Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2019 Version Discussion Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all for player and draft pick trading. Adds plenty of interest. But if people are worried about unfair trades because players have given up, perhaps those trades can be vetoed by the games organiser.
If it needs that level of subjective override then let's not do trades surely

No trading of players

No trading of picks

No swapping of draft position

Malcolm Blight: "I reckon you accept your lot in life and you get on with it."

Happy to change to 2 hrs or stay with 3. Would prefer no player trading though. It’s kinda messy/unnecessary and adversely impacts people who actually planned ahead on positions.
But if youve planned ahead of positions it might give you an advantage.

I.e. trade pick 180 and 181 for Pick 162 and 200. With your list of players helping get a good player at 200 anyway.

Just waiting on confirmation from danoz, and whether to start on Monday the 3rd or Friday 7th?
Thoughts?
Either good

Maybe Monday

People snooze a bit on the weekends. Would be good to get up some momentum before then

When will we have confirmation on the scoring structure for this year? Want to make my spreadsheet :cool:

Post season scoring Scorpus

Pre season scoring will be very simple, basically like Eurovision, award your favourite team 8 points, 2nd fav 7 points etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scoring System Recap:

• Games Played: 1 point per game
  • Brownlow Medal: 20 points for 1st place, 15 points for 2nd place, 13 points for 3rd place down to 1 point for 15th place
  • All Australian: 15 points for team, 5 points for squad
  • Coleman Medal: 15 points for 1st place, down to 1 point for 15th place in the goal kicking list
  • Club B&F: 10 points for 1st place, down to 1 point for 10th place
  • AFL Player Ratings: 10 points for 1st ranking at the player's club, down to 0 points for 30th ranking
  • AFLCA Coaches Award: 10 points for 1st place, down to 1 point for 10th place
  • Norm Smith Medal: 10 points
  • Rising Star: 10 points for 1st, 7 points for 2nd, 5 points for 3rd
  • 22under22: 5 points for team
  • Premiership Player: 5 points for each

• Every player drafted accrues points in full, up until a maximum of 484 games (22 players x 22 games) are played across your squad.
  • If your squad plays more than 484 games in total, the score for your lowest scoring players will not be counted proportional to how many games over the 484 limit your squad is
  • For example if your squad plays 490 games, and your lowest scoring player plays 10 games, 6/10 games will not count for that player, so only 40% of their score will be added to your total

• Your team of 22 must include a minimum of 6 forwards, 6 defenders, and 6 midfielders.
  • Your team of 22 must have at least 2 rucks. Each ruck must average at least 2 hitouts per match to qualify.
  • Your team of 22 must have at least 2 key position forwards and at least 2 key position defenders.
  • Your emergency list must contain at least 1 defender and at least 1 forward.
  • All positions except for second ruck to be defined by the AFL Player Ratings System

• (Positional requirements are only to stop people 'cheating' by selecting an entire team of midfielders. I'm usually quite lenient on this aspect)
  • Failing to meet the positional requirements will result in 1/22th of your score being deducted for each required player that you fail to include in your squad.
  • For example if your best 22 only has 5 defenders, 4.5% of your final score will be deducted
  • In the past two seasons, no one has failed to meet the requirements anyway, but they exist just in case

any idea whats up with danoz?
Don't think he's in. Was last online Thursday and has been tagged in here.

Think we can proceed without him unless... Danoz you in??? Last call.

You have 24 hours to respond. Actually it took me a while to type that out. You have 23 hours 55 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back