2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I see no ruckman in our squad again. I guess they figure that between Strachan and Frampton we are OK for SANFL ruck. Dont want to have to take a player a late notice again from Tasmania league

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I see no ruckman in our squad again. I guess they figure that between Strachan and Frampton we are OK for SANFL ruck. Dont want to have to take a player a late notice again from Tasmania league
It's probably better for development that we don't have a ruck sitting in the goal square for 4/5ths of the game, but yea, do run the injury risk. Strachan gets the #1 gig and Frampton can backup.

All the NT boys are only young so maybe we're looking at them into the future?

We'd have to be considering it. You surely wouldn't go through the effort to convince them to move south to just fill out your squad.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
CrowinNT

Any mail or info on the 3 NT boys we've brought down to play in our SANFL development squad? Any contacts up there in the local footy that might be able to give you a run down? The little research I've done Jackson Cole sounds like a real player?
Yes two Centralian lads in there
I do not have any inside info other than what I have read about “Jacko” Cole seems to have been a defender as a junior

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Yes two Centralian lads in there
I do not have any inside info other than what I have read about “Jacko” Cole seems to have been a defender as a junior
NT footy guru Jackson Clark's assessment below after I PM'd him.

Beau is the most talented of the group. O'Connell is a quick and agile but lacks a bit of size. Could make a real impact. Cole and Foster both from Alice Springs and have shown potential but still have plenty of development left before making a consistent impact at SANFL level - it's a big step up from the Central Australia league.

And further to that

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
NT footy guru Jackson Clark's assessment below after I PM'd him.

Beau is the most talented of the group. O'Connell is a quick and agile but lacks a bit of size. Could make a real impact. Cole and Foster both from Alice Springs and have shown potential but still have plenty of development left before making a consistent impact at SANFL level - it's a big step up from the Central Australia league.

And further to that

Massive gap

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Not a bad effort by 19 year old Beau O'Connell to be joint winner with Brodie Filo of the Nichols medal the NTFL's Best and Fairest Award. Very much looking forward to running the peepers over him in the SANFL this season.
That’s good, that’s very good. Which Nichols are they talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back