Competitions AFC Board Draft Game 2021/22 Main Competition Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to look decent for me, now. King, Short, Langdon, Higgins, Cox all killing it. It’s just a shame about Dusty :(

Hurn and Holmes doing well for where they were selected, too

Well, time to seriously consider my future as a List Manager, what an absolute disaster this season has been.

Some horror picks, together with a pretty ordinary injury run.

Best picks: Andrew Brayshaw (40), Corey Durdin (537)
Worst picks: Eliot Yeo (105), Ugle-Hagan (148)

Darcy Fogarty pick looking better by the week.

#13: Ollie Wines - Didn't back up his Brownlow year. Should still finish top 10 in the B&F, but an overall bust for a first pick.
#24: Ben King - Season over before it started.
#49: Steven May - AA and 3rd in the B&F despite a mid-season indiscretion. My only hit in the top 8 rounds.
#60: Jacob Hopper - Injured for most of the season.
#85: Bailey Dale - Not the lofty heights of his AA last season, and only 9th in the B&F. A miss.
#96: Tom Hickey - Far from the worst ruck going around, and had another decent season overall. Unfortunately, he completely stunk it up in the GF (like most of his teammates tbf, but he was particularly bad)
#121: Paul Seedsman - Didn't play.
#132: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - Retired earlyish in the season and played 0 games.
#157: Luke Davies-Uniacke - Finally, a decent pick. 2nd in the B&F (should've won) and carried North this season.
#168: Lincoln McCarthy - Another solid season from him. 25 games, 35 goals and 8th in the B&F. A hit.
#193: Tom McCartin - Continuing to build into one of the premier KPDs of the comp. 25 games and 6th in the B&F.
#204: Jack Sinclair - My steal of the draft (and perhaps one of the steals in general). Best HB in the comp rewarded by an AA jacket and a B&F.
#229: Jamie Elliott - Finally got his body right and put together some decent footy. Won't get a lot here point wise aside from 19 games, but I'm satisfied with the gamble.
#240: Darcy Gardiner - He's been a reliable soldier for Brisbane for quite a few years, but he had a disappointing season.
#265: Jordan Clark - More than passable first season at his new club. 24 games, 9th in the B&F and a spot in the 22Under22 team.
#276: Jake Bowey - Just does his thing. This pick was neither here or there.
#301: Archie Perkins - The talent is there and showed glimpses but, gee, a bit of a let down that he couldn't manage a top 10 finish in Essendon's B&F.
#312: Harry Cunningham - Only 10 games and never got much of a chance with the Swans' form-line.
#337: Jack Silvagni - I'll take 21 games at this pick, even if he couldn't sneak into the top 10 of the B&F.
#348: Deven Robertson - I liked the look of him in 2021 which is why I was happy to pick him here. Just the 8 games though.
#373: Mitch Robinson - Did what was expected of him. Didn't play every game, but chipped in with his role when he needed to.
#384: Jimmy Webster - 20 games. Decent enough role player.
#409: Eric Hipwood - This was a desperation pick hoping that he would return in the second half of the season for a few games. Ended up playing 17. Whilst he didn't have a huge impact, I'll take 17 games.
#420: Ivan Soldo - 13 games.
#445: Trent McKenzie - Injured, 7 games.
#456: Matt Guelfi - 20 games and 3rd in the B&F. Given how this game works, I'll call this one a steal at this pick. Great value based on points.
#481: Daniel Lloyd - 11 games. Meh
#492: Hayden McLean - 9 games. Meh.
#517: Jack Bytel - 0 games. I was kind of expecting him to build from his 13 in 2021 but not to be.
#528: Zach Sproule - 6 games and delisted.
#553: Hugo Ralphsmith - 13 games and a RS nom. Not bad for the penultimate pick.
#564: Alex Davies - 15 games and showed a few promising signs. Again, not bad for the final pick of the draft.

Much of my top 10 picks were decimated by injury costing me a potential shitload of points. I nailed some of the rounds 9-15 picks to gain a bit of respect but, ultimately, I'll probably end up in the bottom 4.

Last edited:
In case anyone is wondering why we don’t yet have a winner, it’s Port’s fault. Their BNF is in December (really).

I'm happy to claim that i'm the winner if you don't want to count it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Radcliffe's Delicious Assholes

FB: Brandon Starcevich, Marcus Adams, Luke Brown
HB: Changkuoth Jiath, Jeremy McGovern, Nick Hind
C: Josh Daicos, Matt Crouch, Adam Cerra
HF: Toby Greene, Maboir Chol, Brent Daniels
FF: Gyran Miers, Joe Daniher, Jesse Hogan
RUCK: Brayden Preuss, Jy Simpkin, Tim Taranto

INT: Luke Dahlhaus, Kade Kolodjashnij, Mitch McGovern, Luke Dunstan

EMERG: Lachie Plowman, Tyson Stengle, Marc Pittonet, Quinton Narkle, Jy Farrar, Matt Owies, Jake Riccardi, Jackson Hately, Joel Amarty, James Bell

Jees a few fails in my team. Only 1 top 15 goal scorer and he wasn't even on my field in stengle. Matt Crouch barely got a game. Luke Brown tapped out mid year. Brayden Pruess too big and strong and always rubbed out. J McGovern and Mitch McGovern only 17 games between them.

And the winner of this year's game is...

Donkey Magoo

Despite Port Adelaide being yet to host their B&F for some bizarre reason, Donkey has taken out this year's game with an effectively unassailable lead. The only way the second placed player (Drugs Are Bad Mackay?) could come first is if Sam Hayes and Trent Dumont come 1st and 2nd at Port's B&F, while Aliir Aliir and Darcy Byrne-Jones don't come top 10 at all - highly unlikely!

Rankings before Port's B&F on December 5

1668826550884.png

One complication this year was the AFL removing the Player Ratings system from their stats page. For scoring I replaced it with Stats Insider Player Ratings from here 2022 SI AFL Player Ratings | Player Rankings | Statistics - Stats Insider - this is the most similar ranking system I could find and still allows injured players who missed the entire season (eg Paul Seedsman) to accumulate points

Donkey Magoo won by taking the two highest ranked players in the entire game, Jeremy Cameron and Lachie Neale

Rounding out the top 5 was Drugs Are Bad Mackay?, Geoffa32, Jcpdragonx and Danger Zone

Thanks everyone for playing and we'll be back with the 2022/23 version soon

Hall of Fame:

2021/22 - Donkey Magoo
2020/21 - Danger Zone
2019/20 - Scorpus
2018/19 - Mr MysteryGuest
2017/18 - Scorpus
2016/17 - Scorpus
2015/16 - Danoz & Jcpdragonx

Last edited:
Mid table. I'll take it.
Learnings for next month's draft.

When to start? December 3 or 10 so it's a Saturday and get some early momentum?

The rookie draft this year is on November 30, so we'd probably start the draft game the week after in early December, like the previous time

Got most of my early picks right for once. Six pretty good seasons out of my first six rounds
1.6 Clayton Oliver (Melbourne)
2.31 Touk Miller (Gold Coast)
3.42 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)
4.67 Jordan Dawson (Adelaide)
5.78 Jarrod Witts (Gold Coast)
6.103 James Sicily (Hawthorn)

Robbed AA on Sicily. And Dawson was heading for AA and B&F until we idiotically moved him permanently to deep in defence

Got most of my early picks right for once. Six pretty good seasons out of my first six rounds
1.6 Clayton Oliver (Melbourne)
2.31 Touk Miller (Gold Coast)
3.42 Isaac Heeney (Sydney)
4.67 Jordan Dawson (Adelaide)
5.78 Jarrod Witts (Gold Coast)
6.103 James Sicily (Hawthorn)

Robbed AA on Sicily. And Dawson was heading for AA and B&F until we idiotically moved him permanently to deep in defence
Now we see why you are so cranky about Dawson down back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back