Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2019/20 Main Competition Thread - Now with Poll!

Should the draft extend beyond 30 rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Personally, I think two hours is fine on the weekend, and once most people are on Christmas holidays.

I think it should be four during work hours, with everyone trying their best to respond a lot quicker than that (texting the people who have the next pick, etc).

I also don't think we should start on a Monday.

Start Friday, so you get a good rhythm going through the weekend. On Monday, we're all back at work, and personally I just couldn't get near my computer or phone on the first day.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Personally, I think two hours is fine on the weekend, and once most people are on Christmas holidays.

I think it should be four during work hours, with everyone trying their best to respond a lot quicker than that (texting the people who have the next pick, etc).

Start Friday, so you get a good rhythm going through the weekend. On Monday, we're all back at work, and personally I just couldn't get near my computer or phone on the first day.

I find Mondays tough too.
I usually find weekends harder to get on bigfooty than weekdays.

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors

That may be the case for you, but not for everyone. It’s actually way easier for me to check during the week day. Weekends and the holidays I am a lot busier.

Everyone is busy at different times. That's why it's possible to send through preferences.

For example, this morning we were about to take pick 29. If you were deaneus and knew you had pick 31, it's pretty likely you'd have to pick in the next few hours once the clock starts. So if you were going to be busy, the best option is just sending through a few preferences the night before or in the morning. Simple.

roo2macca did exactly that this morning. It effectively allows you to pick when it suits you, provided you have clear preferences.

The other option is I can message you via email or SMS and you can pick that way.

If none of those things are suitable I'm not sure why you'd want to play because you must be pretty busy

Round 3 is complete

35) Danger in Texas - Josh Kennedy (West Coast)
36) Coopers - Brad Crouch (Adelaide)
37) Pea Nut - Devon Smith (Essendon)
38) deaneus - Dion Prestia (Richmond)
39) roo2macca - Shannon Hurn (West Coast)
40) skam85 - Josh Dunkley (Western Bulldogs)
41) Donkey Magoo - Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood)
42) Scorpus - Tim Taranto (GWS)
43) Danger Zone - Luke Shuey (West Coast)
44) FAITH - Rory Sloane (Adelaide)
45) Crow_68 - Nick Haynes (GWS)
46) Pilchard_Adams - Mark Blicavs (Geelong)
47) Mego Red - Jarrod Witts (Gold Coast)
48) 1990crow - Toby Greene (GWS)
49) Drugs Are Bad Mackay? - Rowan Marshall (St Kilda)
50) ShadeyP - Dylan Shiel (Essendon)
51) Freddy Bassett - Joe Daniher (Essendon)

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everyone is busy at different times. That's why it's possible to send through preferences.

For example, this morning we were about to take pick 29. If you were deaneus and knew you had pick 31, it's pretty likely you'd have to pick in the next few hours once the clock starts. So if you were going to be busy, the best option is just sending through a few preferences the night before or in the morning. Simple.

roo2macca did exactly that this morning. It effectively allows you to pick when it suits you, provided you have clear preferences.

The other option is I can message you via email or SMS and you can pick that way.

If none of those things are suitable I'm not sure why you'd want to play because you must be pretty busy
I didnt know all that. How many preferences are usually needed or usually sent through.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
0d033fb2-3040-44de-b23f-875ced89bb30.jpg

Pick 54: Michael Hurley (Essendon)

1990crow

I didnt know all that. How many preferences are usually needed or usually sent through.

Depends. Most people send the number of picks between the current pick and their pick. So if you're 3 away, send through 3 picks in order.

Last year there was one time someone was 7-8 picks away, I got 5 preferences and all 5 were taken ahead of time.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We had 3 hours as a time limit for a while but the days dragged a bit too much. Two hours means it keeps moving, even if a couple of people get trampled along the way.

Since we've gone to two hours each year has been the same. A few whinges the first few rounds, then we all settle into a rhythm and the game sails on without incident.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Yeah 2 hours is about the right amount, if you leave too long in between picks the game can get stale quick and people can lose interest, especially if there’s multiple skips in a row

Prefer some moaning about not having enough pick time rather than the game dying out halfway through

Back