Analysis AFC finances - Rich Club, Poor Club?

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue is that this is the first I’ve heard of the AFL vetoing our choice of CEO.

I‘m interested in hearing about your source.

I know nothing of that, but I heard KT on AA a week or 2 ago and he seemed a bit down. Didn't really know what was next. Not that it's that unusual, but was this forced upon him due to cost cutting? Or was it always on the cards?

I know nothing of that, but I heard KT on AA a week or 2 ago and he seemed a bit down. Didn't really know what was next. Not that it's that unusual, but was this forced upon him due to cost cutting? Or was it always on the cards?

It’s been clear for a while that Richardson was being groomed to take over from KT, even before he indicated he wanted to step down. It was announced last year that he would step down and that 2020 would be his last year. The situation with COVID changed how we intended to do the handover but it was always going to go through, AFAIK.

KT was good for us in the beginning but his last few years weren’t great. I think the timing was a year or two past when it should have happened but our 150th on the horizon meant we opted for stability instead.

I didn’t hear the interview but it doesn’t surprise me he would seem down. The intensity of the role can mean a shock to the system when it ends.

I’m sure you are. Your club had an open forum last week. Why didn’t you ask then?

Why would that question be asked? Richardson has been the obvious groomed successor for the role for a long time, even prior to Thomas stating that he'd step down. Port supporters expected him to get the job. There's been nothing to suggest anything else since your post, which doesn't have a lot of detail.

Who was the other candidate? At what stage we were knocked back the opportunity to hire them?

Well now you know

Know what?

You’ve literally just made up a vague story about AFL stopping us getting our first choice CEO, with no details and nothing to back it up, and when challenged you deflect with crap like this.

I‘d be keen to know how someone with a user name like yours has the inside scoop on a club that you have no connection to.

Know what?

You’ve literally just made up a vague story about AFL stopping us getting our first choice CEO, with no details and nothing to back it up, and when challenged you deflect with crap like this.

I‘d be keen to know how someone with a user name like yours has the inside scoop on a club that you have no connection to.
It’s Adelaide mate. It’s a small town. There’s no deflecting going on. I’m not going to tell you who told me except to tell you they’d know better than you or I. And I don’t know who you are. But I know this person would know more than you. Now you’ll say I’m just making it up. That’s fine. I’d think that too.

It’s Adelaide mate. It’s a small town. There’s no deflecting going on. I’m not going to tell you who told me except to tell you they’d know better than you or I. And I don’t know who you are. But I know this person would know more than you. Now you’ll say I’m just making it up. That’s fine. I’d think that too.

Adelaide is a small town, which is why it surprises me that this is the first time it’s been raised.

For the record, it wouldn’t surprise me if the AFL did do what you’re claiming they did, but I find it incredibly odd that the only person to mention it is someone posting on a footy forum under the user name ‘CrowsB4hoes’

Who was the candidate that was vetoed?
What was the reasoning for the veto?

What a total load of tripe. You provide nothing but some unsubstantiated twaddle, then deflect, dodge, weave, and finally hide behind an anonymous source!

And you call Port posters cowards for tagging you! Just pathetic.

What a total load of tripe. You provide nothing but some unsubstantiated twaddle, then deflect, dodge, weave, and finally hide behind an anonymous source!

And you call Port posters cowards for tagging you! Just pathetic.
What substantiation would be acceptable to you? Board minutes? A secret recording from a wire? An affidavit from Kochie?

There was a discussion. I was a part of it. That’s what was discussed. I posted it on the CROWS board for CROWS supporters. If you don’t like it, don’t come here. And don’t tag me to your board please

I’m sorry you weren’t part of it.

What substantiation would be acceptable to you? Board minutes? A secret recording from a wire? An affidavit from Kochie?

There was a discussion. I was a part of it. That’s what was discussed. I posted it on the CROWS board for CROWS supporters. If you don’t like it, don’t come here. And don’t tag me to your board please

What discussion? Was it with the supposed candidate him/herself?

Oh! You mean the DISCUSSION with your mate ... Who heard from a mate ... Who was told by another mate?

You mean that "discussion?"

But it's all good, coz your mate is a good bloke everyone can trust. Now you can go and spread the gossip, sorry I mean "discussion*, on social media without being challenged.

Meanwhile, on the Port board, where we have posters involved and connected to the inner sanctum of the club, we have heard nothing of the sort, other that for the last 12 months that Richo would be the man.

All good, continue on.

who was the other candidate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too have heard this rumour, from my girlfriend, whom none of you would know, because she is from Canada.

I also have a picture of her

who was the other candidate?

It was me. I admit it, you got me

Last edited:
After balancing the books in recent years by revaluing property (apparently Alberton is more expensive per square metre than Rose Park these days) and revaluing memorabilia, what have Poort Pear got up their sleeves this year?

My guess, capitalising the intellectual property of the China Adventure 🤔.

Any other guesses?

Last edited:
After balancing the books in recent years by revaluing property (apparently Alberton is more expensive per square metre than Rose Park these days) and revaluing memorabilia, what have Poort Pear got up their sleeves this year?

Any other guesses?
Copyrighting the year 1870..

Any other guesses?
Gee how’s the China strategy holding up now with chinas anti Australian stance? It looks ridiculous now . Kochy will just continue to say that you gotta think long long long long term .

Deaneus mate, come on, you can do better. your just settling.

tenor.gif

Now the AGM has been announced, I've asked for a copy of the financial statements

Something that shits me - i think everyone does it - they get released so close to the meeting, there's never any time to read them properly, and this year is more important than most

Behold, my first embedded Google document, bow before me

Things I have noticed:

Here is a pretty, showing how our revenues have fallen to Trigg-Footy Park levels:

1614816124247.png

also, Grant Revenue of $3.6m is JobKeeper

Last edited:
Thanks for your efforts Deaneus, very interesting, was a pretty good result considering the circumstances.

Interesting that the SANFL still got their $400k for last season when we unable to play in their comp, bloody grubs.

Edit: Not $400k, up to $442 last year, this year will crack $450k. Pffftttt move us to the new Eastern comp ASAP.

Thanks for your efforts Deaneus, very interesting, was a pretty good result considering the circumstances.

Interesting that the SANFL still got their $400k for last season when we unable to play in their comp, bloody grubs.

Edit: Not $400k, up to $442 last year, this year will crack $450k. Pffftttt move us to the new Eastern comp ASAP.

Not something I'd want us paying in the future if Olsen is serious about us reconnecting and "working together" with the SANFL at Thebarton...

Not something I'd want us paying in the future if Olsen is serious about us reconnecting and "working together" with the SANFL at Thebarton...
Would be the first item I'd have changed. Look guys, if you want part usage of this area which the council have invited us to use then we simply aren't paying that 450K anymore. If you insist we pay it, then we'll be taking that going off to play in another 2nd tier comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back