2nds AFC 2022 SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
How do you say that before Strachan has even played today, nice way of showing faith
You would hope it takes more than o r good game for ROB to force his way back into the 1’s.

If not you can only guess how disillusioned guys like Parnell and Worrell will become after stringing half a dozen good games together and not getting a sniff.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
You would hope it takes more than o r good game for ROB to force his way back into the 1’s.

If not you can only guess how disillusioned guys like Parnell and Worrell will become after stringing half a dozen good games together and not getting a sniff.
Parnell and Worrell haven't yet been proven as AFL players and not a B&F player. ROB has shown he is but hasn't been his best this year.

Last edited:

There's no way we aren't bringing him straight back. Strachan could have 60 hitouts and he'd still get dropped

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So how far off is Newchurch ?

Legitimate chance?
Not as good as his last game, kicked his two goals within a minute at the start of the last quarter. Id still be giving him a run, I thought he might come in this week for Sir Doug Nicholls round.

Oct 8, 2004
Woodside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Eagles(SANFL)
So had Strachan.

Rob didnt just beat the best SANFL ruckman. He obliterated him.
Ballenden is a fill in ruckman because the Eagles two main ruckman have been injured all season. He was recruited as a key forward for the Eagles.

O’Brien is still uncoordinated and nothing more than an admirable workhorse.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Ballenden is a fill in ruckman because the Eagles two main ruckman have been injured all season. He was recruited as a key forward for the Eagles.

O’Brien is still uncoordinated and nothing more than an admirable workhorse.
Jarrad Redden is a light of other days hence why they chased Ballenden.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Nice vote of confidence for Strachan there... basically saying he will be dropped next week for ROB. They should give him at least one more game after tonight to give him a chance to find his feet at the level before they send him back to the SANFL.
It's all up to Strachan tonight, has to at least be competitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
It's all up to Strachan tonight, has to at least be competitive.
We dropped ROB to find some form, I'd like to see him back it up for at least another week after his performance last night. That also then gives Strachan a 3 week block to show us if he up to it.

I agree that he needs to show a bit more tonight though.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
SANFL ruck form can be so misleading because the SANFL ruck quality is poo

I said this when Straunie was dominating, I say it again after ROB's game last night

With that said ROB got back to playing to his strengths last night and it puts pressure back in Straunie to perform

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
We dropped ROB to find some form, I'd like to see him back it up for at least another week after his performance last night. That also then gives Strachan a 3 week block to show us if he up to it.

I agree that he needs to show a bit more tonight though.
I would like to see ROB do it at AFL level. Whoever we play out of Strachan or ROB means that ruck is not going to be an advantage for us. As long as we go close to breaking even or not being flogged in this position then that's ok until we get a better ruck. The player on the long term deal is always going to get preferential treatment unless the club wants to trade out the long term contracted player.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
WTF. There is no such thing as regardless of opposition
I put forward the same argument as BACCS on Christmas Day when I peeled off a chanceless century in the backyard against my nieces and nephews

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Sitting pretty on top, thanks to North's win today. :)
North impressive today. Some immense tackling. Had us under pressure from Q2 onwards. Used the ball well in windy conditions too.

Bit of xfactor up forward. Nigel Lockyer from the NT an intriguing prospect. Took a couple of hangers plus launched a goal from 70m on the breeze. Wasn't in the play heaps but did some amazing things when he was.

Bauer a couple of really clean jumps at the footy. Clunked a couple of nice grabs. Didn't look that good one-on-one though and a couple of "floaty" set shots.

Aaron Young still kills it at that level. Combe in the middle too a very good SANFL footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back