2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow.. thats some pretty awesome changes for us and powa in the SANFL really…

gives guys like tex the opportunity to become player/coach onfield types after they finish up their AFL careers..

and fewer top ups means a much more competitive side which helps the youth develop.

the stand rule in the AFL is an absolute joke of a rule but bringing it into the SANFL actually helps our youth get used to having to play by it prior so thats a good thing.

now all we need is the umpiring not to be totally biased towards the traditional SANFL sides when playing against us.. its just downright disgusting most of the time.. blatant cheating.
The umpiring helps the kids prepare for what's gonna happen in the AFL too...

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can see Tex wanting to but the club being willing to completely move on after next year.

Sloane might, but not without a coaching gig on the side.
I hope the SANFL team develops strongly enough to make Sloane and Tex fight for their AFL positions. Or back to the SANFL they go.
Unlikely, based on selection history but I really want to see immense pressure from below on them both. 2022 looks the most pressured selection battle for many years. IMO 😁

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Tex and Sloane have fairly battered bodies. I reckon retirement will be a relief when it eventually happens. Someone like Smith might go around in the SANFL though.
They might have battered AFL bodies but they'll be good enough to play high quality SANFL footy if they want to.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably not, I'd.say Tex will head back home

Sloane comes across as the type to throw the family in the car and hit the road with a caravan setup and surfboard for a year. He'll have plenty of opportunity when he returns, whether SA or VIC. Missus' father's family are 3rd generation broken hill, I don't think any have gone back since getting out. 1 did via a quirk in the healthcare system where his lad's rare issue couldn't be dealt with or something like that in WA. But he went back to WA as soon as the quirk disappeared. I can understand wanting to head home for a bit of mental refreshment, but it wouldn't take long to turn to boredom.

Tex and Sloane have fairly battered bodies. I reckon retirement will be a relief when it eventually happens. Someone like Smith might go around in the SANFL though.

Tex is more likely than Smith to go around in the SANFL again imho, you can certainly still see the lad who still loves Adelaide in him. Whether we want him too or not is another question.

Smith strikes me as one of the least likely. Like once he's done at the AFL, he's done, types.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Unless you were getting paid for Coaching, there is no way a 10-year Crows player would play Reserves for the Crows. Go to a proper SANFL club and aim for a premiership in a proper club environment. The Crows Reserves aren't a team many would want to play for.
Perhaps the Eagles where the salary cap doesn't apply.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
This probably explains why

Still thinks he can get back in the AFL, signing with us will prevent that.

Utterly delusional. He wasn't some superstar. A slightly above average player who is past his best. An AFL team would have to be mad to even consider him.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Apparently the WWT Eagles player Thomas Schmusch turned down an offer from Mick Godden to suit up for our SANFL team in favour of playing ammos for Port Districts..

SANFL defender Tom Schmusch has decided to call time at the Eagles and join his old Adelaide Footy League division one club Port District, despite keen interest from the Crows.
The 22-year-old key defender, who came up through SA’s state sides and was touted as a draft possibility before beginning at the Eagles, turned down an approach from Adelaide SANFL coach Michael Godden in favour of an amateur footy move.

Schmusch had been in and out of the Eagles’ league team and said he wanted to take a break from the non-stop nature of the state league.

Thomas Schmusch has left the Eagles to join Port District despite interest from the Crows.

Thomas Schmusch has left the Eagles to join Port District despite interest from the Crows.
“Love the Eagles, the club and its people, but last season I probably wasn’t playing the footy I would have liked to and I wasn’t enjoying it much which was reflected in my play,” Schmusch said.

“Training and games covering five nights a week is a massive commitment and it became a little bit of a chore to be honest.

“Godden called me and wanted me out there (Adelaide) but I turned it down. There might be that option in the future but right now I’m looking forward to starting at Port.”

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Mackay's off to coach school football in Victoria isn't he?
Didn't think he would move back TBH, still considering a SANFL role at South and a school role here.

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lynch's house sold on weekend. I am sure i read Mackay was returning home from the SANFL website or a newspaper article who were definitive on this move back to Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back