Competitions AFC Draft Game 'Finals' Thread 2019....

Remove this Banner Ad

1)
Scorpus v Danger Zone:
- Mids: i prefer danger zones mids personally, more classy imo.
- scorpus's forwards should trouble danger zones defenders;
- danger zone has a variety of forwards which should troube Scorpus's defenders.

*Danger Zone by 16 points.

2)
Freddy v 1990crow:
- Mids: Both hace quality mids but FB's mids are more classy imo;
- I think 1990cros has the defenders to shut down freddys forwards;
- but also think freddy has the defenders to shut down 1990c forwards.

*Freddy by 7 points.

Scorpus vs Danger Zone

I actually rate Scorpus’s chance of winning at the end of the year, but reckon I’d take him here. My defence matches nicely against his forwards, while his defenders will be too slow/immobile against mine. Witts will destroy Stanley and my mids are better.

Freddy Bassett vs 1990crow

This one is on an absolute knife-edge. Ended up giving it to Freddy on the basis of his midfield being slightly stronger but there is almost nothing in it overall. Freddy by under a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1990crow vs Freddy Bassett

Freddy's midfield is better and he will get the edge pushing the ball forward.

1990crow's defence looks good on paper, but Birchall will probably be injured all year, Zac Jones is ok, and that's basically it for anyone with the ability to rebound the ball. That means it will be slow plays up the line more often than not.

Freddy's defence has two elite intercept marks, three when Lever is back, who will win possession back on the wing and keep sending the ball forward again, like that wet 2017 Showdown when Port kept sending bail out kicks from their D50 and Lever kept intercepting them.

1990crow's forward line will further struggle if/when Bennell and Elliott also end up injured.

Freddy's forward line will struggle a little against some really great contest winners in the 1990crow defence but there is enough talent there that I think with 20+ more inside 50s they will get enough on the board.

Freddy comfortably, 30+

Scorpus vs Danger Zone

Midfield is even. Scorpus going with his patented 'rucks are so irrelevant I could go with Rhys Stanley and it wouldn't matter' strategy.

Scorpus half forward line is very good and Danger Zone has a few too many defenders who would rather look for a handball receive than try to defend Robbie Gray or Lance Franklin.

Danger Zone's forward line's most threatening forward is probably Breust. He's a good player but won't make up for Roughead being almost retired, Westhoff not really a forward, and everyone else not great. Will struggle to kick a score.

Scorpus comfortably, 30+

annoying when only half bother to vote, then i have to stalk the other half lol
Said like any project manager :moustache:

I blame iinet. I find it is a struggle to do properly on mobile, and iinet has yet to deliver me a working home internet in what has now reached one month and one week since I moved house.

Scorpus vs Danger Zone

Both great sides - but Scorpus in tightly fought affair, Buddy the difference.

Scorpus by 12 points.

1990crow vs Freddy Bassett

Maybe the best forward line vs the best backline - but flip it and Fred's forward line stacks up a little better than 1990's backs. Both good mids, Another tight one.

Freddy by 9 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back