2nds AFC 2022 SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Far out #2 Pedlar and Cook are everywhere at the start of games and are nowhere by the end. Need a lot more fitness I'd say.

Fish paid the least worthy of about 10 free kicks.

Strachany playing really well. I'm aleady convinced we should run two ruckmen.
Or how about we just play the 1 in form.

We stayed after the AFL to watch the Twos, it’s been a while since I’ve seen them in the flesh.

My thought FWIW;

Newchurch; I watched him closely (spent a lot of time on the bench). He’s ready for a crack in the AFL!!!

Frampton, Himmelberg, Strachan and Crouch; A level above SANFL, will all be on an AFL list next year (will we keep 2, 1 or none).

Cook; started strongly, flashes of class but then drops out of the game. Needs a huge pre-season and will never look back.

Hately; a good inside mid but has 5 or 6 players in front of him.

Pedlar; refer to Cook

Borlase; Solid game as usual, not sure if we keep him.

Taylor; looked a bit scrappy but will push hard for a spot next year.

Sholl; OK but not demanding selection.

Turner; looked like he was not quite right (groin?). I suspect it will be a three month stint.

Davis; looked good. Might get a rookie spot somewhere.

McAsey; Oh dear.

We stayed after the AFL to watch the Twos, it’s been a while since I’ve seen them in the flesh.

My thought FWIW;

Newchurch; I watched him closely (spent a lot of time on the bench). He’s ready for a crack in the AFL!!!

Frampton, Himmelberg, Strachan and Crouch; A level above SANFL, will all be on an AFL list next year (will we keep 2, 1 or none).

Cook; started strongly, flashes of class but then drops out of the game. Needs a huge pre-season and will never look back.

Hately; a good inside mid but has 5 or 6 players in front of him.

Pedlar; refer to Cook

Borlase; Solid game as usual, not sure if we keep him.

Taylor; looked a bit scrappy but will push hard for a spot next year.

Sholl; OK but not demanding selection.

Turner; looked like he was not quite right (groin?). I suspect it will be a three month stint.

Davis; looked good. Might get a rookie spot somewhere.

McAsey; Oh dear.
Gollant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newchurch can be very frustrating. He has the habit of rushing up to an oppo who is about to get the ball and then pulling right up and waiting to see what he is going to do with it! How about continuing the rush and making contact?
Yep seen this many times and it stands out like a beacon and makes him looks soft as . This is main reason he isn’t being given games

There was no mention of Newchurch’s injury on the match report on the club website.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bit late to the party but stuck around and watched the game after the AFL.

Fish should've had so many free kicks it's ridiculous how much he gets blocked, held and tunnelled with nothing from the umpires.

Bergs hands were good.

Taylor looked solid, would like to get some games into him.

Newchurch glimpses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back