Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2019/20 Main Competition Thread - Now with Poll!

Should the draft extend beyond 30 rounds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ShadeyP

Best pick: Jack Macrae
Worst pick: Dylan Shiel

Top 5 spot built on the back of the most B&F placings of any team, indicating great depth and excellent mid-round selections. Most top picks did reasonably well, although Charlie Cameron failing to back up his AA year hurt, as did only a mediocre year from Dylan Shiel. Noah Balta with pick 461 was a steal

skam85

Best pick: Patrick Dangerfield
Worst pick: James Sicily

Dangerfield always scores highly and is a safe bet, but also saw a few high scores from players like Gunston and Jayden Short. Sicily's injury robbed this team of more award power, as did Josh Dunkley's less impressive year than last year. A couple of things going right and this team would have been further up the ladder

Had a bit of a down year unfortunately. Too many small injuries across all my high picks prevented them from scoring well. Was pleased with the second half of my draft at least. I did however correctly have 4 of the top 5 teams in my top 5 in the voting, so that is something.

Good work getting this together Scorpus and I'm keen for next year!

Awesome game, thanks for the efforts. Well done to the top 3 place getters!! Thanks Scorpus , was good fun.

Damn that Ben Brown!!

Congrats to the winners and podium sitters in both formats .

Content enough with position but ruing not taking a key forward early , letting Petracca slip through and taking Clurey instead of DBJ .

Very enjoyable competition and look forward to cracking in again come 2021 .

Thanks Scorpus for running such a nice tight ship .

Self analysis

1.15 Jordan De Goey (Collingwood) - was great when he played... not often enough
2.20 Michael Walters (Fremantle) - shame he missed a few games

Don't mind those two picks though. Both good players. Can't foresee injuries/other events. As to the rest of my picks however...

Ok through this period

3.49 Rowan Marshall (St Kilda) - pretty good
4.54 Michael Hurley (Essendon) - was pretty good
5.83 Darcy Moore (Collingwood) - my best pick of this draft

Then things began to deteriorate

6.88 Eric Hipwood (Brisbane) - just ok
7.117 Dyson Heppell (Essendon) - reasonable
8.122 Peter Wright (Gold Coast) - possibly my all time worst

A brief resurgence

9.151 Andrew McGrath (Essendon) - good pick yay
10.156 Marc Murphy (Carlton) - just ok

Then a rough, draft-game-losing patch

11.185 Nick Blakey (Sydney) - 2nd year blues
12.190 Touk Miller (Gold Coast) - reasonable pick
13.219 Nathan Wilson (Fremantle) - meh
14.224 Bailey Dale (Western Bulldogs) - big let down after he finished 2019 strongly
15.253 Orazio Fantasia (Essendon) - useless
16.258 Zac Fisher (Carlton) - useless
17.287 Tarryn Thomas (North Melbourne) - I was SOOOO excited by this pick but he did * all
18.292 Neville Jetta (Melbourne) - meh season
19.321 Tom Langdon (Collingwood) - didn't play
20.326 Caleb Marchbank (Carlton) - didn't play
21.355 Stephen Hill (Fremantle) - meh
22.360 Bailey Williams (Western Bulldogs) - meh
23.389 Kamdyn McIntosh (Richmond) - decent pick but the damage has been done
24.394 Jimmy Webster (St Kilda) - can't recall him doing anything. Assume he'll be part of the Crouch trade.
25.423 Ian Hill (GWS) - junk
26.428 Kade Kolodjashnij (Melbourne) - don't think he played a game

What's this?

27.457 David Mundy (Fremantle) - wow! A good pick
28.462 Jake Waterman (West Coast) - reasonable

Back to junk to close things out

29.491 Billy Gowers (Western Bulldogs) - don't think he played a game
30.496 Nathan Brown (St Kilda) - don't think he played a game

Overall I'd give my drafting a D minus and feel that it perfectly encapsulated the year 2020 as a whole. I fear that I don't watch enough other team's football now to dominate this game as I have in the past (clears throat).

Well done Mego Red !! Solid picking all the way through and definitely a few “ah, why didn’t I take that guy?” Moments!

Great Job Scorpus this game was a lot of fun over the break with you all and learning a lot about Coopers social life.
I don't really have a social life, but it's nice to pretend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are the results pending the Carlton B&F

View attachment 999679

Current top 5:

1. Mego Red
2. Scorpus
3. Danger in Texas
4. Pilchard_Adams
5. ShadeyP

deaneus copped a positional penalty for not having two key position defenders. Sorry, deaneus, Lachie Plowman is not currently listed as a KPD

I don't expect too many differences after the Carlton B&F. Pea Nut will likely pick up a bunch of points, given he has 4 of Carlton's best 22. Several teams could also move into the top 5.

I will narrowly win the game if Weitering finishes 1st or 2nd in the Carlton B&F. Otherwise, Mego Red has won. No other team can win.
Weitering finished first in Carlton's B&F so... sorry Mego Red

Back