AEW Revolution

Remove this Banner Ad

So what was everyone’s thoughts on Revolution?? I expected more discussion here tbh.

Dustin Rhodes kissing Hager’s wife was strange—- no idea why they did that, was a bit gross.

Bucks v Omega/Page was the best tag match I’ve seen yet in AEW. The Bucks are brilliant at storytelling when they choose to do it; so much better than the flippy stuff they did against The Lucha Bros.

Guevera V Allin was straight up fire! A brilliant showcase of both men from start to finish— should’ve opened the show IMO.

MJF looked great; but their was something ‘off’ about the match IMO. I guess I really struggle with watching a baby face act like a heel as much as Cody does (seriously— which face needs a whole entourage at ringside).

Mox V Jericho is a MOTYC. The epic Judas intro was gold— absolutely loved it. A great fight between the two biggest names in AEW. Could’ve done without the ‘subtle’ WWE digs though (Mox’s ‘unscripted’ shirt; the ‘Universe has changed’ comment by Excalibur). But still a really fun match, better than anything at a Takeover or WK so far in 2020

Last edited:

So what was everyone’s thoughts on Revolution?? I expected more discussion here tbh.

Dustin Rhodes kissing Hager’s wife was strange—- no idea why they did that, was a bit gross.

Bucks v Omega/Page was the best tag match I’ve seen yet in AEW. The Bucks are brilliant at storytelling when they choose to do it; so much better than the flippy stuff they did against The Lucha Bros.

Guevera V Allin was straight up fire! A brilliant showcase of both men from start to finish— should’ve opened the show IMO.

MJF looked great; but their was something ‘off’ about the match IMO. I guess I really struggle with watching a baby face act like a heel as much as Cody does (seriously— which face needs a whole entourage at ringside).

Mox V Jericho is a MOTYC. The epic Judas intro was gold— absolutely loved it. A great fight between the two biggest names in AEW. Could’ve done without the ‘subtle’ WWE digs though (Mox’s ‘unscripted’ shirt; the ‘Universe has changed’ comment by Excalibur). But still a really fun match, better than anything at a Takeover or WK so far in 2020

:rolleyes:

I was thoroughly sports entertained from start to finish.

9 thumbs up for me. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Overall pretty good. I actually really liked Hagar v Dustin and thought it was what it needed to be. Derby v SG absolutely perfect. Derby's theme would be better played live behind him than Cody's if possible in the future.

Tag match was epic and can appreciate the effort, execution and athleticism but they did too much. I pick on NXT for it in Takeover so have to here as well. It was epic but some of that shouldn't have been done unless it was the finish or going to lead right into it. And it caused problems for everything that followed as nothing really can follow a match like that where they do everything minus legitimately kill each other. It's the main event (whether a tag title match should be the main event is a other argument) or you do less and don't go as long.

Also a bit of a shame about the quality of the Fite Stream. I lost patience with it and found the 720p BR Live version was miles better.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enjoyed the show overall, but if the Dustin/Hager and Nyla/Kris matches weren't on the show, it would have been a tighter PPV. To be fair to the women, they were put in a tough predicament to follow the tag match.

Nyla and Stat was always a worrying combination. Both kind of similar power wrestler types who have only had decent matches when led by the much better and more experienced Riho and Shida. But as you point out nothing could really follow the tag match except for perhaps a match involving an Orange Cassidy/Yano type. The whole event had a bit of an edge taken off it due to the placement of the tag match.

back in the attitude era, it was a good ist gimmick type thing. So Dustin for a majority of his career has done that type of thing, to get inside his opponents head.

Whole show is up on Youtube. If you haven't seen it, watch it before it's taken down.

One observation, but I cannot figure out why they made the call to run with Hager/Dustin as the opener instead of Allin/Sammy. The latter had the crowd invested in every single bump. It was high octance and got everybody up and about. Hager vs Dustin probably went about 5 minutes too long and just went along at too slow of a pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back