2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last game of the SANFL next week. What sort of side will the crows field after mad Monday and b/f. They should in my opinion load the side with the best available to show what the a good team can do.

Last game of the SANFL next week. What sort of side will the crows field after mad Monday and b/f. They should in my opinion load the side with the best available to show what the a good team can do.
I hope we play anyone who qualifies. It's all about getting games into our list currently.

Who are we allowed to pick?

Is anyone who played against the Kangaroos ineligible? Including Rowe the unused sub

I suggested this earlier in the year. I would trial in the preseason next year if he gets another gig.
I think he should get another year. However, Newchurch I’m not sure as there has been no improvement in his game. Another preseason could be good for Borlase.

How do you have a game after the best and fairest? Guess we can't pick anyone who might get enough votes to overtake Strachan....
Or are we doing a team Jacobs? Just decided not to bother with the last game?
This is weird.

On moto g(9) play using BigFooty.com mobile app
Incredibly odd and awkward.
Do we bother risking Hamill? Gollant can't play because he played the last game. Strachan the same. Rowe as well. Is that right?

We could genuinely pick about 6 AFL listed players and field an amateur Div 4 level team. It's insane.

Incredibly odd and awkward.
Do we bother risking Hamill? Gollant can't play because he played the last game. Strachan the same. Rowe as well. Is that right?

We could genuinely pick about 6 AFL listed players and field an amateur Div 4 level team. It's insane.

Wouldn't be surprised if we fielded the entire development squad and no AFL players

Can you imagine?? The SANFL would have a massive dummy spit about the integrity of the league.
We would also probably lose by 35 goals.

Why would they have a dummy spit? It's their rules that mean more than half our available SANFL players are development guys that can barely cut it at SANFL level.

If they don't like it, maybe they should allow our SANFL squad to have better players

Just "manage" the AFL guys with "soreness" for the pre-season

Why would they have a dummy spit? It's their rules that mean more than half our available SANFL players are development guys that can barely cut it at SANFL level.

If they don't like it, maybe they should allow our SANFL squad to have better players

Just "manage" the AFL guys with "soreness" for the pre-season
Oh I agree with you 100%. But logic and the SANFL don't always go hand in hand. And yes, I would be very reluctant to play any of our listed players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our listed juniors (minus any with injury issues) should ALL be playing. They need the reps.

Oh I agree with you 100%. But logic and the SANFL don't always go hand in hand. And yes, I would be very reluctant to play any of our listed players.

I'd do it just to expose the SANFL's typical dumb bullshit. They would 100% crack the shits and I'd be here for it

How do you have a game after the best and fairest? Guess we can't pick anyone who might get enough votes to overtake Strachan....
Or are we doing a team Jacobs? Just decided not to bother with the last game?
This is weird.

On moto g(9) play using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pretty sure they said nobody could overtake Strachan.

F: B. Cook, Borlase, Gollant
HF: Sholl, Wright, Rowe
C: Newchurch, Berry, Marini
HB: Hamill, McAsey, Worrell
B: Parnell, B. Davis, Murray

R: Strachan, O’Connor, O. Davis

INT: Lewis, J. Cook, Kernahan, Boyle

Not a bad looking side.

ADELAIDE

Adelaide has significantly strengthened its team for its final game of the season against Norwood at The Parade.

James Rowe, Will Hamill, Brayden Cook, Ben Davis, Lachlan Gollant and Kieran Strachan all return to play key roles against the Redlegs.

Their inclusion has forced development players Riley Clamp, Sam Renney, Sam Tharaldsen, Max Hodges, Ben Salt, Oliver Clarke and Sam Kennedy out of the squad.

League

F: B. Cook, Borlase, Gollant

HF: Sholl, Wright, Rowe

C: Newchurch, Berry, Marini

HB: Hamill, McAsey, Worrell

B: Parnell, B. Davis, Murray

R: Strachan, O’Connor, O. Davis

INT: Lewis, J. Cook, Kernahan, Boyle

IN: B. Cook, Hamill, Rowe, B. Davis, Gollant, Strachan, J. Cook

OUT: Clamp, Tharaldsen, Hodges, Salt, Renney, Kennedy, Clarke

strong side.
I thought there was some rule that as long as our players had played a fair amount of games, maybe a half or third of the years games they could come back in even if they played the last game in the afl.

Borlase full forward is interesting.
Surely the only rules would be for SANFL finals

Culturally very good that all are playing when they've been on leave for two weeks.

No Jacobs etc bullshit.

Subtle good sign
Not sure there’s too much to read into this. They are kids with something to prove. No comparison to Jacobs who was a 200 gamer with a contract at a different club for the next season.

If Matt was playing I’d agree with you, but I guess he’s still injured.

Not sure there’s too much to read into this. They are kids with something to prove. No comparison to Jacobs who was a 200 gamer with a contract at a different club for the next season.

If Matt was playing I’d agree with you, but I guess he’s still injured.

Even then though I suspect in prior years many of those kids would rest on perceived laurels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back