2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sounds like Jones was good down back.

Worst thing we could do is bring him in staright away. Let him back it up for a few more weeks and get confident, then bring him in. Not as a small forward or wing, but the role is playing in the SANFL.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jones was good for 3 qtrs but was quiet in the last when the game was there to be won

With that said it was a good step forward and agree He need sto show a month of solid footy before considered for AFL selection

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Jones was good for 3 qtrs but was quiet in the last when the game was there to be won

With that said it was a good step forward and agree He need sto show a month of solid footy before considered for AFL selection

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They sat someone on him in the 2nd half.

Something he's probably not had to deal with before in senior footy.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I didn't think Fischer was that good today at all, certainly nowhere near as good as last week. Borlase was pretty ordinary again today as well.

If I was rating our players today Daniel Jackson and Matty Wright would have been right up at the pointy end.

Those 2 aside my ratings would be..

1. Josh Worrell
2. Ronin O'Connor
3. Chayce Jones
4. Darcy Fogarty
5. Keiran Strachan
6. Billy Frampton
7. Fischer McAsey
8. James Borlase
9. Tariek Newchurch
10. Brayden Cook
11. Ben Davis

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I didn't think Fischer was that good today at all, certainly nowhere near as good as last week. Borlase was pretty ordinary again today as well.

If I was rating our players today Daniel Jackson and Matty Wright would have been right up at the pointy end.

Those 2 aside my ratings would be..

1. Josh Worrell
2. Ronin O'Connor
3. Chayce Jones
4. Darcy Fogarty
5. Keiran Strachan
6. Billy Frampton
7. Fischer McAsey
8. James Borlase
9. Tariek Newchurch
10. Brayden Cook
11. Ben Davis
That’s about right but I do t rate
Newchurch
Ben Davis ?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
That’s about right but I do t rate
Newchurch
Ben Davis ?
Ben Davis?

He was putrid today, definitely not the game of a player playing for his AFL career.

Newchurch is miles off AFL if we're being serious, shedloads of talent but he got a long way to go to realise that potential.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ben Davis?

He was putrid today, definitely bot the game of a player playing for his AFL career.

Newchurch is miles off AFL if we're being serious, shedloads of talent but he got a long way to go to realise that potential.

I didn't know that Ben Davis was playing until he and McAsey switched in the last quarter. Then, he looked very cool and impressive in defence, while McAsey looked better in attack. It looks like noone knows where it's best to play yet.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I didn't know that Ben Davis was playing until he and McAsey switched in the last quarter. Then, he looked very cool and impressive in defence, while McAsey looked better in attack. It looks like noone knows where it's best to play yet.
It's called the Godden effect

Strange in that Ben Davis looked half decent in defence in the trial games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was listed as 1-2 weeks away in the club's injury report. Same thing happened a month ago. He must go alright with his rehab.

Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did you watch today's game or were you watching an earlier game, because Jones was good today and show some of the potential we should expect,
Yes I watched today, as I did at Adelaide oval yesterday where I watched from the stands.
The same stand that Jones was in,
Ask yourself why Jones was in the stand and why he can't get a game in that team.. did you see our midfield yesterday ? Rubbish.

Chayce played sanfl today and did ok.

You can be happy with that, no worries.
I'm not.

We aren't talking about a rookie pick here he's a
Top 10 pick with 3 years of development.
He walked in the door with elite fitness, that alone should see him averaging 20+ possessions a game at sanfl level.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
How's John Casey screaming "YES!" after the siren? Peter McKenna would be proud of such blatant barracking.

He is a stain on football commentary in the state. No redeeming features, at least Dwayne's one liners are somewhat entertaining. Casey only has 'makes no mistake' and 'goes to work'.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes I watched today, as I did at Adelaide oval yesterday where I watched from the stands.
The same stand that Jones was in,
Ask yourself why Jones was in the stand and why he can't get a game in that team.. did you see our midfield yesterday ? Rubbish.

Chayce played sanfl today and did ok.

You can be happy with that, no worries.
I'm not.

We aren't talking about a rookie pick here he's a
Top 10 pick with 3 years of development.
He walked in the door with elite fitness, that alone should see him averaging 20+ possessions a game at sanfl level.
What are you happy with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back