Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2021/22 Main Competition Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The game is OFFICIALLY ready to go

I've been informed that FAITH's ban won't expire until after the game has begun. I tried to accommodate him based on the information he provided about being banned for a "week" (the game was scheduled to start after that) but it turns out that information wasn't fully accurate. Bad luck.

As such, WeeBlake is officially in the game and will take the 18th spot in the draft! They already have a team post so we are good to go

I also discovered a rule inconsistency which I will close right now with a rule update before the game begins

Rule Update

- Two hour time limit for all picks during active hours
- Three hour time limit for players at the tumble turn (draft positions 1 and 18) during active hours

- NEW: Three hours must pass to be skipped a second consecutive time, counted from the moment the player is eligible to pick the first time

Example: Player #17 is skipped on pick 17 after 2 hours, and player #18 takes both their picks (18 and 19) 5 minutes later. Player 17 has another 55 minutes to make pick 20 (and pick 17) before being skipped - instead of being skipped immediately

This protects the unfair situation when a player close to the tumble turn is skipped after 2 hours, and the player at the tumble turn picks immediately. In this situation, the player close to the tumble turn has 2 picks skipped within 2 hours, despite the player at the tumble turn getting 3 hours in the exact same situation.

Holy s**t - have we started!?!

First error. Forget to correctly tag someone.

If I've read the rules correctly, tagging him incorrectly means that Jcpdragonx is automatically skipped

Seems a bit harsh but fair I think

Newbie question: does the 2 hours clock start ticking from the time of the last pick, or from the end of the original 2 hour allotment?

It starts from when the previous pick is taken. So if the pick is at 9.45, you have until 11.45. However if a player picks before the active hours like happened today, the timer starts from the start of the active hours (9am) so you have until 11am

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newbie question: does the 2 hours clock start ticking from the time of the last pick, or from the end of the original 2 hour allotment?

Your window starts when the last pick is taken and you are tagged. If someone is skipped, your window when they are skipped and you are tagged. Your two hour timer pauses outside of playing hours too (even if you only have 1 minute left).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back