AEW Revolution

Jul 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Colts, UVA, Anaheim Ducks
Surprised there wasn't a thread up for this yet

Date: Saturday Feb 29 (Sunday March 1 for us)
Time: 12 PM Noon AEST

Card:

AEW World Championship
Chris Jericho (Champion) vs. Jon Moxley

AEW World Tag Team Championship
Kenny Omega and Hangman Page (Champions) vs. The Young Bucks

AEW Women’s World Championship
Nyla Rose (Champion) vs. Kris Statlander

MJF vs. Cody Rhodes

Jake Hager vs. Dustin Rhodes

Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara

PAC vs. Orange Cassidy

Evil Uno and Grayson vs. Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky

Last edited:

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I haven't seen Dynamite for probably a month now. I have to imagine that one of the Lucha Bros is injured, right? I can't imagine them ever not being on a card while Orange Cassidy is.

I know from reading reports that they've built Cody vs MJF really hard, but in terms of drawing fans this is is absolutely a one-match show, with the tag title match a nice bonus.

Despite the high price of their shows given what WWE and NJPW have conditioned us to in terms of the price for major events, I'm happy to pay for AEW shows when they warrant it. But this isn't one of those shows.

I haven't seen Dynamite for probably a month now. I have to imagine that one of the Lucha Bros is injured, right? I can't imagine them ever not being on a card while Orange Cassidy is.

either injured or more likely commitments in Mexico

I know from reading reports that they've built Cody vs MJF really hard, but in terms of drawing fans this is is absolutely a one-match show, with the tag title match a nice bonus.

3 match show: Jericho/Moxley, Cody/MJF, Tag Titles match. anything else on the card that is better than good is a bonus.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
I haven't seen Dynamite for probably a month now...

If you had then you would have seen their best 4 shows in their existence all in a row and would be feeling differently to everything you mention in the next paragraph.

Fair enough if you don't think it's worth it but this PPV has been extremely well built up.

If you had then you would have seen their best 4 shows in their existence all in a row and would be feeling differently to everything you mention in the next paragraph.

Dynamite has been good-- but that's some massive hyperbole.

The episodes haven't been THAT great recently; but not better than the Jan 1st or the Rock 'N Roll Cruise editions.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Dynamite has been good-- but that's some massive hyperbole.

The episodes haven't been THAT great recently; but not better than the Jan 1st or the Rock 'N Roll Cruise editions.

Fair enough if you don't think so but yes I think it's the best 4 in a row and yes that is mostly because it's not compared to a lot and previous episodes last year were very inconsistent.

More making the point to someone specifically saying they hadn't seen the last month and didn't feel the product was hot enough.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Fair enough if you don't think so but yes I think it's the best 4 in a row and yes that is mostly because it's not compared to a lot and previous episodes last year were very inconsistent.

More making the point to someone specifically saying they hadn't seen the last month and didn't feel the product was hot enough.

I'm reading reports and watching clips as opposed to watching full shows. And given these are what they use to sell the show, none of it outside the main 2 matches seems that exciting.

I'll still watch it - the point I was making is that I wouldn't be paying the 60 bucks or whatever I paid for Double or Nothing last year.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
I'm reading reports and watching clips as opposed to watching full shows. And given these are what they use to sell the show, none of it outside the main 2 matches seems that exciting.

I'll still watch it - the point I was making is that I wouldn't be paying the 60 bucks or whatever I paid for Double or Nothing last year.

Think it's down to $30 for this. I made a new account and managed to get it with $20 fite credits. Yes agree still too much no matter how good it's been. Should be no more than 10-15.

Fair enough if you don't think it's worth it but this PPV has been extremely well built up.

So which one is it?? The best 4 episodes of AEW Dynamite in its existence have happened in the past four weeks? Or just the most consistent 4 weeks that AEW has presented so far?

They are two VERY different statements :rolleyes:

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
So which one is it?? The best 4 episodes of AEW Dynamite in its existence have happened in the past four weeks? Or just the most consistent 4 weeks that AEW has presented so far?

They are two VERY different statements :rolleyes:

I don't see how they're that different. Yes they have been hot shows, progressed story lines fairly well and in a way that has got people invested and made sense and not had the baaaaad flat slots or generally poorly received segments in the middle like was happening in 2019.

glenn2479

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Loving what AEW are presenting at the moment. They’re really starting to iron out the issues they had in the early days. Great building of feuds and storylines with genuine unknown outcomes as opposed to WWE which just guarantees predictable and/or stupid outcomes.Fingers crossed Raven will be joining AEW.

Back