Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next weekend we get the men on friday, women on sunday. I wonder if there will be a time when the women get a full season at the same time as the men and we get SANFL crows, AFL crows and AFLW crows on most weekends.

Channel 7 reporting our women's team got 250k from Jay to spend on programs in schools for girls.

Great stuff that the crows are spreading the word.

If we can get just 1% of all females to start playing footy for the crows........

Last edited:

Any news on the "Academy" they said they would set up?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Had a chat yesterday with a member of the PAWFC team yesterday at a juniors softball carnival in Port Pirie.

It was news to her. But she was hopefull of more players this year due to the popularity of womans footy now.

Channel 7 reporting our women's team got 250k from Jay to spend on programs in schools for girls.

Great stuff he crows are spreading the word.

If we can get just 1% of all females to start playing footy for the crows........

$275k, which was just committing to repeat this year what they already did last year

Great stuff he crows are spreading the word.

So the same amount he gives to port to create their Chinese propaganda tv series.

I'm sensing a synergy here...

Port are in China, where the was until recently a one-child policy, and boys were preferred, leading to lots of unwanted girls... they ship them Down Under, teach them footy, suddenly they've got enough for a team and become a powerhouse.

Or, maybe not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been having discussions with guys at work who are real footy heads but they keep bagging the womens footy saying their local div 6 team would towel them up.

They can't see that isn't the point (in every sport men would destroy the equivalent womens team), it is about providing an opportunity for females to play the best game in the world.

We are seeing the worse standard now, it will only improve each season. You can't question the passion or desire of the players, I still break out in a big smile every time they have sung the club song.

As a bonus how good is all the publicity and good PR the womens team are generating for the club.

Back page, articles in the paper, segments on TV/radio all just prior to the AFL season.

Congrats to Fagan for securing a licence after the AFL said there wasn't enough talent in SA to justify a team, he got off his backside and brokered a deal with the NT to strengthen our bid. Shame KT was too busy in China to follow up and put a submission into the AFL after "signing" Erin.

Been having discussions with guys at work who are real footy heads but they keep bagging the womens footy saying their local div 6 team would towel them up.

They can't see that isn't the point (in every sport men would destroy the equivalent womens team), it is about providing an opportunity for females to play the best game in the world.

We are seeing the worse standard now, it will only improve each season. You can't question the passion or desire of the players, I still break out in a big smile every time they have sung the club song.

I don't know why anyone is a fan of Rory Sloane, there are guys in the ammos who are better kicks than him.

Grand Finals from the VFL/AFL. Those Div 6 teams would probably towel these premiership teams up too, but they still count the flags.

Fitzroy 5.8.38
Essendon 3.8.26

Fitzroy 3.9.27
South Melbourne 3.8.26

Melbourne 4.10.34
Fitzroy 3.12.30

Essendon 6.7.43
Collingwood 2.4.16

They would only win due to body size and basic skill level.
The women are more disciplined, follow gameplan,maintain structure, are fitter and have more endeavour overall than any div6 I've watched. If they could hit targets and catch the pill a bit better along with taking hits from the blokes then it would be a good contest up to div4 I reckon.

Must admit though, I have cringed and thrown out the old "toughen up princess" line when seeing a couple of girls look as though they were crying after taking a knock. Is that harsh? I don't think so as I would and have said the same to my 11 y.o lad.
My point here being that I've known plenty of 15-17y.o male twigs play in A grade ammature sides from div3 down and these kids can handle the body contact from fully mature males. Will it be that long before certain woman could be expected to do the same and we scrap the idea that woman can't mix it with men up until a certain level?

Last edited:

Not all sports would men destroy a women's team. Men trying to do rhythmic gymnastics would and have failed spectacularly. Have a look at Women Artistic gymnasts who are better at many of the skills that the men are not. It comes down to opportunity and training and if they can't see that then they have no ability at using cognitive intelligence.

Not all sports would men destroy a women's team. Men trying to do rhythmic gymnastics would and have failed spectacularly. Have a look at Women Artistic gymnasts who are better at many of the skills that the men are not. It comes down to opportunity and training and if they can't see that then they have no ability at using cognitive intelligence.

You'd be hard pressed to find other examples though

Next weekend we get the men on friday, women on sunday. I wonder if there will be a time when the women get a full season at the same time as the men and we get SANFL crows, AFL crows and AFLW crows on most weekends.
SugarShane's wife does not like this.

Don't make a blanket statement that can't be backed up. That's what that statement was ignoring that there are sports out there where there is equal ability in men and women.

Sure, there are a handful of sports where women and men have roughly the same ability. But it's a very small minority of all the sports out there.

As a bonus how good is all the publicity and good PR the womens team are generating for the club.

Back page, articles in the paper, segments on TV/radio all just prior to the AFL season.

Congrats to Fagan for securing a licence after the AFL said there wasn't enough talent in SA to justify a team, he got off his backside and brokered a deal with the NT to strengthen our bid. Shame KT was too busy in China to follow up and put a submission into the AFL after "signing" Erin.

Yeah, this is a big tick for the regime of Fagan

Twenty years from now we'll tell stories that sound like this, and end "and that's how we won the inaugural women's premiership"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back