Remove this Banner Ad

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Same concept, much easier with two threads and pretty much just want keep RDT apart from this. My team:

AF.png

Was very easy to reach a team I'm very happy with, can't really see many weaknesses with it. Brought in Griff as I wanted to, because he's just that cheap. Took his game to a new level last year, backing him to come back. And plus, I just wanted to take a risk this week really. Floating around 3000, not gonna make up ground without doing stuff like that. Forward line is fantastic, backline will be my next upgrade (Bartel).

Weak midfield but I still have 150k and will be looking at upgrading a few of them. Next week I will be looking at 1 upgrade and 1 downgrade. I am good for the bye rounds so dunstan/Tyson downgraded and then Ambrose, Langdon, Langford or dunstan/Tyson upgraded.

upload_2014-5-1_19-27-28.png

tMtN7Up.png

Stuffed for the bye rounds so will roll with the punches. Ranked around 500 (my highest position for the year I predict)

Pretty happy with where I'm at right now. At last count I had ten players out for each bye, not including trades, so I'm going ok there.
Changed my mind this week and went a "double downgrade" of Gaff to Griffen and Gray to Hallahan. Backing Fasolo to come back after the bye and earn me a few more dollars and then he's straight out. Next move will be McDonald out once he's peaked.

Capture.JPG

Defs happy so far, should complete my backline and midfield very soon

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 123
image.jpg
Ranked 543

Pretty happy with everything except rooks are hard to come by this year

DT.png
Ranked 321. Happy enough with where it is, have my trades for the byes planned out as well. I think I have enough flexibility, money, and scoring power through the byes to make a real push for the top spot.

This week it's:

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Bartel, D Swallow, Suckling, Langdon (Langford, Laidler)
M: Ablett, Beams, Pendles, Swan, Watson, McRae, Crouch, Polec (Dunstan, Hallahan)
R: Sandi, Jacobs (Currie, Derickx)
F: Zorko, Parker, Dangerfield, Chapman, Dalhaus, S Lloyd (Ambrose, JKH)

Then likely next week just trading out Crouch and someone else to be perfect ahead of Rnd 8 bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought now the byes over, it was a perfect time to bring up this thread again. My team, thoughts?

Looking really good. That's got to be close to a perfect backline.

KkEe4Bj.png

On the chopping block -

Walker
Ward
Zorko

(will be giving them a bit more time...only one who I'm definitely planning for is Walker)

Swan worries me a bit but at least I got him at a good price.

Damn super good side. I'd look at upgrading tex and moving, Gibson, Cotchin, Watson onto actual premiums asap

Cotchin I have wanted to get rid of for ages....Just never had the spare trade and he wasnt the worst performing mid

Gibson & Watson ill wait and see what they do over the next couple of weeks. Those 2 and JK3 are my PODs and they have actually been killing it.......Another sub 100 game from
Damn super good side. I'd look at upgrading tex and moving, Gibson, Cotchin, Watson onto actual premiums asap

Watson in the past couple of weeks has been in good form (better then pendles & johnson). A sub 90 game and he will be gone. A sub 100 game he will be traded unless there are better trades (ie. Gibson).

Gibson past month (barring the weekend) has been awesome. If he has a sub 100 game next week he is gooooooooooooooooooone!!!!! Pendles & SJ will be at good prices next week for me :) to downgrade langdon/polec/langford and upgrade someone. (Both games this year he has been kept to under 100 he has tonned up big)

Walker Is the only true (sh%^) player in my team. I was thinking about trading one of my forward rookes this week but they have money to make and there is no one I am sold on to bring in. Harvey is playing well (career best form, just wondering if he'll tire). Franklin versing Geelong next week (and not sold if he has finally found his feet and I am a swans fan) and Riewoldt has been pathetic over the last month.

Good advice though, exactly what I was thinking. Looking at some of the teams posted, I am really happy with the rookes I have.

Last edited:

Great midfield!!!!! If I was you I would be cashing in on Macrae (I just did).

I think your forward line though has taken a hit with that midfield though. Wright, Higgens, walker.....carrying a few to many there.

Great midfield!!!!! If I was you I would be cashing in on Macrae (I just did).

I think your forward line though has taken a hit with that midfield though. Wright, Higgens, walker.....carrying a few to many there.
Hey mate. Thanks. I have done my trades this week going Griffiths (FWD) to Gunston and Cunningham to Shenton. Next week I'm planning of going Cutler to Rookie. Not sure who yet and Wright to Dahlhaus. Then the following if all goes to plan Macrae to Rockliff and Ambrose or Hallahan to Rook. I am keeping Walker until I get a 7th premium forward because I think he will still get those 70's which will do for a while.

Next week I'm planning of going Cutler to Rookie.

I would be wary of getting rid of cutler, he is best 22 and bews, well we have to wait to see. plus not much cash there. You need a rookie guaranteed of a game in each position or else it is a massive FAIL in my opinion.....Not sure what I would do though.

Probably downgrade macrae > rook & play hallahan (good job security, not bad for a couple of weeks as m8.....plus could actually go better then macrae). With the mids you have, still be high scoring and will give you heaps of cash to upgrade wright (plus after next game zorko/roo will be ripe for the picking)

.....and still have a 200k/300k the week after to downgrade/upgrade a walker/cutler/ambrose/hallahan.......I didnt put rohan in that list because he is just horrible

well thats it for my 2 cents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back