Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2019 Main Competition Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

The Burton Brains Final Squad

B Jarrad McVeigh - Tom Clurey - Dylan Grimes
HB Nathan Wilson - Rory Thompson - Daniel Rich
C Touk Miller - Luke Parker - Tom Phillips
HF Robbie Gray - Lance Franklin - Kane Lambert
F Daniel McStay - Rory Lobb - Dan Butler
R Rhys Stanley - Josh P. Kennedy - Jack Steven

I Jarrod Berry - Caleb Daniel - Jarryd Lyons - Marley Williams

E Hunter Clark - Lochie O'Brien - Nathan Brown - Callum Ah Chee
E Sam J. Reid - Nathan Broad - Ben Long - Sam Wright

I'd say that's a pretty strong squad.

Deep midfield. Luke Parker, Josh Kennedy, Jack Steven, Robbie Gray, Tom Phillips, Touk Miller, Kane Lambert, Jarrod Berry, Jarryd Lyons, Caleb Daniel. That's 10 very strong ball winners and distributors with the ability to rotate through a number of positions.

Forward line includes the best key forward of this generation, Lance Franklin. Plus Robbie Gray spending half his time there, Dan Butler a capable small forward, Lobb as a tall contested mark and some support acts.

Defence is a strong mix of rebound and lockdown. Rory Thompson and Dylan Grimes at their best are guns. Wilson and Rich provide lots of speed and penetration off half back. McVeigh is a general and leader down there, with Clurey a decent support act. Williams on the bench as a small defender.

Ruck is a tag team of Stanley and Lobb, both rotating forward.

Depth includes cover for most positions. Young guns Clark and O'Brien ready to step up into the midfield. Brown as a tall defensive cover. Reid as forward cover. Ah Chee cover for the half back line, Ben Long cover for the half forward line, and a couple of extra defenders in Broad and Wright who will play plenty of games

Last edited:

Team Name: Kamp Krusty

View attachment 592150

Team

F Charlie Cameron | Peter Wright | Josh Thomas
HF Christian Petracca | Charlie Curnow | Toby Greene
C Adam Cerra | Oliver Florent | Tom Scully
HB Luke McDonald | Caleb Marchbank | Zach Tuohy
B Kade Kolodjashnij | Jack Henry | Nick Haynes
1R Callum Sinclair | Dustin Martin | Jack Viney
INT Cameron Rayner | Paddy Dow | Alex Fasolo | Jeremy Finlayson
EMERG Allen Christensen | Brandon Matera | Bailey Dale | Taylor Duryea | Sam Frost | Jackson Thurlow | Kieran Jack | Matthew Broadbent

Forward line will be pretty damn good I reckon. Providing Greene keeps himself away from the tribunal.

Some high points in the midfield but probably a bit light on. Would have liked one more quality mid. Success depends on Scully's injury holding up, one of Cerra or Dow having a good second season, Petracca finally getting his tank to the level he can play decent minutes there

Defence is good and plenty of cover.

Depth on bench is good though would have liked a back up ruckman. Almost took Zac Smith or Darcy Fort in Round 30 but wasn't convinced that they would play at all.

The full list for The Crystal Gems

F: Walters - McDonald - Papley

HF: Fisher - Lukosius - Hopper

C: Hunter - Steele - Milera

HB: Maynard - May - Witherden

B: Gardiner - Cordy - Webster

Foll: Bellchambers - Fyfe - Heeney

Interchange: SPS - Hutchings/Guthrie/Howe/McKernan/Spargo

Emergencies from David Myers, Chayce Jones, LDU, Kaiden Brand, Sam Draper, and Matthew Flynn.

I could use another backup ruck that will get more regular game time, but apart from that I am pretty happy with the strength of my depth, especially through the midfield, and I can't quite decide on a definite best 22. Before it was hit with injuries I thought my team last year was underrated, but I like this years team more. I tried to put a focus on players who were potentially ready for a breakout season, and/or make the best 22 under 22 team. I only have 2 crows players this year, which is a record low for me, and unfortunately, this means I can only get a maximum of 10 bonus points when we win the premiership. On the bright side, I managed to avoid picking any port players and that's always good.

FINAL TEAM -

THE CHAYCE IS ON

FB: Darcy Moore / Dan Rampe / Jarmen Impey
HB: Jayden Short / Michael Hurley (c) / Rory Laird
C: Aaron Hall / Tom Rockliff / Sam Walsh
HF: Sam Menegola / Sam Weidemen / Jake Stringer
FF: Gary Rohan / Ben Brown / Ben Ronke
FOLL: Ben McEvoy / Matt Crouch (vc) / Dan Hannabery

INT:
Blake Acres / Jack Graham / Jack Bowes / Jordan Roughead

EMERG:
Jason Castagna / Darcy Tucker / Cam Ellis-Yolmen / Kamdyn McIntosh
Nick Coffield / Nakia Cockatoo / Tom McCartin / Jordan Clark

I'm very happy with the way my team has finished up. (humble)

A backline mix of Hurley, Rampe, Moore, Laird, Short and Impey is incredibly strong in my eyes, throw in depth players Roughead, McIntosh, Tucker, Coffield and the Cats rookie Clark (Who I think will play round 1) and I think i'll have one of if not the strongest backline's in this years draft game.

In the forward line, we have the probable Coleman medalist in Ben Brown, add to that Stringer, Rohan, Ronke who will all have a point to prove this year and play in likely finals sides plus young gun Weidemen who I think will break out in 2019, and midfield bull Menegola who can rotate FWD/MID. Depth players Acres, Graham, Castagna, Cockatoo and McCartin to support.

I know someone commented that the midfield lacked depth BUT, McEvoy is a monster, Crouch is an absolute beast (and a lock for AA and Blight medal if he plays every week) and Hanneberry/Rockliff will be better than last season - both are multiple AA and top 3 brownlow members in not too distant past. Add in Aaron hall who I think will suit the Kanga's well and the likely rising star winner Walsh (will play every game in the blues midfield in 2019 barring injury) and depth players CEY, Bowes and FWD/MID's Menegola, Graham, Acres and even Stringer and I think the midfield has ended up quite strong (albeit a couple risky.)

Mixture of old and young with two genuine rising star chances in Sam Walsh and Jordan Clark.

I've been playing this game 3 years now and I think this is my strongest team by far! (and I won last year :) ) - Again (humble)

Good luck all, Great effort this year, No one has built a glaringly bad team and there wasn't really any awful (Billy Longer in the top 40 picks) this year AND no hissy fits - So great effort.

Special credit to the FAITH - you do a great job mate.

Go Crows.

The full list for The Crystal Gems

F: Walters - McDonald - Papley

HF: Fisher - Lukosius - Hopper

C: Hunter - Steele - Milera

HB: Maynard - May - Witherden

B: Gardiner - Cordy - Webster

Foll: Bellchambers - Fyfe - Heeney

Interchange: SPS - Hutchings/Guthrie/Howe/McKernan/Spargo

Emergencies from David Myers, Chayce Jones, LDU, Kaiden Brand, Sam Draper, and Matthew Flynn.

I could use another backup ruck that will get more regular game time, but apart from that I am pretty happy with the strength of my depth, especially through the midfield, and I can't quite decide on a definite best 22. Before it was hit with injuries I thought my team last year was underrated, but I like this years team more. I tried to put a focus on players who were potentially ready for a breakout season, and/or make the best 22 under 22 team. I only have 2 crows players this year, which is a record low for me, and unfortunately, this means I can only get a maximum of 10 bonus points when we win the premiership. On the bright side, I managed to avoid picking any port players and that's always good.

Your team is upside down. But other than that... Not bad :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone listing their team in any other format than;

FB
HB
C
HF
FF
FOLL

INT

EMERG

.. will automatically be docked points in my voting :)

NEW FARM AVENGERS

F: George Hewett -- Charlie Dixon -- Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti
HF: Ed Langdon -- Sam Reid -- Dom Tyson
C: Zach Merrett -- Taylor Adams -- Mitch Duncan
HB: Bachar Houli -- Jake Carlisle -- Jeremy Howe
B: Nick Vlastuin -- Lachie Plowman -- Jamie Macmillan

1R: Todd Goldstein -- Jack Macrae -- Brad Ebert
INT: Shaun Grigg -- Ricky Henderson -- Tom Boyd -- Nic Newman

EMERG: Ben Jacobs -- Scott Selwood -- Will Setterfield -- Jon Ceglar -- Martin Gleeson -- Lewis Melican -- Rhys Mathieson -- Matt Buntine

I think this is a team that would actually win some games. It feels slightly short on superstars, but the midfield is really strong and i think there would be a lot of rebound from that back line. No superstars in that forward line, but overall very capable of kicking a winning score.

Team Half Wits

Line up:

FB - Alex Keath - Cale Hooker - Adam Kennedy
HB - Lachlan Weller - Lachlan Henderson - Harry Perryman
C - Zachary Williams - Mitchell Wallis - Jack Martin
HF - Chad Wingard - Harrison Himmelberg - Toby McLean
FF - Daniel Rioli - Jordan de Goey - Will Hayward
R - Matthew Kreuzer - Marcus Bontempelli- Tim Taranto

Int - Ryan Clarke - Mitch Robinson - Brayden Fiorini - Lewis Taylor

Reserves:
- Brayden Preuss and Levi Greenwood (mid)
- Dale Morris and Marcus Adams (def)
- Jayden Hunt and Lin Jong (wing)
- Aiden Bonar and Hayden Ballantyne (fwd)

Draft picks:

17 Marcus Bontempelli - WB
18 Jordan de Goey - Coll
51 Harrison Himmelberg - GWS
52 Chad Wingard - Haw
85 Cale Hooker - Ess
86 Zachary Williams - GWS
119 Tim Taranto - GWS
120 Jack Martin - GC
153 Matthew Kreuzer - Carl
154 Toby McLean - WB
187 Daniel Rioli - Rich
188 Lachlan Weller - GC
221 Lachlan Henderson - Geel
222 Mitchell Wallis - WB
255 Adam Kennedy - GWS
256 Will Hayward - Syd
289 Lewis Taylor - Bris
290 Mitch Robinson - Bris
323 Alex Keath - Adel
324 Brayden Fiorini - GC
357 Harry Perryman - GWS
358 Ryan Clarke - Syd
391 Marcus Adams - Bris
392 Braydon Preuss - Melb
425 Levi Greenwood - Coll
426 Dale Morris - WB
459 Jayden Hunt - Melb
460 Lin Jong - WB
493 Hayden Ballantyne - Freo
494 Aiden Bonar - GWS

GWS - 6 players and WB - 5 players my major contributors.
Strong midfield.

Quick and skilful wings.

Swift forward line won’t ever let defenders get a clean rebound.

Defence is sound assuming the ball comes in slow, which it certainly will given this bunch of high pressure running players.

No great marking forward. There were a handful of decent ones which went later than HH but the best ones all went in the top 40 picks. With hindsight you really need to get one in the first two rounds.

No biggie. HH is on the way up, Bont and de Goey provide a threat, Hayward too.

Teams have shown you can win the flag by competing in the air and with pace and power at ground level...which this team has like no other

Remove this Banner Ad

Back