2nds AFC 2020 SANFL Thread - 2 games at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They first won the premiership in my year of birth (1945), I started supporting them when they won in 1953, and had a very, very long drought since!
I was never too keen on the merger with Woodville, but I'll take the win. ;)

My mum went to the 1953 GF at the age of 17. I have the 1953 Grand Final budget.

F025BA56-E4C6-4A07-8947-A6CC9908350A.jpeg

Na I’m taking Hollands pick 1. I would try to trade up. GC pick not out of the question.

So you'd spend multiple firsts (lets not beat around the bush here, it'll cost us 10 + WB 1st) to get that pick for a bid on Jones?

So you'd spend multiple firsts (lets not beat around the bush here, it'll cost us 10 + WB 1st) to get that pick for a bid on Jones?
It would more likely be a second with 9. It depends on their trade period.if bid matched your likely to end up with another elite talent. Also WB won’t be trading their first.

It would more likely be a second with 9. It depends on their trade period.if bid matched your likely to end up with another elite talent. Also WB won’t be trading their first.

You're purchasing a top 5 pick. It costs two firsts. The precedent here is our pick swap with Sydney last draft where Sydney paid up a 1st round pick (GWS 2020s) and pick 6 for our pick 4. We're also coming in from a lower position than the 6th draft pick. You are paying an awful lot to not get the player you want, and at this point, the price to go up the order is steep to the point you have to make sure you get who you want to get.

Dogs are guaranteed to lose their first round pick this off-season due to they have a potential number 1 pick in JUH in their academy. If they wanted to avoid a deficit in 2021, they'll be moving that pick on. In saying that, it's very likely that pick will end up at Adelaide just due to how well we marry up as trade partners. After all, they need points and we're sitting in a situation where we prepared for our NGAs this year to cost a fortune and so far, that doesn't look like it'll manifest.

Well done to WWT today, best team all year from what I’ve seen.
Nice to see it took a Sturt great to cure the Eagles choke.
Congratulations to Sheeds.
Not the first Sturt man to coach the Eagles to a premiership either! Sheedy has done a great job.

My mum went to the 1953 GF at the age of 17. I have the 1953 Grand Final budget.

View attachment 988929
Our family has a copy of this budget too. Dad was born in 1953. My Poppa had been to all the premierships of West Torrens (1924,33,45,53) and the Eagles up until he was too ill in 2011. So between us we’ve seen all 8!

Another underrated Panther taken way too early R.I.P. Gary Mousley

chazwazza I wasn't aware he played 3 games from Sturt, just remember him as the ever reliable defender for the Panthers....elite kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Port have Signed Jake Weidemann and Luke Surman. Isnt there a top up rule of top ups besides your leadership player needing to come from ammos/ Country footy. Theyve already done the dodgy Goldsack recruitment so that he can play SANFL and mad Sutcliffe captain. They really want a sanfl flag.
Edit
s**t they can. Why dont we go out and get some SANFl players then
1608527733271.png

Last edited:
So Port have Signed Jake Weidemann and Luke Surman. Isnt there a top up rule of top ups besides your leadership player needing to come from ammos/ Country footy. Theyve already done the dodgy Goldsack recruitment so that he can play SANFL and mad Sutcliffe captain. They really want a sanfl flag.
Edit
sh*t they can. Why dont we go out and get some SANFl players then
View attachment 1030943

On that, eh, if they want to waste list spots chasing a SANFL flag, good on them.

Edit
sh*t they can. Why dont we go out and get some SANFl players then
View attachment 1030943
On point 2, I would be surprised if Surman wasn't in Norwood's top 40 players going in to 2021. He played a fair bit in League side this year.

Won't argue with that. My point is that he shouldn't available to the Power Reserves.
Unfortunately rules changed in 2019 where both crows and port can recruit from anywhere. Surman had already left us (Norwood). Had no idea he was planning to go to Port. He won the reserves best and fairest as a ruckman in 2019. So can play ruck and forward.

Unfortunately rules changed in 2019 where both crows and port can recruit from anywhere. Surman had already left us (Norwood). Had no idea he was planning to go to Port. He won the reserves best and fairest as a ruckman in 2019. So can play ruck and forward.
I am aware that the rules changed in 2019. According to the criteria that you posted earlier, pertaining to point 2, unless he is outside Norwood's top 40 players, which I highly doubt, then he does not qualify. Am I missing something here? Have I interpreted this incorrectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back