Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better than a shonky retailer like Harris 'please don't use our fitting rooms' Scarfe
How many rivers have HS poisoned? Totally different scale of corporate irresponsibility.

But hey, might as well give us their money.

How many rivers have HS poisoned? Totally different scale of corporate irresponsibility.

But hey, might as well give us their money.

Do discarded shopping trolleys count? Im not actually sure this is from HS and it does look like the fishees are content.:$
schooling-sargeant-majors-45M1910-12.jpg

I shall tune in, she's a beaut is Ebony

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have talked previously of the opportunity AFLW will afford young women looking for a pathway. A friends daughter has played for the first time this year and has been deemed good enough to make the South Adelaide development squad. When I mentioned she has an opportunity to play for the Crows her bottom lip dropped, as a Port supporter she hoped to play for Port. I had to point out Port dont and wont have a team for a few years.

I then reminded her of Erin Phillips and her background. So now she is at least considering it. But for someone who never thought of footy ( other than a backyard thing with her brothers) to actively playing and training in a development squad is a big boost for Womens Football and all it is trying to achieve.

Erin Phillips out due to commitments with the Dallas Wings..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=27c57cd8fe56b7daf2ea6ca4d6f58405-1502779489

AFLW best and fairest winner Erin Phillips will not front up in the inaugural AFLW State of Origin series.

The Adelaide co-captain will be overseas due to her commitments to WNBA side Dallas Wings when the game takes place on Saturday 2 September — during the AFL’s pre-finals bye round.

Meanwhile, the competition’s leading goalkicker, Carlton star Darcy Vescio, will miss the clash through injury.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Vescio has suffered a PCL injury and could potentially be sidelined for the remainder of the VFLW season, along with the State of Origin clash.

Three other players named in the original squads — Jess Duffin (Collingwood), Danielle Hardiman (Carlton) and Sarah D’Arcy — have also been sidelined through injury.

Carlton captain Lauren Arnell (Victoria), Collingwood skipper Steph Chiocci (Victoria) and Bulldogs co-captain Katie Brennan (Allies) are among the inclusions in the final 22-player teams.

AFLW STATE OF ORIGIN FINAL SQUADS

VICTORIA

Sarah Perkins (Adelaide), Kaitlyn Ashmore (Brisbane Lions), Lauren Arnell (Carlton), Brianna Davey (Carlton), Alison Downie (Carlton), Sarah Hosking (Carlton), Nicola Stevens (Carlton), Steph Chiocci (Collingwood), Jasmine Garner (Collingwood), Jaimee Lambert (Collingwood), Kara Donnellan (Fremantle) Alicia Eva (GWS), Jess Dal Pos (GWS), Karen Paxman (Melbourne), Daisy Pearce (Melbourne), Lauren Pearce (Melbourne), Melissa Hickey (Melbourne), Lily Mithen (Melbourne), Jasmine Grierson (Melbourne), Ellie Blackburn (Western Bulldogs), Emma Kearney (Western Bulldogs), Hannah Scott (Western Bulldogs)

ALLIES

Chelsea Randall (Adelaide), Ebony Marinoff (Adelaide), Courtney Cramey (Adelaide), Stevie-Lee Thompson (Adelaide), Sabrina Frederick-Traub (Brisbane Lions), Emily Bates (Brisbane Lions), Emma Zielke (Brisbane Lions), Jess Wuetschner (Brisbane Lions), Kate McCarthy (Brisbane Lions), Leah Kaslar (Brisbane Lions), Sam Virgo (Brisbane Lions), Tayla Harris (Carlton), Emma King (Collingwood), Ebony Antonio (Fremantle), Kirby Bentley (Fremantle), Dana Hooker (Fremantle), Erin McKinnon (GWS), Emma Swanson (GWS), Renee Tomkins (GWS), Elise O’Dea (Melbourne), Bianca Jakobsson (Melbourne), Katie Brennan (Western Bulldogs)

Erin Phillips out due to commitments with the Dallas Wings..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=27c57cd8fe56b7daf2ea6ca4d6f58405-1502779489

AFLW STATE OF ORIGIN FINAL SQUADS

VICTORIA

Sarah Perkins (Adelaide), Kaitlyn Ashmore (Brisbane Lions), Lauren Arnell (Carlton), Brianna Davey (Carlton), Alison Downie (Carlton), Sarah Hosking (Carlton), Nicola Stevens (Carlton), Steph Chiocci (Collingwood), Jasmine Garner (Collingwood), Jaimee Lambert (Collingwood), Kara Donnellan (Fremantle) Alicia Eva (GWS), Jess Dal Pos (GWS), Karen Paxman (Melbourne), Daisy Pearce (Melbourne), Lauren Pearce (Melbourne), Melissa Hickey (Melbourne), Lily Mithen (Melbourne), Jasmine Grierson (Melbourne), Ellie Blackburn (Western Bulldogs), Emma Kearney (Western Bulldogs), Hannah Scott (Western Bulldogs)

ALLIES

Chelsea Randall (Adelaide), Ebony Marinoff (Adelaide), Courtney Cramey (Adelaide), Stevie-Lee Thompson (Adelaide), Sabrina Frederick-Traub (Brisbane Lions), Emily Bates (Brisbane Lions), Emma Zielke (Brisbane Lions), Jess Wuetschner (Brisbane Lions), Kate McCarthy (Brisbane Lions), Leah Kaslar (Brisbane Lions), Sam Virgo (Brisbane Lions), Tayla Harris (Carlton), Emma King (Collingwood), Ebony Antonio (Fremantle), Kirby Bentley (Fremantle), Dana Hooker (Fremantle), Erin McKinnon (GWS), Emma Swanson (GWS), Renee Tomkins (GWS), Elise O’Dea (Melbourne), Bianca Jakobsson (Melbourne), Katie Brennan (Western Bulldogs)
Girls finding excuses to miss SOO just like the guys uses to.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Tex Perkins and Ebony were out with Douglas, Talia, Tex Walker, Greenwood, Atkins, Keath, and Jenkins doing the clinic and signings thing for Melbourne based members, and getting just as much love and hero worship from the kids as the lads were.

Girls finding excuses to miss SOO just like the guys uses to.

Except in Erin's case, if she wants to live/work the majority of the year in the US it means she is very restricted in how long she can spend in Australia. Her time last year was managed very carefully around that and the same will be happening for the new season, so don't equate her with others whose club made up injuries to miss SOO in the past

Except in Erin's case, if she wants to live/work the majority of the year in the US it means she is very restricted in how long she can spend in Australia. Her time last year was managed very carefully around that and the same will be happening for the new season, so don't equate her with others whose club made up injuries to miss SOO in the past
Yeah I know I'm completely joking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back