2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know what happened

He busted his arse during the preseason, worked ultra-hard on the track and won the coaches over with pure effort and sweat

We've been seduced by this every year. Some players have built a career on it
I think we need to be careful to judge a forward line as a group rather than 7 individuals. The difference in how our forward line looks since Rahilly has taken over from Hart is massive, and Walkers form is not because he is just playing better, it’s a combination of better entries and a much better forward structure. if you watch Rahilly coaching them as a group before the game it’s really interesting to see how much he has everyone with a role in blocking, making space, misdirecting and pressuring. I would think the reason they like Frampton is that he is doing all the 1 percenters that they want to make everything work, and as long as he is doing that and we are converting entries into score then he will continue to play.

I think we need to be careful to judge a forward line as a group rather than 7 individuals. The difference in how our forward line looks since Rahilly has taken over from Hart is massive, and Walkers form is not because he is just playing better, it’s a combination of better entries and a much better forward structure. if you watch Rahilly coaching them as a group before the game it’s really interesting to see how much he has everyone with a role in blocking, making space, misdirecting and pressuring. I would think the reason they like Frampton is that he is doing all the 1 percenters that they want to make everything work, and as long as he is doing that and we are converting entries into score then he will continue to play.
You're probably right... but it would be nice to see him do some of the 99%ers just occasionally. There's a reason the AFL ratings system said that he was literally worse than useless last week.

You're probably right... but it would be nice to see him do some of the 99%ers just occasionally. There's a reason the AFL ratings system said that he was literally worse than useless last week.
Nicks seemed satisfied enough with Frampton's input in his presser, only comment was he'd like to see him stick more of his marking opportunities.

I agree. I quite like Billy but he severely lacks athleticism and has cement hands. He is terrible below his knees as well but does present well, hits packs, kicks well and his ruckwork can be surprisingly good.
my comments are more an indictment on us having Ben Hart as a forward line coach for the last few years and just how much better the forward line as a whole looks now that Rahilly is there.

Nicks seemed satisfied enough with Frampton's input in his presser, only comment was he'd like to see him stick more of his marking opportunities.
Making Their Mark showed just how much trust we should put in what the coaches say to the media - none whatsoever. Just because Nicks says he's happy with Frampton when talking to the media, does not mean he's even remotely happy with him in reality.

Making Their Mark showed just how much trust we should put in what the coaches say to the media - none whatsoever. Just because Nicks says he's happy with Frampton when talking to the media, does not mean he's even remotely happy with him in reality.
LOL

And you don't remotely have a clue what Nicks thinks either way.

You state everything like it's fact when you really don't have a clue what Nicks or the coaching panel have set as the KPI's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL

And you don't remotely have a clue what Nicks thinks either way.

You state everything like it's fact when you really don't have a clue what Nicks or the coaching panel have set as the KPI's.
The facts are:
  • Frampton was nothing short of revolting last week, to the point that he was less effective than a player who didn't even step foot on the ground (according to the official AFL ratings points). He was literally worse than useless.
  • Nicks was asked about him, and blew smoke up Frampton's arse in the post-match interview.
  • Making Their Mark exposed the often stark differences between internal & external messaging, with external messaging invariably being fully supportive, while the internal messaging was far more honest.
I know what Nicks said to the media - but neither you nor I have any idea what he really thinks. It's not just me who doesn't have a clue what he thinks, you have no more idea than I do.

Locally the time on the website says 4.10.
Maybe its adjusted for Victorian time for you ?

West Adelaide

Adelaide

Upcoming
League - Round 2 2021
Hisense Stadium, Saturday 10th April, 4:10pm

West Adelaide v Adelaide | Hisense Stadium | 4:10pm | SANFL Digital Pass

Yes, obviously it cleverly adjusts to local time depending on where you are. I got caught out last week and a lot two years ago, missing all the first quarter: no more! They could at least clarify things by adding what time system is relevant, as does the AFL site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back