2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowman32

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
ADELAIDE
A step in the right direction for jones today. Great first half.

Fog - loved his work at the clearances and the way he gets on the move at the stppoage. It would be good if he could find more uncontested ball

Oconnor - thought he was really good in the midfield

Worrell - another good game, time for a run in the afl side.

Mcasey - does what he has to do but love to see him get more involved in the game. I actually prefer him up forward.

B.Cook - really disappointed with him today. Walks around too much and didnt get involved in the game at all.

Strauchan - good game from the big fella.

Newchurch - really like him but like cook needs to get more involved.

He really has been building from the get go. Today he really waved a flag for possible selection consideration

That's very promising to hear. With Hately not setting the world alight at the moment, it does open up an opportunity for a "Greenwood" like player to enter our midfield set up. I'm also a sucker for big midfielders to provide that point of difference to sides.

Whilst I'm not pulling the trigger yet, I'll be watching with some serious interest. Seems to be nicely building into a run at selection.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That's very promising to hear. With Hately not setting the world alight at the moment, it does open up an opportunity for a "Greenwood" like player to enter our midfield set up. I'm also a sucker for big midfielders to provide that point of difference to sides.

Whilst I'm not pulling the trigger yet, I'll be watching with some serious interest. Seems to be nicely building into a run at selection.
He's worth a punt soon I reckon

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Get some players back from injury in the 2nd half of the season, this side should be reasonably competitive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think his problem is fat, I think it's just excess muscle bulk. His genetics mean that he's built like an ox. It's going to be very hard for him to change that. There is an AFL footballer inside his body, but it's hidden under at least 5-10kg of excess muscle bulk.
Modify weight program like Cripps?

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That triggy poster is a troll.

I missed most of the 1st quarter. Would have easily lost if not for Wright and Jackson.

Thought Jones was classy with the ball and started to find more of it. Looks a lot different playing that role.

Fog had good positioning in the midfield and was good at centre clearances. At least we're persisting with the role. He blasted away a few times though when I would have liked him to lower his eyes.

Worrell was good and bad I reckon. Good in the air but had a few brain fades. Would still get him in though.

O'Connor was probably our best mid. He had a good game but I can't see him bringing anything to afl level especially in our blue collar midfield.

Latchford and Mathews bring the only quality of our top ups. Both could be in with a chance of being picked up imo. Really liked Matthews before he did his knee.

Newchurch was woeful. He's not even close to Sanfl level let alone afl.

Davis got easily beaten up forward.

Didn't notice cook out there much.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
It's doesn't have to die. But it's not particularly relevant.
Nor is Aussie Rules to the vast majority of people in the world, for you it is, just as the SANFL is for those that still love their club and a league without the tinsel, glitter and bull$hit that goes with following the AFL.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
He really has been building from the get go. Today he really waved a flag for possible selection consideration

oooo someone’s name went fancy

Speed is not something our current midfield is blessed with.

the closest our midfield came to speed is when Brouch & Stengle had a night on the town last summer

Get some players back from injury in the 2nd half of the season, this side should be reasonably competitive

grrr reasonably competitive

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Nor is Aussie Rules to the vast majority of people in the world, for you it is, just as the SANFL is for those that still love their club and a league without the tinsel, glitter and bull$hit that goes with following the AFL.
Sure. And the North Pilbara Football League is important to that community too.

I'm not saying the SANFL or TFL or WAFL should go out of business. I'm saying they're not as relevant or important as they were 40 years ago.

They're a part of the fabric of minor and local leagues that support the viability of the true professional league.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Modify weight program like Cripps?
That would be a good starting point. Easing off the protein shakes and weight room sessions would be another step in the right direction.

His physique is clearly genetic, which is going to make it really hard for him to release the superstar footballer within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back