Analysis AFC finances - Rich Club, Poor Club?

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It probably is, but it’s way more fun to speculate wildly, and I needed something to make me smile today.

The odd thing is, if we gave all the merch to Rebel Sport, then yeah we’d have no inventory, but the note to the accounts says “obsolescence” which is a very odd note to use for inventory like we have.
Any indication from the money flow as to how that arrangement with rebel may work?
no obvious sign of them buying our the business as such is there? Just a downturn in our income. Unless we wrote off our existing stock for some reason, that equates to the downturn and then an expectation that from next year that should return to something around normal (or at least balancing out with the reduction in administrative expenses).

Also are you able to glean any impact at all in there from the baseball / esports?

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Could the merch stagnation have anything to do with the fact we don't change guernsies/have ridiculous clash jumpers every year?

God I hope you're right about the logo deaneus

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Could the merch stagnation have anything to do with the fact we don't change guernsies/have ridiculous clash jumpers every year?

...who knows? but with a captive base, and a product that re-useable, how many guernseys can you buy a year, when we just moved into a recession? how many scarves and jackets and such? it is a very big drop though, enormous. It may be better to ask when we sold everything to Rebel Sport, as we may have stopped counting it as merch or something

God I hope you're right about the logo deaneus

Probably not but it was fun to connect the dots wrong

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Actually the wrote off of all the stock would explain the drop in gross margin too.

Doesn’t explain the drop in sales though?
Drop in sales could just be as simple no Finals. Not winning games so people not happy so dont support the club by buying any merch.

You get the initial preseason (Christmas ) sales but no extra into May onwards.

Given the way we were travelling last year few would be spending on merch in June. Whereas with us flying in 2017 many would be buying stuff in June 2017.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
When your merchandise returns drop by half, it's because the line of stock you have is tired. Then you write off all the stock, because you have to replace it with something new and exciting.

THAT'S RIGHT MOTHER******S, WE'RE GETTING A NEW LOGO

We're not going to replace the logo mid-season, it would likely be done at the very start of the preseason announcements so any stock write off will happen in the financial report after we see the new logo. All stock with the current logo is good to use for the next 10 months at least.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
It probably is, but it’s way more fun to speculate wildly, and I needed something to make me smile today.

The odd thing is, if we gave all the merch to Rebel Sport, then yeah we’d have no inventory, but the note to the accounts says “obsolescence” which is a very odd note to use for inventory like we have.
How can you not smile today....they announced Metallica are.comjng to town....

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
We're not going to replace the logo mid-season, it would likely be done at the very start of the preseason announcements so any stock write off will happen in the financial report after we see the new logo. All stock with the current logo is good to use for the next 10 months at least.
Spoilsport....

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Careful what you wish for folks
1552017393629.png

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I paid $2000 for a Kerry King/Tom Araya 'meet and greet' and I'm going to get Kerry to sign my axe.

I hope to meet the Metallica guys too later this year- that would be a dream come true. This will be my 8th time seeing them

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
So it's safe to say we generated no more than $800k in revenue from our esports and baseball ventures assuming they are included in the "sundry income"

Naturally there is no breakdown on what those elements are costing us

Look, stat accounts are great, but i would kill to see the internal management accounts. The gateway to knowing what the * is going on in any organisation.

I paid $2000 for a Kerry King/Tom Araya 'meet and greet' and I'm going to get Kerry to sign my axe.

I have this at home, well, at my house that my ex-partner lives in while we work out the divorce:

n8xgf6dawpzfnzo486ax.jpg

and i would still be too embarrassed to ask Kerry King to sign it

Saw Slayer last time they were here. Gary Holt replaced Jeff. Ex said they were amazing live, and they were note-perfect, so i was warned in advance but holy * it's like listening to the album, except they're doing it live. ******* amazing.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
The drop in income from merch is curious considering Fagan often talks about the benefit of the WFAO members being that they buy more merch than non-members.

Back