2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is, that's why I said I was happy to add to the list (assuming we recruited an injured player)

But also happy to leave him out of the long list of not good enough.

However tempering by grumpiness by noting Berry and Schoenberg where drafted and played pretty much straight away
Schoenberg didn't play straight away, he spent half the season out of the side

If I recall it was another player where the entire state was calling for him to play before he got his chance
Do you also recall the lad himself saying he needed to work on his tank and that was his main focus?

No SANFL to get match fit either...

He wasn't fit enough.

Was an email to AA this morning suggesting hall from the eagles has been told to pack his bags. And will be suiting up for us next week?
Full back isn’t he?
Chris Hall is a outside player. Very skillful. He mat have been told bt the WWTFC coach that he may struggle to get a game as the club is promoting more youth. I would be more than happy to have him at the Crows. I suspect there must be a way he could play. The Weeds lad is playing for PA after playing the odd game for WWT last year.

Do you also recall the lad himself saying he needed to work on his tank and that was his main focus?

No SANFL to get match fit either...

He wasn't fit enough.
Absolutely, and on an individual level, I'm less critical.

But why is it AFC players on a broader scale that seem to need this?

Was an email to AA this morning suggesting hall from the eagles has been told to pack his bags. And will be suiting up for us next week?
Full back isn’t he?
Chris Hall is a midfielder that’s tough as nails, his grandpa was a magpies player

Chris Hall is a outside player. Very skillful. He mat have been told bt the WWTFC coach that he may struggle to get a game as the club is promoting more youth. I would be more than happy to have him at the Crows. I suspect there must be a way he could play. The Weeds lad is playing for PA after playing the odd game for WWT last year.
Was there a hall that was FB for the eagles 10 or so plus years ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember the good old day, where 1st round draftees played in the first few games? We need more Lance Picioane and Tom Gilligan, and less Patrick Dangerfield and Tom Doedee...

How far off is Cook from playing? Looking forward to seeing him in action.
I doubt we'll see him at AFL until at least mid 2022 and not at all in 2021, just my opinion. The lad's coming from a long way back having only come into the Panthers system late in 2019 from Happy Valley FC....and a full shoulder reco late 2020.

How far off is Cook from playing? Looking forward to seeing him in action.
I think Cook is going to be a fair way away from AFL. Obviously he has to get back to SANFL first.

My understanding is that he struggled with the dedication/commitment required in the early days and was read the riot act. Since then he has received a lot of praise from the coaches for his efforts, but there are still some aspects the club are working on with him.
I think this means he is a bit behind in terms of rehab and fitness, from where he could have been, so it may be a bit longer than expected before he's back playing at full capacity in the SANFL.

I think Cook is going to be a fair way away from AFL. Obviously he has to get back to SANFL first.

My understanding is that he struggled with the dedication/commitment required in the early days and was read the riot act. Since then he has received a lot of praise from the coaches for his efforts, but there are still some aspects the club are working on with him.
I think this means he is a bit behind in terms of rehab and fitness, from where he could have been, so it may be a bit longer than expected before he's back playing at full capacity in the SANFL.

is there anything to suggest this is true? I don’t know, but haven’t heard this before

I have no idea if what you are saying is true.

But it would be a very AFC thing to have happened.

I have no idea if what you are saying is true.

But it would be a very AFC thing to have happened.
I'm pretty certain it's true (a good source).

I'm actually really impressed by what the club have done. Remember he's a very young kid, coming from a late to footy start. He's not a 100% all the time footy head like Rowell.
He wasn't really applying himself to the standard expected. It was pointed out to him in no uncertain terms. He responded and so the club have really acknowledged this and supported him. There is still some way to go, and a few steps (and maybe some changes) to go, but he's on the right track. Remember they see Cook as a long term prospect, not so much for this year.

I doubt we'll see him at AFL until at least mid 2022 and not at all in 2021, just my opinion. The lad's coming from a long way back having only come into the Panthers system late in 2019 from Happy Valley FC....and a full shoulder reco late 2020.
If true it sounds like a typical rough pick from Hamish. I suppose it worked with McPherson but it was frustrating waiting for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back