was how PERFECT Allin was as the opponent in this moment and how remarkable that is to consider.

Here is a guy who wrestled his first match after Punk had his last.
Who has only had 2 years of television exposure.
Who is tiny even by todays smaller size standards.

And there he was across the ring from the best in the world in a moment that made feel like it was Rock vs Hogan at WM18 again.

Unbelievable stuff.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
A few points:

1) Remember when AEW first started and to some people it was just a money marks promotion with guys from Japan no one outside hardcore fans cared about, Stardust and an almost 50 year old Chris Jericho?

2) Remember when we found out Dynamite was going head to head against NXT and some people thought NXT being a WWE show would crush AEW in the ratings and that TNT would've been happy with 400k people watching?

This company now has the 2 hottest wrestlers from the 2010s, the best wrestler in the world (Omega), one third of The Shield, some of the best young wrestlers in the world who are for the most part homegrown, partnerships with almost every major promotion, averaging a million a week on TV and backed by a billionaire and TNT/Warner supporting them AND the rabid fanbase only ECW ever had along with just having top to bottom one of the best PPV's in 30 years. It's like mid 00's ROH and TNA, 97 WCW and ECW and 2010s NJPW all rolled into one and it's just so ******* awesome.

Also seeing the biggest star from NXT make the jump to AEW considering point 2 is just amazing all things considered. Feels like a definitive end to that chapter in wrestling.

MirosWife

All Australian
Jul 31, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
A few points:

1) Remember when AEW first started and to some people it was just a money marks promotion with guys from Japan no one outside hardcore fans cared about, Stardust and an almost 50 year old Chris Jericho?

2) Remember when we found out Dynamite was going head to head against NXT and some people thought NXT being a WWE show would crush AEW in the ratings and that TNT would've been happy with 400k people watching?

This company now has the 2 hottest wrestlers from the 2010s, the best wrestler in the world (Omega), one third of The Shield, some of the best young wrestlers in the world who are for the most part homegrown, partnerships with almost every major promotion, averaging a million a week on TV and backed by a billionaire and TNT/Warner supporting them AND the rabid fanbase only ECW ever had along with just having top to bottom one of the best PPV's in 30 years. It's like mid 00's ROH and TNA, 97 WCW and ECW and 2010s NJPW all rolled into one and it's just so ******* awesome.

Also seeing the biggest star from NXT make the jump to AEW considering point 2 is just amazing all things considered. Feels like a definitive end to that chapter in wrestling.

To do what they have done in only 2 years is incredible. It’s one thing to bring the old timers back it’s another to land people like Moxley, Punk, Bryan and now Adam Cole.
Haters will just move the goal posts though. Would be fun to dig up some old posts from the first 20 pages of this thread of people pretty much saying it won’t amount to anything.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Apparently AEW looked into getting the Final Countdown as Bryan Danielson's theme, but the price was way too high.

If we’re going by some rando on Reddit then Europe wanted 50k per use. I did read a week earlier that they were extremely difficult with rights to their songs.

The guy who made Danielson’s theme did a really good job. It keeps the well known Flight of the Valkyries intro and adds a bit of grit to it.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we’re going by some rando on Reddit then Europe wanted 50k per use. I did read a week earlier that they were extremely difficult with rights to their songs.

The guy who made Danielson’s theme did a really good job. It keeps the well known Flight of the Valkyries intro and adds a bit of grit to it.

I always thought that the Final Countdown was a one hit wonder. I don’t think I know any other songs they did.

its a shame if true. $50k per use is ridiculous, they could easily do a deal, they just need to get their heads from the backsides.

I dont get the circle jerk for final countdown.

the crying on various forums on the internet is insane.
Is there that much crying about it? I feel like the overall reaction is more like "that's a shame, would have been cool"

Lots of people on reddit etc genuinely think his new theme is awful
I don't really like it.. don't like the trap style of it. Would have preferred just the original Flight of the Valkyries

Apr 7, 2010
La Capanna Restaurant.
AFL Club
Essendon
it's apples and oranges. the desire for the final countdown is partly so that everyone can scream out the final countdown like in

the new song doesn't offer anything like that so naturally there's disappointment, particularly since everyone knows it's something AEW would have tried to get done, and while the new song does have the "you're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in" beat in it, that obviously can't be chanted out by the crowd during TNT shows.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lots of people on reddit etc genuinely think his new theme is awful
Really? It’s way better than just having the original Flight of the Valkyries IMO.

The Final Countdown’s intro is way too long for an entrance theme. They’d need to cut that down or Bryan would be rivaling The Undertaker’s long walk to the ring.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
I know im on an island here but honestly think this is better than final countdown.

WWE probably has copyright to flight of the valkyries.

You can't lay claims to a composition from the 1800's.

Back