2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross Country Wrestling.

That is what my old man called Rugby.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
My grandfather said in the army back in WW2 rugby was referred to by the Aussie rules lads as “catch me, f$&k me”..

The lads from the AFL states would torment the lads from the rugby union/league states with that insult and the best the union/league lads could comeback with was the old “aerial pingpong” line..

Imagine overreacting to a small form drop from a young kid after a gruelling season.

There are more than one outside midfield spot in a lineup.
Time will tell. I'm generally never wrong. Would he play in front of Seedsman, Smith, Dawson?(if we get him), Jones, Milera, McPherson, Cook(best spot is likely wing), McHenry(should play more up the ground around the midfield), Hamill, Sloane(likely to play on a wing or hf). Ok I may give you Hamill but with a fit team what spot in the team is he going to lock down? He has some potential but there's a lot of hype over a few decent games. Needs to work on putting on some weight and strength to have a chance of getting a game. Unfortunately for him he plays in a position in which we have a plethora of players. If he doesn't lock down a position in the next 2years he may need to look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Time will tell. I'm generally never wrong. Would he play in front of Seedsman, Smith, Dawson?(if we get him), Jones, Milera, McPherson, Cook, McHenry, Hamill, Sloane(likely to play on a wing or hf). Ok I may give you Hamill but with a fit team what spot in the team is he going to lock down? He has some potential but there's a lot of hype over a few decent games. Needs to work on putting on some weight and strength to get have chance of getting a game. Unfortunately for him he plays in a position in which we have a plethora of players. If he doesn't lock down a position in the next 2years he may need to look elsewhere.

On 2021 output? Sholl plays ahead of: Hamill, McPherson, Milera. Those three have never produced the quality did in the early part of this season, and Sholl did it in a harder role. Jones is just lucky he has a rare combo of traits as Sholl has him dead on field as well. Sloane should just be thankful he's the captain as he's another who'd be axed for Lachie due to age.

They weren't a few decent games. They were borderline elite for an outside midfielder for 5-10 rounds. He fell apart as the year caught up with him, but make no mistake, Sholl is a serious outside prospect and if it wasn't for Cook, would be our best prospect in that sector.

On 2021 output? Sholl plays ahead of: Hamill, McPherson, Milera. Those three have never produced the quality did in the early part of this season, and Sholl did it in a harder role. Jones is just lucky he has a rare combo of traits as Sholl has him dead on field as well.

They weren't a few decent games. They were borderline elite for an outside midfielder for 5-10 rounds. He fell apart as the year caught up with him, but make no mistake, Sholl is a serious outside prospect and if it wasn't for Cook, would be our best prospect in that sector.

Sloane should just be thankful he's the captain as he's another who'd be axed for Lachie.
They have Milera on decent money. As soon as he is fit they will play him. You can take that to the bank.

They have Milera on decent money. As soon as he is fit they will play him. You can take that to the bank.

My money's still on him retiring due to injury in the next 12 months.

"I'm generally never wrong"

...immediately follows up with an inherently wrong statement
Na. Very right on this occasion. We have an abundance of players in front of Sholl. That's no knock on him. More a knock on our list management that we have too many good players in one area.

If we had half a brain as a club we would have traded Smith 2 years ago, took Ash at pick 4(who is already better than Smith and has 10 years of football left as opposed to Smith's 2) and gone after a mid instead of taking McAsey who seems a bust.

Last edited:
On 2021 output? Sholl plays ahead of: Hamill, McPherson, Milera. Those three have never produced the quality did in the early part of this season, and Sholl did it in a harder role. Jones is just lucky he has a rare combo of traits as Sholl has him dead on field as well. Sloane should just be thankful he's the captain as he's another who'd be axed for Lachie due to age.

I'm not so sure about that. Sholl had a massive, massive, case of the 2nd year blues. He started the season brightly enough, but by the end of the year he was struggling to even make a mark in the SANFL.

Sholl's best is better than anything Hamill, McPherson & Milera have shown - but by the end of the year McPherson & Hamill were both miles ahead of where Sholl was at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My grandfather said in the army back in WW2 rugby was referred to by the Aussie rules lads as “catch me, f$&k me”..

The lads from the AFL states would torment the lads from the rugby union/league states with that insult and the best the union/league lads could comeback with was the old “aerial pingpong” line..
Grew up in the Top End. Rugby often referred to as "sniff".
I was only young then but now, the mind boggles!

I don't think Newchurch has it in him, but looking at a still and commenting on someone's intent is ridiculous.
He looks slow in that photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back