2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag

Debutant
Aug 1, 2004
South East SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Sturt
There is no need to rush any of the new recruits into the AFL team before they are physically ready. Yes, we are impatient to see what they can bring but this would be counterproductive. Calls for Newchurch, Pedlar et al to be brought in are really short-sighted and would be likely to be counterproductive.
I have admired our history of not throwing our young players to the wolves. People in the past have been concerned when players were not immediately bought in - eg Talia, Doodee.

I followed Jack Trengrove's career with interest as I had seen some of his junior football at Kybybolite. Rightly drafted at 2 in the same draft as Talia and Gunston (the Crows first two picks), he (and Tom Scully) was rushed into a weak Melbourne side. He was quickly taken into the leadership group. I have always considered that his career would have been much more notable if he was given the time to strengthen his body, prior to consistently playing.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Lol.

I’d suggest inventing or embellishing a new double super top secret friend to dig you out of this one
Are you ok?

I have a long history of only posting information where I have it from good sources. I'm very happy to have my record stand.

I've now asked you repeatedly to explain what it is that you seem to think I've posted incorrectly and yet you provide nothing but insults.

For the record, the information I posted about young Cook, I have now had confirmed by 3 sources. In fact, I know his living arrangement is being changed this week.

You can continue with your weird rant if you like. I'm sure others on the board will know my record.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Damn that sanfl highlights package from the club was lame. I get that there weren't many highlights, but just shows goals from set shots.

No lead up play, just guys kicking over a man on the mark.
Well that's largely what we managed

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whilst understand Cook is not AFL ready and not a lot of history can Bicks or someone elaborate why we picked him so high and wasn't there another club very keen as well.
Think we need a exciting fwd player if that is his strength.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Whilst understand Cook is not AFL ready and not a lot of history can Bicks or someone elaborate why we picked him so high and wasn't there another club very keen as well.
That's certainly his strength, he's got a lot of tricks in his kit bag.

JennyTalia

All Australian
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
He was very exciting for south u18 last year playing mostly forward and wing. Probably wasn't on people's radars at the start of the year but had a growth spurt which seemed to boost his confidence and output (think he was playing for tea tree gully the year before). Showed a bunch of x factor and just about single handedly won a couple of games for the panthers. Apparently carried a shoulder injury throughout the whole season too. Anyways, having spent less time in the elite pathway and shoulder surgery has meant he isn't quite as physically prepared as other draftees. More a longer term option. I remember him being linked to Collingwood as a potential first rounder.

Worth looking at his highlights on YouTube. Feels like a real boom or bust pick but i like it.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
No, Cook was excellent last year. He's just physically immature. There's no rush.
Damon Freitag 200cm 100 Kegs might be worth a look in the mid season draft, dominant Ruck/forward at U18's level and has obviously come on in leaps and bounds since through the Reserves in 2020 and now looking really good in 2021 at League level. Had the better of Strachan I thought and only 20 years old now, great contested mark and a booming kick. I don't know about others but I don't see Strachan as a long term AFL player.

South-v-Norwood-5-1-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you ok?

I have a long history of only posting information where I have it from good sources. I'm very happy to have my record stand.

no you don’t. Maybe that’s the problem?

I've now asked you repeatedly to explain what it is that you seem to think I've posted incorrectly and yet you provide nothing but insults.

oh c’mon. It was only last week, maybe the week before your fantastical claims about Nigel Smart were ridiculed by more than just me.

maybe you filter all this stuff out? That’s actually a pretty good talent to have if you can manage it BTW

For the record, the information I posted about young Cook, I have now had confirmed by 3 sources. In fact, I know his living arrangement is being changed this week.

Only 3? Why stop there, let’s call it 5. For some, 7 is a lucky number!

So many sources and yet no mention anywhere else. are you hoping that someone will pick up your claims and print it in the paper as a post script validation?

You can continue with your weird rant if you like. I'm sure others on the board will know my record.

This is just weird. you keep repeating that you will fall back on your record as if it’s some hammer blow.

What I notice is you tend to pick at what you wrongly believe to be below the radar fruit, too obscure to really be believed or challenged.

anyway... maybe just a bit less of the “trust me, I wouldn’t post it if it wasn’t true” stuff. You sound like a used car salesman

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
What was it that was said that you thought was dubious?

nothing really. But after this:

Just get a bit dubious about random things posted that no one else has ever heard, shielded by “I stand my by record” nonsense.

people who have such emotional energy invested in their reputation as having sources are almost always dubious

Just get a bit dubious about random things posted that no one else has ever heard, shielded by “I stand my by record” nonsense.

people who have such emotional energy invested in their reputation as having sources are almost always dubious
What's inaccurate about this? Hardly a reason to harass yet another long time poster oh "supportive" one

I know of staff under Smart who spoke very lowly of him.

Smart may be smart in some ways, but extremely dumb in others... & was a s**t administrator for us.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

It's on the record about Olsen having brought in KPMG to review the board and management, which was occuring or had finished when Smart and Fagan left.

Then from there it may be a case of people putting 2 and 2 together when it comes to Smart and Fagan being duds. Whether Smart was any good or not, we seem poised to move away from the outside investments Fagan made, which probably led to Smarts role being somewhat redundant, so competency may not have even come in to his review and why he left.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
He was very exciting for south u18 last year playing mostly forward and wing. Probably wasn't on people's radars at the start of the year but had a growth spurt which seemed to boost his confidence and output (think he was playing for tea tree gully the year before). Showed a bunch of x factor and just about single handedly won a couple of games for the panthers. Apparently carried a shoulder injury throughout the whole season too. Anyways, having spent less time in the elite pathway and shoulder surgery has meant he isn't quite as physically prepared as other draftees. More a longer term option. I remember him being linked to Collingwood as a potential first rounder.

Worth looking at his highlights on YouTube. Feels like a real boom or bust pick but i like it.
Happy Valley mate deep in South's zone.

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Damon Freitag 200cm 100 Kegs might be worth a look in the mid season draft, dominant Ruck/forward at U18's level and has obviously come on in leaps and bounds since through the Reserves in 2020 and now looking really good in 2021 at League level. Had the better of Strachan I thought and only 20 years old now, great contested mark and a booming kick. I don't know about others but I don't see Strachan as a long term AFL player.
I made the same comment in the SANFL thread, a great mid-season draft opportunity but pretty cruel to the Panthers.

It was interesting that Sturt played Latchford in the ressies last year. He also looks like a potential draft option. Good kick, good pace and knows how to find the footy.

Last edited:

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

View attachment 1095553

Gold Coast more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back