AFC Member Forum 16 Jan 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Most likely its random and they are only emailing a small proportion of members and expecting only a subset of them to attend (plus helping achieve that by only giving short notice as this pretty much rules out country members).

Shouldn't require a forum to find out what frustrations existing members have, probably just a good way to try sell that they're on the right path. All that is lip service, proof will be in our actions going forward.

Shouldn't require a forum to find out what frustrations existing members have, probably just a good way to try sell that they're on the right path. All that is lip service, proof will be in our actions going forward.
100% it will be lip service, any criticism of Burton’s appointment, Chapman’s record would just be batted away.

They are trying to tick a box to say they care but really it would be as relevant as the muffin meetings.

Just like you shouldn't need a review to work out Burton is a cancer on the club & had to be sacked...

Does anyone recalled when either Fagan or Chapman Mentioned they are going to run smaller Members Forums throughout the year,
I gather this was the first one.

Don't know if I heard it on the radio or read it in the papers or one of the many emails I got from the club.

Sounds like it didn’t actually happen.
Giving members 2 days notice is trying to minimise real member involvement... particularly when half of people are still on leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw someone on Twitter who went. Said Fages and Saunders presented, but it was a very old crowd, so looks like they may have strategically picked their targets as usual.
Given the mix of our members, not surprised it was full of oldies.

Reckon there will be problems in 10 years or so as the inaugural members drop off as they age, footy memberships aren’t as attractive to younger supporters

I saw someone on Twitter who went. Said Fages and Saunders presented, but it was a very old crowd, so looks like they may have strategically picked their targets as usual.
Retired people more likely to have the time to attend, especially if the invites were at short notice

I found the Article referring to these Members Forums, It was Fagan who mentioned it. Key Note was

"Looking ahead we will soon launch details of a rolling series of Member forums where you will have the opportunity to visit the Club, receive presentations from key administration and football staff on a range of topics while also being provided with ample opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on topics that are important to you. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks."

Giving members 2 days notice is trying to minimise real member involvement... particularly when half of people are still on leave.
Maybe, but the flipside is it's not like everyone is working. A good chunk of people were still sitting around on holidays.

Maybe, but the flipside is it's not like everyone is working. A good chunk of people were still sitting around on holidays.
You see this is an example of how much of a club apologist you are. Providing 2 days notice is just poor, it’s really unheard of. It reeks of poor organisation and a half arsed attempt to engage supporters.

But here you are trying to offer some poxy flipside.

Sure, but who gives 2 days to their members to turn up to a meeting... unless an emergency?

Only do it if you wanting low numbers.

Sure, but who gives 2 days to their members to turn up to a meeting... unless an emergency?

Only do it if you wanting low numbers.
Or you've had too many no's from your RSVPs and you want to fill out the room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back