Women's Footy AFC GET Women's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much better do the SANFL guernseys look than what they'll be lining up in for the comp?

real howler whoever signed off on that one.

I still see no reason (aside from marketing dollarydoos) that the women can't wear the traditional AFC guernsey

I still see no reason (aside from marketing dollarydoos) that the women can't wear the traditional AFC guernsey
well they're the only reasons, backfires a bit when you come up with something that ugly though surely.

how much better do the SANFL guernseys look than what they'll be lining up in for the comp?

real howler whoever signed off on that one.
Didnt Cotton On design all the guernseys based on the teams home guernsey design?

Add to the fact they may have wanted something slightly different because the team is the "Crows" not the "Adelaide Crows".

Didnt Cotton On design all the guernseys based on the teams home guernsey design?

Add to the fact they may have wanted something slightly different because the team is the "Crows" not the "Adelaide Crows".
the details don't really matter, make it as different as you like, just as long as it looks good.

given it took us about 15 years to get a good away Guernsey maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

the details don't really matter, make it as different as you like, just as long as it looks good.

given it took us about 15 years to get a good away Guernsey maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm not really sure that any of the women's guernsey's designed by Cotton On look decent. The colours are all wrong on the lot of them and we complain about BLK but man Cotton On have stuffed up big time.

I'm not really sure that any of the women's guernsey's designed by Cotton On look decent. The colours are all wrong on the lot of them and we complain about BLK but man Cotton On have stuffed up big time.
yeah, the colours are a dogs breakfast but otherwise I don't mind the design of the others, with the exception of the GWS one at least they look like footy jumpers!

ours is easily the least recognisable/bears the least resemblance to the men's guernsey. I understand why they'd want to position the teams carefully from a marketing point of view but I think ours is pushing into confusion territory. Perhaps that has something to do with the NT partnership? I'm not completely up to speed with that whole arrangement, I just know it wouldn't have happened without it.

any standouts?
To be fair mate I don't have enough knowledge of the players and their numbers to comment, but they kept yelling Randall a lot so she must of done well. Also there was a small, tanned, very pretty brunette who's skills were properly impressive. Found a couple of tricky kicks into the 50. To be fair I thought the level of the squad as a whole was a standout.

To be fair mate I don't have enough knowledge of the players and their numbers to comment, but they kept yelling Randall a lot so she must of done well. Also there was a small, tanned, very pretty brunette who's skills were properly impressive. Found a couple of tricky kicks into the 50. To be fair I thought the level of the squad as a whole was a standout.

I figured out Chelsea Randall was number 26 and one of the other players I know from Morphies, so I recognised her. I thought I figured out Jasmine Anderson too, but still not fully sure. Talia Radan had some nice skills and good hands for a mark, but I only knew it was her because her family were near me. :D

Most of the crowd were friends and family and that was lovely to see how pleased they were.

I figured out Chelsea Randall was number 26 and one of the other players I know from Morphies, so I recognised her. I thought I figured out Jasmine Anderson too, but still not fully sure. Talia Radan had some nice skills and good hands for a mark, but I only knew it was her because her family were near me. :D

Most of the crowd were friends and family and that was lovely to see how pleased they were.
Nikki, do you have a feel for which team might have the strongest squad?

Nikki, do you have a feel for which team might have the strongest squad?

No idea until we start to see them as I am unfamilar with a lot of the players.

Freo had a really good set up and have the coach that most think is the best coach, Michelle Cowan. I put Moana Hope (Collingwood) and Kaite Brennan (Bulldogs) as the stand out marquee players. With the reduction in player numbers on the field, that will definitely help out Moana greatly with a more open forward line. After watching the last Exhibition game, my father was very unimpressed with Daisy Pearce. In his words, 'if that was my team she would be dropped until she learned to listen to the coach and not try and coach everyone herself'. That could be a little mark against Cowan as she was not pulling up Daisy for overstepping her place. My dad has coached a lot and has been pretty successful at it. I trust his judgement on things like this. I was expecting this 'greatness' from Daisy that wasn't there out on the field. Brennan and Randall were so much better than her, to my shock.

My impression is that not only did we pick good skilled players with quickness for our team, but they are also pretty hard at the contest too, which I love to see. That was on show in the half of the internal trial I saw. We will play a trial game in Darwin against Freo before the season proper, so that should give us an idea about where we sit a bit I think. Honestly, with the heat and the reduction in players to lessen the amount of ball ups, I predict it will be the team with the fitest players who can still make good decisions and keep their skills up that will be the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this is Jenna McCormick

She is playing soccer for Canberra United and AFL for the AFC.

The team last night went to watch her play Adelaide United

No idea until we start to see them as I am unfamilar with a lot of the players.

Freo had a really good set up and have the coach that most think is the best coach, Michelle Cowan. I put Moana Hope (Collingwood) and Kaite Brennan (Bulldogs) as the stand out marquee players. With the reduction in player numbers on the field, that will definitely help out Moana greatly with a more open forward line. After watching the last Exhibition game, my father was very unimpressed with Daisy Pearce. In his words, 'if that was my team she would be dropped until she learned to listen to the coach and not try and coach everyone herself'. That could be a little mark against Cowan as she was not pulling up Daisy for overstepping her place. My dad has coached a lot and has been pretty successful at it. I trust his judgement on things like this. I was expecting this 'greatness' from Daisy that wasn't there out on the field. Brennan and Randall were so much better than her, to my shock.

My impression is that not only did we pick good skilled players with quickness for our team, but they are also pretty hard at the contest too, which I love to see. That was on show in the half of the internal trial I saw. We will play a trial game in Darwin against Freo before the season proper, so that should give us an idea about where we sit a bit I think. Honestly, with the heat and the reduction in players to lessen the amount of ball ups, I predict it will be the team with the fitest players who can still make good decisions and keep their skills up that will be the best.
While Brennan is about my favourite player to watch, I think Daisy is better. The last exhibition game wasn't her best, and I think on field coach is part of her role. The exhibition teams had 2 training sessions together, so its not like they had coaches game plan down pat, on field organisation was definitely part of her role.

A previous exhibition game she had 30+ possessions in a 60 min game. A possession every 2 min is like a 50+ possession game in a standard AFL length match.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

So this is Jenna McCormick

She is playing soccer for Canberra United and AFL for the AFC.

The team last night went to watch her play Adelaide United

So, national level soccer player, national level footy player, plays guitar and sings.

I don't like her already.

:eek:
Let that be a warning to opposition teams....We have ourselves an "Enforcer"...;)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-12-...le-crows-recruit-juggles-footy-and-basketball

'I like to hit people': Crows recruit juggles sports
Lee Gaskin December 6, 2016 11:47 AM

• Hatchard-620.jpg
Adelaide's multi-talented defender Anne Hatchard during training. Picture: afc.com.au

"I LIKE to hit people".

Before you go calling 000 on Adelaide's multi-talented defender Anne Hatchard, let it be known she contains her rage within the white lines of the football field.

Or the basketball court, as it may be.

The 18-year-old isn't just part of the inaugural Crows' squad for the AFL Women's competition, but she's also playing for Adelaide Lightning in the Women's National Basketball League.

It was a junior basketball coach who, after seeing Hatchard harass, box out and get in the face of her opponents, suggested she give football a go.

"She said I was very physical in basketball and that I would be very good at football," Hatchard said.

"I like to hit people and put on tackles.

"I love to bring the physically out in football."

After a couple of seasons playing footy for Ingle Farm, she moved to Morphettville Park and made the under-18 South Australian team.

Hatchard was named the team's most valuable player at the AFL Youth Girls’ National Championships in May.

Her efforts in the carnival caught the attention of the Crows, who selected the 176cm centre half-back with the 87th overall pick in the 2016 AFL Women's Draft.

A shooting guard with the Lightning, Hatchard admits it can be tough changing her mentality between the two sports.

"I try to control myself, but sometimes I will go for a rebound and push someone in the back and go, 'wrong sport'," she said.

"Then I'll know in my head not to do that again."

Hatchard was dux of Windsor Gardens Secondary College last year. Working at McDonald’s in what is a gap year, Hatchard plans to study criminology at Flinders University in 2017.

A huge basketball fan growing up, Hatchard was awestruck when she met Crows teammate – and Australian basketball star Erin Phillips – for the first time on Monday last week.

"I had a photo taken with her. I used to watch her when she played for the Lightning.

"I always wanted to play basketball with her and now I'll play football with her, which is so cool."

Hatchard is training twice a week with the Crows while also playing with the Lightning, who haven't won a game this season after their loss to Townsville last weekend.

They face the Dandenong Rangers on Friday night.

"The next few years there will come a point (where I have to choose between the two sports),” she said.

While football and basketball are hard to split, Hatchard has already made her choice when it comes to the Crows and crosstown rival, Port Adelaide.

"I love Port, but I'm going to learn to love the Crows more," she said.

AFLW players asked to prioritise cricket training over football
a44926c83ac64a35bd6128b378ac23d0

ELIZA SEWELL, Herald Sun
an hour ago
a44926c83ac64a35bd6128b378ac23d0

PLAYERS are gambling with their AFLW contracts by competing in the Women’s Big Bash League.

AFL clubs can terminate a player’s contract if they are injured playing another sport and cannot participate in the debut season.

The reality of being a semi-professional dual sportswoman is setting in, with players the meat in a WBBL versus AFLW sandwich.

Melbourne Stars bowler and Western Bulldogs ballwinner Emma Kearney revealed Cricket Australia had asked her to sign a form to prioritise cricket training and matches over AFLW during its season.

The rule will also affect Stars teammate Jess Cameron (Collingwood) as well as Melbourne Renegades pair Kirsty Lamb (Western Bulldogs) and Natalie Plane (Carlton), who will play in the inaugural AFLW season, which starts in February.

Kearney and Cameron are in Wellington on a camp with the Stars ahead of their season opener on Saturday.

“I’m disappointed Cricket Australia has brought this in ... it has been pretty stressful,” Kearney told the ABC.

If an AFLW player is injured playing another sport, the player is not covered under their football contract and the club is under no obligation to pay any resultant medical expenses.

They would not get paid and are not covered for income protection.

The sports are already clashing as Collingwood was scheduled to train on Tuesday and tonight, but Cameron is in Wellington with the Stars.

Cricket Australia said it would be up to individual Big Bash clubs if they continued to pay a player injured while playing another sport.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-12-08/live-broadcast-boost-for-aflw

Live broadcast boost for AFLW
December 8, 2016 6:19 PM

Fans will be able to watch every game of the Crows’ inaugural AFLW season live next year.

Foxtel and the Seven Network have struck a two-year broadcast deal which will see all 28 minor round AFLW matches shown live via pay and free-to-air television.

As part of the arrangement, Seven will endeavour to broadcast all Crows matches in South Australia, excluding the opening round, on either its primary channel or 7Mate.

The free-to-air network is committed to showing one AFLW match live nationally in the Saturday night timeslot during every round of the home and away season. Round One will feature two live broadcast games.

Seven will also show the AFLW Grand Final live on Saturday, March 25, coinciding with the opening round of the AFL premiership season.

All AFLW minor round matches will be broadcast live across the country on Foxtel. The pay-TV provider will show the AFLW decider on delay.

All games can be viewed live on mobile devices via the Official AFL Live App.

The landmark broadcast deal covers the 2017 and 2018 AFLW seasons.

The inaugural AFLW season begins in February next year.

I thought we might play more than the 1 game in the NT, I remember Alice Springs and Darwin was mentioned early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back