Analysis AFC finances - Rich Club, Poor Club?

Remove this Banner Ad

I got to this bit, and my brain said, "until learned individuals on this board have gone over the financial statements"

and then

and this was slightly less personally fulfilling, but way, way funnier

Can you post the financials when you get a chance? I’ve got an ‘Andrew Fagan, I was wrong’ thread to create, but I just need to make sure there’s nothing to suggest that footy profit was up by a bigger amount than our improved result. Last year’s format was pretty good.

Wont be going. Got to wash my hair.....

The best part about today is when we release the financial result and learn all about accounting from the Port Board.

It is like a CPA event.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Washing hair is looking mighty sexy compared with this thread. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ShabbyCreativeLangur-small.gif

netrevenues.PNG

Revenues! Looks like we maxed out tickets and there's nowhere to go at the minute, unless we change prices. Sponsorship up $1.4M, AFL revenue down by $466K, corporate boxes up $134K (that's about one box, lol). Revenue up 2.06% from last year, but this wouldn't have the impact of Optus, so that will be interesting to see in next year's accounts.

Government obviously believe we're doing good, with our grant for Ready Steady Crow up.

Merchandise, WTF? Net revenue for merch down $258K, that's a lot of guernseys! Plus, the gross margin dropped significantly, which it shouldn't do. Something's happening here (refer below) ;)

Net revenues up $1.1M

expenses.PNG

Not much i can say here. Ups and down depending on the categories - i will note that admin is down $468K, but the employee benefits are up - I presume that's where the salary cap goes, so not surprising either.

Net expenses up $709K. Net profit $3.8M, yes please.

bs.PNG

Well, there's nothing quite like a healthy cash balance. Trade receivables pretty unchanged.

No inventories? Interesting. When you look up the note, it says provision for obsolence.

Yes, that's right.

You know what that means.

You can feel it right?

Check this out:

When your merchandise returns drop by half, it's because the line of stock you have is tired. Then you write off all the stock, because you have to replace it with something new and exciting.

THAT'S RIGHT MOTHER*erS, WE'RE GETTING A NEW LOGO

and that's not even the coolest thing in here. This is a very interesting report, very interesting.

And there's even an "error". * me. I'll have to send an email and ask. Will get onto it later. Wow.

View attachment 631311

Revenues! Looks like we maxed out tickets and there's nowhere to go at the minute, unless we change prices. Sponsorship up $1.4M, AFL revenue down by $466K, corporate boxes up $134K (that's about one box, lol). Revenue up 2.06% from last year, but this wouldn't have the impact of Optus, so that will be interesting to see in next year's accounts.

Government obviously believe we're doing good, with our grant for Ready Steady Crow up.

Merchandise, WTF? Net revenue for merch down $258K, that's a lot of guernseys! Plus, the gross margin dropped significantly, which it shouldn't do. Something's happening here (refer below) ;)

Net revenues up $1.1M

View attachment 631310

Not much i can say here. Ups and down depending on the categories - i will note that admin is down $468K, but the employee benefits are up - I presume that's where the salary cap goes, so not surprising either.

Net expenses up $709K. Net profit $3.8M, yes please.

View attachment 631309

Well, there's nothing quite like a healthy cash balance. Trade receivables pretty unchanged.

No inventories? Interesting. When you look up the note, it says provision for obsolence.

Yes, that's right.

You know what that means.

You can feel it right?

Check this out:

When your merchandise returns drop by half, it's because the line of stock you have is tired. Then you write off all the stock, because you have to replace it with something new and exciting.

THAT'S RIGHT MOTHER******S, WE'RE GETTING A NEW LOGO

and that's not even the coolest thing in here. This is a very interesting report, very interesting.

And there's even an "error". **** me. I'll have to send an email and ask. Will get onto it later. Wow.
Great job.

On your new logo, writing off held stock link...
Could it be that as part of the change from managing Crowmania to Rebel Sport taking it over we no longer hold the stock so is accounted for due to that handover?

I have no idea, not my field but seems logical depending on th timeline of that?

Great job.

On your new logo, writing off held stock link...
Could it be that as part of the change from managing Crowmania to Rebel Sport taking it over we no longer hold the stock so is accounted for due to that handover?

I have no idea, not my field but seems logical depending on th timeline of that?

It probably is, but it’s way more fun to speculate wildly, and I needed something to make me smile today.

The odd thing is, if we gave all the merch to Rebel Sport, then yeah we’d have no inventory, but the note to the accounts says “obsolescence” which is a very odd note to use for inventory like we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back