hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That's the key point, there are some good SANFL ruckman but the difference in standard in Ruck is bigger than anywhere else on the ground.
Yup his fitness is ridiculous which allows him to cover more ground and be stronger at every contest

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Tell us more re Pedlar ! ?

He’s only done it in sanfl company though
Well for that matter so has Strachan.

Strachan has had plenty of dominant games at Snaffle level against mostly suburban level rucks too but nothing really quite like ROB's obliteration of a pretty decent ruck in Connor Ballenden last night.

Next week's selections will rest a lot on Strachan's game against Ryder and Marshall tonight...I think he will need to be very competitive to retain his spot,?

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
ROB…

Doing his best impersonation of billy frampton..

Dominates at sanfl level… shite at AFL level.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
How was ROBS actual ruckwork? Ignoring his around the ground stuff which is nice but expected by a supposed fitness freak.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Still tapped a fair few right down the throats of eagles midfielders..

His marking around the ground and, surprisingly, his field kicking and kicking for goals were top shelf.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
How was ROBS actual ruckwork? Ignoring his around the ground stuff which is nice but expected by a supposed fitness freak.

His ruckwork was similar to Afl level. Tbh I don't think ROB and Strachan are great rucks and we should be looking around for an upgrade. Hopefully Thilthorpe also develops into a Max Gawn type that can also play up forward.

Last edited:
Good on ROB. That's what you'd want to see. He certainly deserved to be dropped on his AFL performances though.
Hopefully Strachan does well tonight, but personally I'd still stick with the plan of giving him 3 or 4 to find his feet at the level.

Hopefully ROB takes confidence from this, and can come back to the firsts in form if he's required. Might be the circuit breaker he needed?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
That's the key point, there are some good SANFL ruckman but the difference in standard in Ruck is bigger than anywhere else on the ground.
These good ruckman on the SANFL in 2022?

Harry Boyd would be the only one that might have some claims to getting an AFL shot IMO.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good on ROB. That's what you'd want to see. He certainly deserved to be dropped on his AFL performances though.
Hopefully Strachan does well tonight, but personally I'd still stick with the plan of giving him 3 or 4 to find his feet at the level.

Hopefully ROB takes confidence from this, and can come back to the firsts in form if he's required. Might be the circuit breaker he needed?
Yep like to see Straughan play 3 minimum , if he stays at the level of last week in those games he likely gets dropped

Really interested to see how Thilthorpe goes in the ruck , I think he’s potentially our future 1st ruck

Would be interesting if we recruited a Lemmey or Scully and they played ruck/ forward tandem for years to come

Unfort we need multiple 1st round picks for to get some mids too

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yep like to see Straughan play 3 minimum , if he stays at the level of last week in those games he likely gets dropped

Really interested to see how Thilthorpe goes in the ruck , I think he’s potentially our future 1st ruck

Would be interesting if we recruited a Lemmey or Scully and they played ruck/ forward tandem for years to come

Unfort we need multiple 1st round picks for to get some mids too
Don't know how closely you've watched Lemmey or Scully but they're not ruckmen just like Himmelberg and Frampton aren't competitive AFL rucks.

Harry Barnett however I think could play Ruck/key position of the SA talls.

Will Verrall is the tall flying under the radar currently of the SA lads.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Don't know how closely you've watched Lemmey or Scully but they're not ruckmen just like Himmelberg and Frampton aren't competitive AFL rucks.

Lit of talk about Will last year, the other 2 have taken over

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Relief ruck , if Silvagni can do it they can do 20-25%

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lit of talk about Will last year, the other 2 have taken over
Not really Shorty, Verrall had a late start to the season was managing osteo pubis during preseason.
Played forward when he resumed and has only gone into the ruck again the past couple of weeks as his fitness gets up to speed.

finn

All Australian
May 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
norwood, adelaide uni
what the hell has happened to shoey???..

just atrocious..

has he had some personal issues outside the game or something that has taken his mind completely off it?.. looks to be running at half pace and not really interested so he’s barely SANFL standard. our top up Boyle is ten times the player shoey currently is.

had so many high hopes for him this year… so disappointing.
To me, it looks like he’s trying to over kick the ball - make them lasers rather than letting his timing do the work

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rob needs to do that a few more times before coming in.

It begs the question, if he just needed a rocket by being dropped, why didn't we do this much much earlier?

Not sure what you mean, he was very good against Richmond and the Bulldogs and then was dropped after a horrible game against Carlton where Silvani beat him a few time in the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back