Analysis AFC SANFL 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say Sholl is naturally suited to play in the back lines but I understand the logic here. The club knows he's going to be a good player and they probably want to fast track his development but he's not going to get a game playing in defence anytime soon. His best shot at getting early games is probably in the forward line.
Or... they don't want another shark in the water competing for a half back/wing position

I'd say Sholl is naturally suited to play in the back lines but I understand the logic here. The club knows he's going to be a good player and they probably want to fast track his development but he's not going to get a game playing in defence anytime soon. His best shot at getting early games is probably in the forward line.
Played mostly on the wing for Vic Metro at the 2018 U18 Championships and played some wing/outside midfield/half forward for the Calder Cannons on occasions so the role won't be all that foreign to Lachlan if indeed he starts there.

Not sure this can be levelled at the coaches this year. I don't see him playing forward FWIW.
The weakest part of Sholl's game at this time is his one on one defensive stuff and one on one contested ball going right back to his TAC games so maybe this is all part of his education?

The weakest part of Sholl's game at this time is his one on one defensive stuff and one on one contested ball going right back to his TAC games so maybe this is all part of his education?
Wouldn't be against it.

Our AFL game will be delayed and the games will be shown back to back.
unless one lives interstate, like me, whereby the AFL game is possibly live (and in my case is live). I love watching the SANFL side when possible though... it is good to see the development of the players :)

Trengrove has been in ripping form in the SANFL, it'll be interesting to see how Wilson goes in being a damaging mid alongside players like Gibbs.

Scholl up forward I don't understand so much, potentially gets a midfield rotation?

All four emergencies have been named in the SANFL side. Anyone know who the travelling emergency is likely to be and so who will drop out of the SANFL side? Perhaps Gibbs so that we have some cover for M Crouch if he doesn't come up? Or is it already determined that he will be fine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All four emergencies have been named in the SANFL side. Anyone know who the travelling emergency is likely to be and so who will drop out of the SANFL side? Perhaps Gibbs so that we have some cover for M Crouch if he doesn't come up? Or is it already determined that he will be fine?
Reading the article on afc site it says we will make a call on mrouch today. I would imagine he won't fly to brisbane if he is looking doubtful. Given the bye situation I would imagine that Knight is the travelling emergency. Gibbs needs a game so does Mchenry. But if Crouch is ruled out then Gibbs should come in.

is this weeks SANFL side our strongest ever?
I think it is. Our 2016 SANFL side that made the Prelim was pretty strong. So strong that we had a full list of AFL players playing and Otten had to captain as Carey was unable to play due to us having enough available. Different rules now though for finals. We can only play 16 AFL players playing and if crows AFL are knocke out of finals then the players have to had played more SANFL games than AFL games and 3 games after June.

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_...e=124743122&c=1-3289-35009-392821-0&pool=1001

Strongest SANFL side ever where we knocked out South in a Semi.

Greenwood, Keath, Henderson, Knight, Otten, Van Berlo, Kelly, Milera, Seedsman, Ellis-Yolment, Doedee and O'Brien all extremely competent AFL footballers.

Beech, Grigg and Menzel elite SANFL level players.

Dear, Gore, Lowden, Wigg, Hampton and Ramsey the worst of the lot, all of which are more than competent SANFL players.

Poll question, would that 2016 semi final side beat Carlton?

So looking at a side of:

B Kelly - Otten - Doedee
HB Seedsman - Keath - Van Berlo
C Henderson - Ellis-Yolmen - Milera
HF Hampton - Dear - Knight
F Menzel - Hunter - Beech
R O'Brien - Greenwood - Grigg

I Wigg - Ramsey - Gore - Shaw*

*Sam Shaw was on our list at the time but was injured, I'm giving him a miraculous recovery to fill that 22nd AFL-listed player spot given no one else was available

I mean the bench is no good but the starting 18 would be quite competitive. Tall forwards a bit concerning but Menzel and Beech decent on their day and the half forwards in Hampton and Knight aren't too bad. Defense would be hard to beat with all of Keath, Doedee, Kelly, Otten and VB down there.

Excellent wing power thanks to Seed, Hendo and Milera. Inside midfield lacking stars but all are serviceable players. CEY and Greenwood vs Cripps would be an interesting battle. O'Brien a great first ruck

I think that SANFL side would be on par with Gold Coast, and they beat Carlton so my answer is yes, they would beat Carlton

McHenry is the travelling emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back