Teams AF: Post Your Current Team Here

Remove this Banner Ad

So law of averages says around 9% of teams have both these guys. I think most people need to have a serious look at what they’re doing. :rolleyes:

To be fair lots of teams are people who have not as much interest as us. They might make a team and then forget about it.

Rockliff is very expensive. Most peoples priorities are getting their rookies on the field into premos, not necessarily the best ones. Just not feasible for lots of teams to get him in.

Also - the guy coming 1st in the whole comp doesn't have Rockliff.

My team -

R14.png

Priorities are getting some cover in defence, and getting rid of Zorko and Jelwood. $170k in the bank.

Screen Shot 2014-06-22 at 11.26.37 pm.png

gonna keep dahlhaus and suckers another week see what they produce...
trade this week
ambrose > mc lovin
shenton > j.martin

Last edited:

zu3ux1.jpg

Gone Roo > Gray leaving me with 115k

Other trade is Jelwood > Any mid (posted the following to DT Talk also).

So many options and f**** if I know which one will turn out best. I think a lot of people are in the same position so I compiled a list with my thoughts on each. I includied Swanny and Ebert too (even though I got them). Here are the options:

Ablett, Rocky, Beams, Pendles, Barlow. 1 to 5, the locks that everyone should have. The rest is the pool of players for M6, M7 and M8.

JPK - Pros: Gun, in a gun midfield. Consistent. Close to un-taggable. Cons: Bit overpriced atm. Known to take it easier against the lesser teams (of which he has a big run coming up). High handball/kick ratio which is never ideal.
Stevie J - Pros: DT Pig. Cheap. Cats have a decent run coming up. Cons: Questions over his form. No guarantee to get back to the +120's
Goddard - Pros: Gun. Steps up in place of Watson. Loves a +6. Essendon play a possession game and he shouldn't get a tag. Con's: While he's consistent not sure he'll average the most out of this group.
Ebert - Pros: Having a breakout season, in a good midfield. One of the fittest in the comp. Cheap (now). Pros: Like JPK, but to a larger extent, takes it easy when he feels like it against the lesser teams... those 60's are killers.
Libba - Pros: Tackling machine. Good run of form lately. Cons: Pricey now. Will be the first tagged with Griffen out.
Swan - Pros: DT Pig. Never have to worry about a tag. Somewhat consistent now. Cheapish. Cons: Not the fittest he's ever been. Buckley playing him down forward more often.
Fyfe: Gun. Freo have a good draw coming up. Is cheap now. Cons: #1 candidate for the tag. Spends a bit of time fwd. More of a SuperCoach type player.
Ward: Pros: Great leader, is always in the game. High ceiling. Usually doesn't get a tag. Cons: Scores of 59, 44 and 64 against lesser teams this year is a worry.
Prestia - Pros: Jet, in an A grade midfield (avoids tag). Great run of form lately. Cons: Pricey. Is largely unproven.
Priddis - Pros: Most consistent player in the comp. In good form. Usually avoids the tag. Cons: Lower ceiling than most mid premo's. Pricey.
Greenwood - Pros: Great run of form. Huge ceiling. Looks great (atm). Cons: Consistency unproven. May attract a tag now. Is prone to a tagging role himself.

(For myself):
I really like Prestia and Greenwood as PODs but am against picking unproven premiums.
Am leaning towards Goddard for Jelwood.... thoughts?
Stevie J next (at 500k) if he shows some form.
Will keep one of Swan/Ebet at M8, coming weeks will decide that.

(Others to consider are Trealor and B. Ellis. Didn't include Heppell or Stanton as neither can handle a tag, and wouldn't have them with Jobe out).

Last edited:
Gone Roo > Gray leaving me with 115k

Other trade is Jelwood > Any mid (posted the following to DT Talk also).

So many options and f**** if I know which one will turn out best. I think a lot of people are in the same position so I compiled a list with my thoughts on each. I includied Swanny and Ebert too (even though I got them). Here are the options:

Ablett, Rocky, Beams, Pendles, Barlow. 1 to 5, the locks that everyone should have. The rest is the pool of players for M6, M7 and M8.

JPK - Pros: Gun, in a gun midfield. Consistent. Close to un-taggable. Cons: Bit overpriced atm. Known to take it easier against the lesser teams (of which he has a big run coming up). High handball/kick ratio which is never ideal.
Stevie J - Pros: DT Pig. Cheap. Cats have a decent run coming up. Cons: Questions over his form. No guarantee to get back to the +120's
Goddard - Pros: Gun. Steps up in place of Watson. Loves a +6. Essendon play a possession game and he shouldn't get a tag. Con's: While he's consistent not sure he'll average the most out of this group.
Ebert - Pros: Having a breakout season, in a good midfield. One of the fittest in the comp. Cheap (now). Pros: Like JPK, but to a larger extent, takes it easy when he feels like it against the lesser teams... those 60's are killers.
Libba - Pros: Tackling machine. Good run of form lately. Cons: Pricey now. Will be the first tagged with Griffen out.
Swan - Pros: DT Pig. Never have to worry about a tag. Somewhat consistent now. Cheapish. Cons: Not the fittest he's ever been. Buckley playing him down forward more often.
Fyfe: Gun. Freo have a good draw coming up. Is cheap now. Cons: #1 candidate for the tag. Spends a bit of time fwd. More of a SuperCoach type player.
Ward: Pros: Great leader, is always in the game. High ceiling. Usually doesn't get a tag. Cons: Scores of 59, 44 and 64 against lesser teams this year is a worry.
Prestia - Pros: Jet, in an A grade midfield (avoids tag). Great run of form lately. Cons: Pricey. Is largely unproven.
Priddis - Pros: Most consistent player in the comp. In good form. Usually avoids the tag. Cons: Lower ceiling than most mid premo's. Pricey.
Greenwood - Pros: Great run of form. Huge ceiling. Looks great (atm). Cons: Consistency unproven. May attract a tag now. Is prone to a tagging role himself.

(For myself):
I really like Prestia and Greenwood as PODs but am against picking unproven premiums.
Am leaning towards Goddard for Jelwood.... thoughts?
Stevie J next (at 500k) if he shows some form.
Will keep one of Swan/Ebet at M8, coming weeks will decide that.

(Others to consider are Trealor and B. Ellis. Didn't include Heppell or Stanton as neither can handle a tag, and wouldn't have them with Jobe out).

Nice writeup. Of your list, I have Ablett, Beams, Pendlebury, JPK, SJ, Ebert and Ward.

This week I want to dump Montagna who is proving to be a waste of space, (and possibly also Zorko from my forward line, wouldn't mind a recommendation on that). I have enough cash to bring in Rocky, but is he the best value for the current price? Trouble is that after last weekend I don't see him going down in price anytime soon so maybe now is the time after all...

Nice writeup. Of your list, I have Ablett, Beams, Pendlebury, JPK, SJ, Ebert and Ward.

This week I want to dump Montagna who is proving to be a waste of space, (and possibly also Zorko from my forward line, wouldn't mind a recommendation on that). I have enough cash to bring in Rocky, but is he the best value for the current price? Trouble is that after last weekend I don't see him going down in price anytime soon so maybe now is the time after all...

I'm proud to say Rocky was my second picked after Ablett from the start, i've been in love with him since his 2011 season where he averaged 112 as a 20 year old. At 617k, he's priced right on his average of 124 but has gone above that 6 out of 11 this year. He probably isn't going to come down anytime soon with frequent scores over 140. I'd definitely be getting him in as the man is not human, he burnt off the master of all taggers in Crowley and notched 172 against Freeo which is unheard of. Even if i didn't have him and he was having a bad season, that game against Freeo would be enough for me to trade him in.

Zorko? Hmmm what a pest, Im glad i got rid of him for Boomer. Would be getting rid of ASAP as Leppitsch is happy to play him in the fwd line in a team that has issues bringing the ball over half way. Assuming you have the big 4 in the fwds (Harvey, Parker, Martin, Danger) the next best options imo are Gray and Buddy. Gray will be consistent as he's getting a lot of midfield time. Buddy could do anything but the big consideration is his good form of late, what we know he's capable of, and an easy run ahead including gws, west coast and carlton in the next 3. If you really want to roll the dice you could also bring in the Hoff. I'd love to not care enough to do that but sadly I do so it's Robbie Gray for me at F5 and S Martin at F6 + cash to put elsewhere.

^Got the Hoff in a couple weeks ago @ 420k? and his scores have been 98,106 and 143 thus far. With port playing Adelaide,Essendon,Richmond and Melbourne in the next month i might keep him for a while.

Hm... bring in Hibberd as D7 or bring in Rockliff making Swannie my M9... decisions decisions. (Already have an F7).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 1.38.18 pm.png

just traded shenton to honeychurch and griffiths to mackie.... janesch gets one more week considering he had has who he got 127 on this year already

i would be getting rid of suckling... I've just put suckling on my bench had enough of his poor scores

I think Suckers can wait 1 more week. Plays norf under the roof at etihad should be good for 80-100. Plan is to trade him straight to Mitchell in 1-2 weeks and get Ibbo at D7. But yeah he does need to go soon.

For yours: Only 3 issues the rest is sweet as. Minor problems compared to most teams at this point.

1) Don't see J Martin as a longterm M9 when he's more likely to score around 50 than anything else if you have a late out.
With a BE of 51 now he's a tricky one as he's not gonna make a lot more cash (dont know how you went past Miles when he was ~300k with 100 average).
2) No 3rd ruck option is also a worry.
3) Mackie - Better options for similar price imo

I like the Hoff as a unique... gutsy pick. Only other thing to worry about is Libba getting owned by taggers until Griffen gets back. I'd be concerned if i had him!

I wan
I think Suckers can wait 1 more week. Plays norf under the roof at etihad should be good for 80-100. Plan is to trade him straight to Mitchell in 1-2 weeks and get Ibbo at D7. But yeah he does need to go soon.

For yours: Only 3 issues the rest is sweet as. Minor problems compared to most teams at this point.

1) Don't see J Martin as a longterm M9 when he's more likely to score around 50 than anything else if you have a late out.
With a BE of 51 now he's a tricky one as he's not gonna make a lot more cash (dont know how you went past Miles when he was ~300k with 100 average).
2) No 3rd ruck option is also a worry.
3) Mackie - Better options for similar price imo

I like the Hoff as a unique... gutsy pick. Only other thing to worry about is Libba getting owned by taggers until Griffen gets back. I'd be concerned if i had him!

I wanted miles couldnt afford him i actually expected 70-80s out of j martin but doesnt look that way atm i havent been worried about 3rd ruck thou i will just trade if i need to and i want anothe pod and mackie conpared to others is pretty good for 90s which is handy and i only have 461,000 to spend and mackie looked best option the hoff ive had since round 1 been pretty happy with him as a pod all season

I wan

I wanted miles couldnt afford him i actually expected 70-80s out of j martin but doesnt look that way atm i havent been worried about 3rd ruck thou i will just trade if i need to and i want anothe pod and mackie conpared to others is pretty good for 90s which is handy and i only have 461,000 to spend and mackie looked best option the hoff ive had since round 1 been pretty happy with him as a pod all season

Sound reasoning mr Kenny Powers. Yea Mackie is the best option for under 460k

Oh why thank you brandon !

I'm actually tossing up between JPK and my boy Brandon this week! (Most likely trading the fat pig Swan)
He's been absolutely smoking hot last 2 weeks with 35 and 36 possessions. Runs all bloody day and night and eats up +6's for breakfast.

Who would of thought out of those 2 Ellis would even come close? He's flown under the radar massively at 2% ownership. Take out his 1 bad game since round 5 (79 in round 9) and his scores read 125, 94 127, 104, 100, 105, 117, 115, giving him a whopping average of 110. Should of never doubted my boy.

I'm actually tossing up between JPK and my boy Brandon this week! (Most likely trading the fat pig Swan)
He's been absolutely smoking hot last 2 weeks with 35 and 36 possessions. Runs all bloody day and night and eats up +6's for breakfast.

Who would of thought out of those 2 Ellis would even come close? He's flown under the radar massively at 2% ownership. Take out his 1 bad game since round 5 (79 in round 9) and his scores read 125, 94 127, 104, 100, 105, 117, 115, giving him a whopping average of 110. Should of never doubted my boy.

Oh dont worry ive been watching ellis hes on fire hes doing what everyone expected at the start of the year but he started the year off slow i would get him if there was a mid i have that i wanted to trade out

Nice team Schmidt2003. Unique midfield and good bench cover.

next week I reckon will be cameron > morrabito and upgrade suckling/langdon to mitchell.........Then the only midfielder I really need is pendles and the rest I am going to stay unique (unless someone is killing it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back