2nds AFC 2022 SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Not sure Lefty watches games.
I note that he kicked well against WWT, but I’m not sure it’s transferable to AFL footy. It’s very much, stop, think, carefully line himself up and then kick 45m forward.

In the time that he takes to do that following a mark/free, any forward target will be covered. If not a mark/free in a play-on situation then he just scrambles it forward or gets caught. Plus his hand passing is poor. He can’t handpass it 15m to the advantage of an outside runner.

Too good for SANFL by a long way, but not skilled enough or agile enough for AFL.

However if dry this week I’d play both Strachan and ROB so that we can go hard in ruck all game and have a bit more forward & defensive marking power (at the expensive of a 6 possession per game defensive forward).

Ballenden was the SA state game ruckman.
Harry Boyd was actually. Ballenden had 5 hit outs. Boyd has been the dominant ruckman this year. Crows and Norwood play friday night so ROB V Boyd match up this week. Unkess he comes into the AFL of course

Last edited:

Harry Boyd was actually. Ballenden had 5 hit outs. Boyd has been the dominant ruckman this year. Crows and Norwood play friday night so ROB V Boyd match up this week. Unkess he comes into the AFL of course
If I was picking a ruckman from the SANFL to be a great back up ruck for us young former Eastern Ranges/Frankston/Central Districts ruck Billy McCormack would be my pick, only 21 and very athletic with good skills, actually plays like a 4th midfielder with his follow up work. Tested exceptionally well for a big unit at the Vic State Combine several years ago with a 3.02 20m, 8.36 agility run and a 87cm running vertical jump.

Perhaps Worrell spent too much time with Tex?
Just had it brought to my attention by Jeffcrowe Nankervis is not listed either.

If that was the case they usually put it as out with Health and safety protocols on the Snaffle site.

Just had it brought to my attention by Jeffcrowe Nankervis is not listed either.

If that was the case they usually put it as out with Health and safety protocols on the Snaffle site.
Would have to be illness or injury as we would not be dropping either.

Would have to be illness or injury as we would not be dropping either.
Surely if that was the case it would be on the sheet they supplied to the SANFL and the media?

Norwood v Adelaide | Coopers Stadium | 7:40pm | SANFL Now | 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

NORWOOD

IN: Panos, Seymour, Kennerley, Stockdale, Binder

OUT: Taheny (Hamstring), Graham

ADELAIDE

IN: Lewis, Clamp, Sholl, Marshman, Strachan, McKenzie, Hutchens

OUT: Crouch (AFL), Cook (AFL), Milera (AFL), Himmelberg (AFL), O’Brien (AFL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Named on the Emergency List for the senior team, will get added to the SANFL team if he's not the one selected as the final Emergency player.
Where is Worrell/Nankervis. Not names as outs in the SANFl. Is this just a miss or have they been banned. Not good for Worrell if hes been naughty again.

Where is Worrell/Nankervis. Not names as outs in the SANFl. Is this just a miss or have they been banned. Not good for Worrell if hes been naughty again.
Going by the way we overreact to everything, he's probably been suspended two weeks for leaving the lid off the milk

Surely if that was the case it would be on the sheet they supplied to the SANFL and the media?

Norwood v Adelaide | Coopers Stadium | 7:40pm | SANFL Now | 1629 SEN SA & SEN App

NORWOOD

IN: Panos, Seymour, Kennerley, Stockdale, Binder

OUT: Taheny (Hamstring), Graham

ADELAIDE

IN: Lewis, Clamp, Sholl, Marshman, Strachan, McKenzie, Hutchens

OUT: Crouch (AFL), Cook (AFL), Milera (AFL), Himmelberg (AFL), O’Brien (AFL)
Panos back after a huge run of injuries.

Hasn't really set the world alight in the 2s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back