Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the opportunity to attend this tonight.

INTR0170_eDM_FINALx.jpg

Was a ripping night. Got a chance to talk with Jacquie Hey on cricket. Quick chat with Kate Gould - gee she an awesome assett for our board. And a long chat with Sally Hunter.

Some very insightful and passionate discussions had.

Kates comments on the excitement Eddie Betts can generate without being the biggest or strongest player out there certainly had the crowd thinking.

Fages popped over for a quick chat before he had to head home to a ton of work.

Club has a great partnership with Bendigo Adelaide and some top shelf assetts coming from their investment in and commitment to women in leadership.

Im really looking forward to seeing what our team can do, on and off field next year.

Have anyone heard that we've got Cotton On as the women's team major sponsor?

If it's the case, this shows that the women doesn't cannabalise the men's team for sponsors. They would be a company that wouldn't see much value in just the men's team, but with both it's suddenly more viable to sponsor.

If it's the case, this shows that the women doesn't cannabalise the men's team for sponsors. They would be a company that wouldn't see much value in just the men's team, but with both it's suddenly more viable to sponsor.

Haven't heard that. I think there was talk about them being the apparel sponsor for all clubs.

I know the Geelong bid had in-principle support from Cotton On, so they must be fairly interested to be involved.

I had the opportunity to attend this tonight.

INTR0170_eDM_FINALx.jpg

Was a ripping night. Got a chance to talk with Jacquie Hey on cricket. Quick chat with Kate Gould - gee she an awesome assett for our board. And a long chat with Sally Hunter.

Some very insightful and passionate discussions had.

Kates comments on the excitement Eddie Betts can generate without being the biggest or strongest player out there certainly had the crowd thinking.

Fages popped over for a quick chat before he had to head home to a ton of work.

Club has a great partnership with Bendigo Adelaide and some top shelf assetts coming from their investment in and commitment to women in leadership.

Im really looking forward to seeing what our team can do, on and off field next year.

Since when has a player in our game needed to be the biggest or strongest player to generate excitement. The opposite is almost always the case. I would have thought she was stating the bleeding obvious. I'm guessing you had to be there and perhaps not watched much football to have had that cause you pause for thought.

Last edited:

It certainly shows that some sponsorships won't be carved out from the men's opportunities. But I agree, it could ultimately be the reality. I sincerely doubt the govt injection would have otherwise gone near the men's team. It's a good start.

Have had the Fox Footy Round Table about Women's footy on in the background, one point rang true for me.

This league is not really about commercial success, or being a spectator sport, it is about giving young girls who become woman a chance to play the sport they love at the highest level and gain the respect that comes with that.

Other sports give women this chance, about time our sport did as well.

Since when has a player in our game needed to be the biggest or strongest player to generate excitement. The opposite is almost always the case. I would have thought she was stating the bleeding obvious. I'm guessing you had to be there and perhaps not watched much football to have had that cause you pause for thought.

Possibly. Maybe I'm just slow.

Good to know your open-minded about the spectacle of women's footy.

We had the crows come out to school last week.

4 girls asked me to help found them a club to play for. They are going to training tonight. They were very excited today.

I sent an e mail to none other than 'John Butcher' but not the super star goal kicking machine from port power.

I'm pretty sure she was countering the perception that women being lighter and smaller won't be able to provide the same AFL spectacle as the men. Valid point to make IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Chemist warehouse will be our major sponsor for the womens team.

Possibly. Maybe I'm just slow.

Good to know your open-minded about the spectacle of women's footy.

Come on, someone's comments about not needing to be the biggest or strongest to generate excitement got the crowd thinking? It's never been the case in Aussie Rules or any number of other sports. It's something you, and I'd expect the entire crowd, were fully aware of before they walked into the venue. Perhaps you can explain to me what is so groundbreaking about the comment. And also why you seem to think it's peculiar to women's footy. Unlike you, I can't see why women's footy will ultimately be any different to men's. Rucks will largely be the tallest, key positions players will generally be taller than mids. The best and most exciting players won't necessarily be the biggest or strongest. Or are there rule changes that you're aware of that aren't public knowledge yet?

Nothing to do with not being open-minded about the spectacle of women's footy. I'm plenty open-minded. Unlike most, I'm comfortable with where the game is at and how much work there is to do before it gets to where it wants to be. Just because I'm prepared to think critically and not hang on every word uttered by the industry, does not mean I'm not open minded. Obviously completely different to my view on the men's game, where I've always lapped everything up from our club and the AFL without a single critical thought.

Not involving Adelaide but I thought some might be interested

Looks as if there will be a womens game in the round 23-Finals bye weekend. Melbourne and Dogs .

The women’s game on September 3 will be broadcast live on Channel 7 with the first bounce at 7.20pm. It is the first game to be played under lights at the Whitten Oval.

Not involving Adelaide but I thought some might be interested

Looks as if there will be a womens game in the round 23-Finals bye weekend. Melbourne and Dogs .

The women’s game on September 3 will be broadcast live on Channel 7 with the first bounce at 7.20pm. It is the first game to be played under lights at the Whitten Oval.

It will include three players from Morphie's though.

Just heard Rowie and Bicks talking to Caro about this a bit. Marquee player to be announced next week. From Rowie and Bicks - they know who it is, huge name etc. Caro asked who it was, and they mentioned they can't say but the club is working through clearing the insurance etc.

Somebody from another sport? do we know who?

Just heard Rowie and Bicks talking to Caro about this a bit. Marquee player to be announced next week. From Rowie and Bicks - they know who it is, huge name etc. Caro asked who it was, and they mentioned they can't say but the club is working through clearing the insurance etc.

Somebody from another sport? do we know who?
Erin Phillips?

Christmas in July perhaps? Eh Port Adelaide?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back