rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Received email from club announcing a Member Forum this Thursday, 5:30pm start to be held at AFC HQ West Lakes

Great idea but two days notice WTF.

Seems very strange as "confirm your attendance and we will contact you in the new year for your input into the agenda"

Were these emails meant to go out a month ago?

Is my email server on a go slow?

Received email from club announcing a Member Forum this Thursday, 5:30pm start to be held at AFC HQ West Lakes

Great idea but two days notice WTF.

Seems very strange as "confirm your attendance and we will contact you in the new year for your input into the agenda"

Were these emails meant to go out a month ago?

Is my email server on a go slow?

Nothing in my inbox. Scam?

It was from the same AFC email address they all come from.

I wonder if they just sent the email to people who contacted them with concerns about the club?

I sent a detailed email months ago. Screenshot_20200114-211333_Email.jpg

Just noticed the fine print, "other members will have the opportunity to attend future forums"

Maybe they are doing the agitators first?

Or going by long serving members first?

I wasn't planning on going (such short notice & work) but I might try and rejig if this will be my only chance.

Just noticed the fine print, "other members will have the opportunity to attend future forums"

I wasn't planning on going (such short notice & work) but I might try and rejig if this will be my only chance.
Well I have been a member since year 2, so don't think it's based on membership years.

Reckon may be more to do with your letter to them.

Ps. If you can't attend, just let brucetiki or deaneus attend as a proxy. ;)

I can’t see Rob letting me attend one, come to think of it I can’t see Fagan letting me either. Even Harper might hold a grudge and not sure if Trigg left any notes.

It was from the same AFC email address they all come from.

I wonder if they just sent the email to people who contacted them with concerns about the club?

I sent a detailed email months ago.View attachment 805871

Must have just emailed the members who had concerns about the club.

I for one would have liked to have attended this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

festivus.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see Rob letting me attend one, come to think of it I can’t see Fagan letting me either. Even Harper might hold a grudge and not sure if Trigg left any notes.
Trigg always left notes...things would have been very different if he didn't

I haven't received an e-mail. Also, where would they hold the meeting at the club? They don't exactly have the space for public meetings like this anymore.

I suspect you've been blacklisted.

Yeah, doesn't pass the sniff test immediately, but hey outreach has to start somewhere

p.s. delete this email

Send an email to the club thanking them for the invite but with only two days notice I will be unable to attend, I requested to be invited to the next forum - hopefully with more than two days notice.

I've been a member since round 1, 1991 and didn't get an invite, so I don't think it's anything to do with long-serving members.

I've only got silver membership, so maybe it's gold members (hehehehe wink wink nudge nudge)?

Must have just emailed the members who had concerns about the club.

I for one would have liked to have attended this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So it was sent to the whole membership base if it was only sent to members who had concerns.
#sackchapman2020

Last edited:
Doesn't look like anyone on here was able/invited to attend.

Be interested to see what was on the agenda, wonder if it was just a Muffin Meeting expanded to the whole membership list?

This club is a joke when it comes to fan engagement. Even when they’re trying to change they pull this s**t.

I sympathise with the club on the matter of scale - they're effectively asking for a focus group; with 70,000+ members, you have to do a bunch of small focus groups. How many people can you talk to at once? 10? 15? Maybe that's why there's a series of these.

But for notice, less than a week is not good, and smacks of disingenuity.

So did anyone here attend?

I sympathise with the club on the matter of scale - they're effectively asking for a focus group; with 70,000+ members, you have to do a bunch of small focus groups. How many people can you talk to at once? 10? 15? Maybe that's why there's a series of these.

But for notice, less than a week is not good, and smacks of disingenuity.

So did anyone here attend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back