2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
True... but I have a right to be worried about our selection policy in rebuild mode missing opportunities to give games to our young talent.
We had 14 players under 50 games last week. Compared to a side like Essendon we're running 6 months older, which is due to us playing 6 players with 150+ games experience compared to their 2. They're going with 13 players under 50 games, we're giving plenty of opportunities to younger players currently. You can argue for a guy like Worrell to play, but much like last year there will be a bunch of guys who get a go through the year, just cause it's not happening straight away doesn't mean the year is a write off development wise.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your evidence is my passing on of comments made to me about Nigel Smart? That's it? Hahahaha ok Sure. And since you don't seem all that smart - I passed on comments made to me about Smart. I said that I believed the person who said it. I didn't say it was fact.

ha ha ha. thanks, I needed that.

not that my case needed enhancing, but thank you.

This is information I have had confirmed. So, just a bit of a difference.

I've been on here since 2004, so yeh I think I have a long record.
It was 3, because there was 3 people who confirmed the story. One is a family member and two are from within the club.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't believe anything I have to tell you. More than happy for you to do it.

ooooooohhhhh.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
He can believe me or not. Doesn't seem like it needs an attack. Although it is interesting that the one and only issue he has is with comments made about Nigel Smart...

just funny that someone posts something so obviously made up as if they've got a big scoop.

your mate, if he exists, doesn't even realise that Nigel had nothing to do with the footy department or finance, so how did this (imaginary?) bloke who (allegedly) does work for many different clubs (no he doesn't) have much to do with Nigel at all?

I get that you and your mate are punching up, but calling Nigel the dumbest bloke that your mate claims to have met just indicates how junior, thick, imaginary (or all 3) he is. and you buying it is no better.

Nigel Smart is many things, he has (like most of us) his failings, but he is an intelligent man. you'd have to be very stupid to believe otherwise.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah crazy to get sucked in by good form at afl level in the worst year in the club's history.
Half a dozen games in how many years ?? He's no good.

Not saying Frampton is either, its clear he isnt. RT should be playing ahead of both of them.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
FJ MATTHEWSFRAMPTONWRIGHT
HFDAVISTHILTHORPEJONES
CLATCHFORDHATELYNEWCHURCH
HBMACKAYBORLASEMCASEY
BMERRETTMURRAYHALL
RUCKSTRACHANPEDLARO'CONNOR
INTER
MARINI
CLARKE
L MATTHEWS
BOYLE

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Berg as AFL sub ??

I'd be stunned if Frampton and he were swapped

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
So you are honestly happy with Frampton's form?

Do you really believe everything coaches say?
This is a really good point. One of the things that came out of watching "Making Their Mark" was the completely different messaging that went on internally and externally within the clubs. Coaches would always back the players publicly, with the external messaging. Internally, they were much more blunt and honest.

Short version... take everything the coaches say publicly with a grain of salt. They're only marginally more honest than politicians when it comes to the external messaging, and we all know how to tell when a politician is lying - their lips are moving.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Like I said the coaches are obviously satisfied and unlike us they know his KPI's.

Meanwhile Himmelberg obviously hasn't met their KPI's.
Coaches aren't necessarily satisfied - I don't know how they possibly could be, given that he was literally worse than useless last week.

They may, however, see no viable alternative in the SANFL at present. Berg has been awful, and clearly isn't meeting their KPIs (as you noted). TT still has aspects of his game that they want him to work on, as they keep telling us every time they're asked.

Frampton is staying in the side right now by default, not through form demanding selection.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Half a dozen games in how many years ?? He's no good.

Not saying Frampton is either, its clear he isnt. RT should be playing ahead of both of them.

You are literally saying that a 22 year old KPF's last 6 AFL games (out of a total of 19) were good, yet he is no good.

I'm not saying he'll be a good player, I'm just gobsmacked how anyone can write him off based on what he showed last year and given there is no evidence to go by this year at afl level.

Clearly something happened in the off season.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
You are literally saying that a 22 year old KPF's last 6 AFL games (out of a total of 19) were good, yet he is no good.

I'm not saying he'll be a good player, I'm just gobsmacked how anyone can write him off based on what he showed last year and given there is no evidence to go by this year at afl level.

Clearly something happened in the off season.
Wrote him off before that TBH and whilst those games gave me hope, it appears hes reverted to type.

Berg as AFL sub ??

I'd be stunned if Frampton and he were swapped

If we're talking about Lynch having an injured toe, the sub will be Fogarty.

Whilst I'd rather Mackay in the SANFL than the best 22, it's quite irritating we're refusing to make him the permanent sub.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
If we're talking about Lynch having an injured toe, the sub will be Fogarty.

Whilst I'd rather Mackay in the SANFL than the best 22, it's quite irritating we're refusing to make him the permanent sub.
It's unlikely that he's ever going to be the sub, given that the AFC (along with most of the other clubs) is seeing it as a development position, and continually selecting "emerging" youngsters in the role.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wrote him off before that TBH and whilst those games gave me hope, it appears hes reverted to type.
Based off 1 Sanfl game? I watched his pre season games and he was fine. If Frampton didn't have a good pre season I would have expected him to play round 1 instead of staying in the reserves.

I don't know why you wouldn't at least give him some time in the reserves in a semi competitive team before writing him off.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Based off 1 Sanfl game? I watched his pre season games and he was fine. If Frampton didn't have a good pre season I would have expected him to play round 1 instead of staying in the reserves.

I don't know why you wouldn't at least give him some time in the reserves in a semi competitive team before writing him off.
His PS games were awful, and his game last week was equally so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back