Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2019/20 Main Competition Thread - Now with Poll!

Should the draft extend beyond 30 rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hits, Misses, Gambles and Steals - Rounds 1 to 5

No surprises in the first round. A disappointingly strong showing from all drafters

Gamble: Charlie Cameron at 19 by ShadeyP
He's electric, capable of ripping games to shreds. His best is match winning but as we know can be a bit hot and cold.

Hit: Stephen Coniglio at 23 by Pilchard_Adams
Could be a Brownlow medallist if he can put a full season together (which admittedly he's only done twice in his career so far). 17 votes from 15 games last season.

Steal: Lance Franklin at 33 by Coopers
If he can get on top of his injury troubles he's still one of the best 3 forwards in the competition. Big if but worth the risk at 33.

Miss: Devon Smith at 37 by Pea Nut
Decent player but a bit early I reckon. Injury has heavily impacted 3 of his past 4 seasons too.

Miss: Dion Prestia at 38 by deaneus
Solid footballer but there were better mids available IMHO

Steal: Tim Taranto at 42 by Scorpus
The Vic mids like Cripps and <redacted> get all the media but this guy is fast on his way to elite status. I reckon he'll be a first round pick next year.

Hit: Nick Haynes at 45 by Crow_68
An AA lock at 45 is shrewd business.

Steal: Toby Greene at 48 by 1990crow
Had a frustrating 2019 but his norm is top 20 worthy

Gamble: Joe Daniher at 51 by Freddy Bassett
Who knows where he'll be at after injury and an aborted trade to Sydney. Will his kicking yips be cured? A fit, in form Daniher is unstoppable and will go down as the pick of the draft.

Gamble: Aaron Naughton at 52 by Freddy 'Kenny Rogers' Bassett
Young key forwards are unpredictable as I found out the hard way last season. Naughton looks a beauty but improvement is rarely a straight line. Will he boom, bust or plateau?

Steal: Hugh McCluggage at 53 by ShadeyP
See Taranto. A star on the rise.

Steal: Ben Cunnington at 61 by Scorpus
This guy knows the rules, the scoring system and has a spreadsheet. Inside info that pays dividends with picks like this.

Gamble: Nic Naitanui at 62 by Donkey Magoo
We know what he can do but has had a wretched run. Massive upside but you'd want a decent back up

Steal: Isaac Heeney at 66 by Pea Nut
This guy should be a top 10 player. Quick, tough, good skills, can win the ball inside, can push forward and can take a contested grab. For some reason though he hasn't scaled the heights his talent warrants. But it's only a matter of time.

Hits: Phil Davies and 67 by Coopers and Jake Lloyd at 68 by Danger In Texas
High quality likely AA squad members at the end of the 4th round. Safe as houses.

Disappointingly Round 5 was solid drafting all round. That's when you're hoping posters head off on their own tangents and needs impact the order a bit more than talent. Maybe next round.

This is all very lovely and congratulatory, I was expecting a more brutal banter scenario.

It's lovely.
It's tempered a little because we vote on each other's teams at the end of the draft. Have to feign praise towards people's teams as they'll hold a grudge otherwise.

It's tempered a little because we vote on each other's teams at the end of the draft. Have to feign praise towards people's teams as they'll hold a grudge otherwise.
Oh, is that why they are all pretending to be nice to you on the forum, but in the DM's I get about you are quite horrible and graphic and transphobic.

:)

Oh, is that why they are all pretending to be nice to you on the forum, but in the DM's I get about you are quite horrible and graphic and transphobic.

:)
They also know that I'll infract them elsewhere for even minor indiscretions if they vote me down

Back