2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles U18 won grand Final today. The reserves in prelim next week. That's how. Junior development second to none.
How many 2021 draft eligible players out there tonight for the Eagles and what's their history like of playing juniors at League level?

Eagles U18 won grand Final today. The reserves in prelim next week. That's how. Junior development second to none.

They have some pretty good football breeding grounds in their zones (mid-north of SA, Clare Valley, etc).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking game though, a loss isn't a bad thing for Glenelg IMO

That definitely caught my eye too, ended up only around 27 minutes I think? Definitely time off for blood rules I assume?

Don’t forget the SANFL doesn’t automatically have time on for ball ups (that’s still the field umpires decision whether to call time on for ball ups). This will see SANFL quarters go shorter than AFL quarters.

How have the Eagles remained a consistent finals side for the best part of 20 years? I think they've only missed the finals twice or 3 times in that period?

20 years, more like 30 years since amalgamation in 1991. Missed finals in 1995, 1997, 1998, 2008 and 2019. A remarkable record.

As a very finals barren first 30 years of my life, it has been a blessing the last 30 years. should have won more flags (missed opportunities in 1994, 2015 and 2016 when we were the dominant side) however I’m content that I saw my side win one in my lifetime. Remember flying down from Darwin in 1993 - thought * it, I’m not missing what could be my only GF in my lifetime, got smashed that night at the Club, Chunky Custard played on the Oval that night and flew back the next day with a massive hangover - a wicked 24 hours!

They work their football zone and very selective recruiting.

I think I read somewhere where we have had the most players drafted into the AFL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back