AEW Full Gear - 10th November

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah the last 2 matches made that a 'good' PPV.

Dunno about pulling the trigger on MJF going heel after 6 eps of TV. Build a story lol.

Still annoyed about Spears going over. Cody giving his little hack mate all the help he can get and he still sucks. Funny someone on Twitter asked Janela about that Sabian segment after his match and he said it was awkwardly timed and he wants no part of it. Wonder if he's being serious or not.

Jericho is the best.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
'The Lunatic Fringe' Dean Ambrose - doesn't do that much actual crazy s**t

Jon Moxley - has one of the most brutal hardcore matches we've* seen in his what 5th match in a new company

(* I've never really seen the proper deathmatch type stuff. I've seen a little bit of old ECW and mostly WWE lol)

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Match ended after 30 minutes probably because Jericho isn't up to scratch.
Pretty standard length for a good championship match I would have thought. Unless the 60 minute judges or whatever they were are coming into play, there's no real reason to drag it on longer than it needs to be.
Jericho is fine. He does DDP yoga

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Pretty standard length for a good championship match I would have thought. Unless the 60 minute judges or whatever they were are coming into play, there's no real reason to drag it on longer than it needs to be.
Jericho is fine. He does DDP yoga

45-55 minutes would've been the plan but Jericho.

Just finished watching (started on delay):
  • Young Bucks V Santana & Ortiz was a great match. Sometimes The Bucks focus too much on "getting their s**t in" rather than trying to sell a story & putting over their opponent. But the match match Santana & Ortiz look like a million bucks! Can see them being the next challengers for the tag titles-- well deserved; especially as Santana & Ortiz haven't really had the opportunity to showcase their talent in AEW yet. However-- the use of the Rock N Roll Express after the match didn't really do much for me [as I've commented about them before]
  • Hangman Vs Pac-- similar to the previous match; Pac made Hangman look legit! I enjoyed how Jim Ross criticised Hangman for doing 'high flying moves' on commentary and mentioned he should be a brawler. IMO Hangman has the potential to be a massive face in the near future-- a bit like a young Steve Austin.
  • Spears vs Janela was a filler match that did nothing for either wrestler. Spears shouldn't be needing assistance from Tully (once again; I don't think guys in their 60's look impressive in a wrestling context) and Janela is one of the toughest 'Deathmatch' style guys on the roster; yet is losing to a spike piledriver like that. If they wanted to build Spears, I feel it could've been against someone other than Janela
  • The Tag title match was IMO a match where everyone tried to "get their s**t in". These three teams have had significantly better matches on Dynamite in recent weeks; but I'll give them a break because the match was still ok and it's more likely that they were just pressed for time within the PPV.
  • Riho Vs Emi Sakura was my favourite AEW Women's match they've done so far. I really hope that it's not Sakura's last title opportunity. I felt that the storyline between the two was lacking a bit-- hopefully they can build on that in a rematch. All I'm hoping for is that they keep Brandi/Kong away from Riho for as long as possible (hopefully 6+ months)
  • Chris Jericho Vs Cody was solid for a PPV title match. IMO it was paced really well; Jericho being the legend that he is was able to slow it down enough to focus on the emotion of the match rather than having to get involved in technical wrestling [which isn't Cody's strength]. Overall; the story in the match was great and the 'Throwing in the Towel' finish means that Cody has an 'out' for his condition and Jericho can continue his title reign. As others have said the MJF turn was predictable; but it's the 'right' time for it IMO because it now moves Cody into a midcard feud that can help build MJF in front of a new audience. There was a few things that annoyed me though--- particularly with how involved Audrey Edwards was involved in the match. A referee shouldn't be getting physical and pushing talent; even if they are pushing her back-- unless there's a storyline reason for it. I just don't think that I there should be that much attention on her within the match.
  • I'm going to be controversial here-- but Moxley Vs Omega wasn't anywhere near as good as I hoped it to be. Two of the best wrestling talents in the world at the moment and it turned into a Death-match style brawl that leaves both wrestlers with a situation of "what next". Both Mox & Omega kicked out of moves done on shards of glass, a DDT into a barbed wire web and a V-Trigger through part of the stage. I would've preferred the first 15-20 minutes of the match be more of a NJPW style match (which both can do) and then move into these stunts; rather than 40+ minutes just taking crazy hit after crazy hit.

Back