List Mgmt. AFC Player Contracts - Updates Please

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously bad news for Rob Shirley.

Add that to the way we played Saturday, the fast pass movement of the ball and play on at all cost and still negated one of the best ball winners in the AFKL may spell bad news for him.

This is working on us having only 2 draft picks and the upgrade of Martin.

Rendell, though being quoted saying how poor the draft is, may spot something late etc etc, which means an extra to be delisted.

Though my opinion is that we only take 2 picks in the live draft.

wow.... i'm rapt.... i do rate him as a Wingman/HFF

I've got nothing against him and think he'll make it as an AFL footballer. Just not at Adelaide.

Can't for the life of me see him doing better then Sloane, Armstrong, Douglas, Petrenko, Cook or Martin of the young mids who are currently out let alone blokes who we are yet to draft.

This is working on us having only 2 draft picks and the upgrade of Martin.

Rendell, though being quoted saying how poor the draft is, may spot something late etc etc, which means an extra to be delisted.

Though my opinion is that we only take 2 picks in the live draft.

I think that trades out (and in) will be the wildcard in deciding the number of delistings/retirements that we will go with

I think that trades out (and in) will be the wildcard in deciding the number of delistings/retirements that we will go with
Arh yes, I forgot this.

I wouldn't be surprised for the club to try and trade picks 2 and 3 for a higher pick 2 as well as floating a couple of players to help free up space.

Jarhann Jacky has been re-signed (10 News)

Didn't see that coming:eek:

:thumbsu: .......was always on the cards

Great decision by the club ........once again people write players off too easily ........look for the talent first, this guy has serious talent ........just needs to get his head into the right space

When Jacky drafted thought he was that scouting quick fwd we were looking for. But sadly he isnt going to make it apart from his football levels going backwards .
He is not rated at all down at the Eagles and lucky to get games in ressies.
I think there will be 4 delistings and poss. 1 retirements.
Delistings -- Gallman Gill -- Shirley- Good servant but doesnt serve any purpose going fwd. as well one of Jacky -- Kite or might rookie Lee if allowed to do so.
Think there might be a suprise retirement from fab 4 . Personally like to see 1 of my favourite plyrs retire in Tyson as showing signs of getting caught and not getting clear to deliver direct pass as has done. Like top players to retire when going ok than not knowing when to stop. Sad to see Lucas - Robertson etc to go out like they have
Martin and Moss if gets a fitness clearance will be elevated from rookie.
Also believe we will be involved in trades with Griffin - Douglas poss. being involved

When Jacky drafted thought he was that scouting quick fwd we were looking for. But sadly he isnt going to make it apart from his football levels going backwards .
He is not rated at all down at the Eagles and lucky to get games in ressies.
I think there will be 4 delistings and poss. 1 retirements.
Delistings -- Gallman Gill -- Shirley- Good servant but doesnt serve any purpose going fwd. as well one of Jacky -- Kite or might rookie Lee if allowed to do so.
Think there might be a suprise retirement from fab 4 . Personally like to see 1 of my favourite plyrs retire in Tyson as showing signs of getting caught and not getting clear to deliver direct pass as has done. Like top players to retire when going ok than not knowing when to stop. Sad to see Lucas - Robertson etc to go out like they have
Martin and Moss if gets a fitness clearance will be elevated from rookie.
Also believe we will be involved in trades with Griffin - Douglas poss. being involved

I disagree with 95% of this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow only new to site and expect posters to disagree with me . But least say what they mean . Thats a huge response certainly not going to get stimulated with that sort of response.
So you dont think Gallman - Gill are going to get delisted or Martin upgraded is that right as that is over 25% of my movements given as my thoughts

Wow only new to site and expect posters to disagree with me . But least say what they mean . Thats a huge response certainly not going to get stimulated with that sort of response.
So you dont think Gallman - Gill are going to get delisted or Martin upgraded is that right as that is over 25% of my movements given as my thoughts
Let's see...

You made some big calls there on Jacky, particularly considering he's just had his contract renewed. It's a safe bet he won't be going anywhere at the end of the year (though I would have said otherwise prior to the news about his contract).

Martin will be upgraded, Moss' future is far less certain - no matter what the doctor's report says.

I can understand your call on Edwards, but it would be easy for people to disagree with what your opinion.

Suggesting that Shirley "doesn't serve any purpose going forward" is rubbish. His position is certainly under threat - he'll be gone if at least 1 or 2 vacancies don't appear during trade week - but he definitely still has something to offer.

How's that for a starter?

Vader thats not a starter that is a response in what you agree with and more so dont.
Even if you were more critical I would be fine with but when whole response from Jo 172is dont agree with 95% and dont say why then just being silly.
Especially when Gill - Gallman being delisted and Martin being upgraded virtually all agree will happen Which is much more than 5% of suggestion.
Re Jacky didnt say he was going to be delisted as put him on a list and if as reported just been signed then he wont . But gave my views and feedback received on his progress and will defenitely
need to change local clubs to show his potential.
No way was I calling for Edwards head only hope does not go 1 year too many like Roo and others do and rightly or wrongly I have seem him tiring as season goes on hope he has ripper final series.
Wording on Shirley probably wrong but just saying that with all good young mid fielders and run on style playing now at his age time is up.
Moss progress at season end last season to force way into Centrals finals team suggest to me he has a lot of upside as long as there are no long term injury problems

Big call, but I expect to see Edwards play on after next season too.

Has had an awesome run with injuries, looked great to me this year again and still looks to love his footy as much as he did when he slept with a footy in his bed as a kid.

tyson is one of the least tacklable lifeforms in the universe

that includes bulls (male cows), lou ferrigno and ann from arrested development. "her?"

when he fended off two tackles to give to symes who wheeled around to result in a goal from tippett i think... is why he's more like thor than a cockroach. which can't be said of too many people.

You have Sellar listed twice. Did we ever get confirmation that he had signed for 2 years?

Kurt Tippett to 2012 :thumbsu:

Goodwin, Burton, McLeod, Edwards all to the end of 2010, one year at a time from now on

Reilly and Hentschel extended, but for how long? 2 years each? AFC website doesn't say

Adelaidenow website says Reilly - 2, Hentschel - 1:
Tippett's signing was announced by the Crows along with the contract extensions – by one season – to veterans Simon Goodwin, Andrew McLeod, Tyson Edwards and Brett Burton, recuperated forward Trent Hentschel and rookie Brodie Martin – and, by two seasons, of midfielder Brent Reilly.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26157806-5006301,00.html

Also, does anyone know when Symes is signed up until? 2010?

Let's see...

You made some big calls there on Jacky, particularly considering he's just had his contract renewed. It's a safe bet he won't be going anywhere at the end of the year (though I would have said otherwise prior to the news about his contract).

Martin will be upgraded, Moss' future is far less certain - no matter what the doctor's report says.

I can understand your call on Edwards, but it would be easy for people to disagree with what your opinion.

Suggesting that Shirley "doesn't serve any purpose going forward" is rubbish. His position is certainly under threat - he'll be gone if at least 1 or 2 vacancies don't appear during trade week - but he definitely still has something to offer.

How's that for a starter?

Vader see's all :p

vader-TIE.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back